James Bailey

ScottyDCFC

That, and that awful virus he got...and the injury too. He came back unfit, lacking confidence, in a poor side that played football which didn't suit him at a time when the pitches weren't to his liking.

Even then, he was often the only promising thing to take home from some very very dissapointing defeats.

That's why I rate him highly, and as em says, he breaks up play. The "dirty" side of his game came on leaps and bounds and he's capable of winning the ball. And as already said, he really can pick out a pass.

Previous two posts have nailed it for me. The old fella who sits behind me rarely gets really excited about anyone - but constantly enthuses about JB.

Right who's next? Cywka? ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he had a good first season on the whole. Saw him do a couple of genuinely good tackles against Leeds at PP during second half which both got the crowd going and gave the team a bit of momentum. As previous analyses have pointed out, he would benefit further from a mentor - but not one who moves around at the speed of something from the Galapagos Islands, one who can actually free him up a bit.

As said before on the forum somewhere Savage looked better when played alongside Bailey. But a lot of people don't realise how much of an impact Bailey has on the game because it's them little things that he does which help the rest of his team mates.

I know from what is written under my avatar that you will all think that my liking of Bails is down to the fact that he is handsome and provides us women with an extra reason to get a Rams season ticket, but I can recognise a useful player when I see one and James Bailey more than falls into that category, hopefully, with an experienced midfielder alongside him he will progress to be the player that could grace any premiership club.

In a past copy of The Ram, James was very complimentary towards Sav, who he said guided and instructed him through matches, James is still relatively young and will learn from having the right player beside him.

I started a thread on the best Clough signing months ago and said then that Bailey was my tip to eventually outshine the rest.My opinion remains unchanged,though I've a sneaking feeling that Bryson might challenge (although more experienced).

question is, with Bryson signed and a "veteran" on the way (Eustace?) will he actually get in the team?

Bryson isn't a defensive mid, he is an attacking player and plays in one of the three in the 4-2-3-1 formation so they won't be challenging for a position at defensive mid. Bryson states in his interview as soon as he joined the club that at Killie he played in the 3 or in the 2 in the 4-2-3-1 and the 4-3-2-1 formation.

I think he'll end up being a holding midfielder, this season he hasnt shown the shooting, creativity, positioning or stamina to be a player that gets forward and makes things happen. He's comfortable on the ball and could end up being a decent holding mid if he can improve his physical side of the game. Still think he needs to get involved more, it's all well and good him keeping possession in the middle of the park but he needs to add more to his game, whether it's getting forward or being a strong defensive midfield type.

I think we have to consider he was playing next to no legs sav last season so was at times having to cover hor him. With Bryson and him in that position think you will see both attacking the box more in a style which Bowyer made his name without the crap attitude of Bowyer. I think our midfield 5 with Bailey, Bryson, Addison, Maguire?, Ward, Tyson, Robbinson, Cywka, Ben Davies is starting to take shape, we have 3 very good holding midfielders with 6 very quick attacking midfield/strikers. We know Ward Cywka and Ben Davies can tackle, not seen enough of Tyson, Maguire Robinson to say they can tackle, bit one thing with CLough he tends to pick players who have that element to the game.

Did anyone else completely forget about Paul Green? I did, not that i think he's much good.

No, but he's not meant to be playing for quite some time isn't he? So it's difficult to factor him in at this stage.

In terms of Bryson, I thought he wasn't bought as one of the so-called three behind the striker. In Maguire, Ward, Robinson, Cwyka, Ben Davies, Green (whien fit) We've got enough of those already haven't we?

I thought, and I accept I'm quite possibly wrong, that if we play 4-2-3-1 the two in midfield were from Bailey, Bryson, Addison and the "veteran", whoever he may be.

In which case, to get back on topic, would Bailey be first choice?

James Bailey certainly for me is one of the players already in place for the future of this football club.. I really rate him, at this level you struggle to find a player who tackles and comes out with the ball, normally it's a tackle and the balls 40 yards away from them! Bailey goes for the tackle, comes out with the ball and knocks it 30 yards to someone in space.

Really top player!

I agree with all posters who really rate Bailey, particularly Duracell bunny's comments. I think this lad is superb and we really missed him when he was out injured. I think it's no coincidence at all that the general coherance of our play, and results started to improve when he got back in. Never mind Sidwell, Bailey reminds me of Paul Scholes

Will he start? You bet. I think he will be one of the first names on the team sheet. Nigel Clough has said that we will play 4 - 3 - 3 if we can. Assuming we get Waghorn and Shackell, I think our first choice team will be

--Tyson --Waghorn --Ward--

------Bryson--Eustace--Bailey---

--New player--Shackell--Barker--Brayford---

---Fielding---

I agree with all posters who really rate Bailey, particularly Duracell bunny's comments. I think this lad is superb and we really missed him when he was out injured. I think it's no coincidence at all that the general coherance of our play, and results started to improve when he got back in. Never mind Sidwell, Bailey reminds me of Paul Scholes

Will he start? You bet. I think he will be one of the first names on the team sheet. Nigel Clough has said that we will play 4 - 3 - 3 if we can. Assuming we get Waghorn and Shackell, I think our first choice team will be

--Tyson --Waghorn --Ward--

------Bryson--Eustace--Bailey---

--New player--Shackell--Barker--Brayford---

---Fielding---

The question about whether Bailey will start is a non question to some extent. No player can start all games. We couldnt fill a bench on several occasions last season and the main difference this year will be greater depth. Make no bones about it, Bailey will feature high on Cloughs list this season. He did well last season and will comeback more mature and confident in his ability to perform at championship level but having a midfield 3 as listed above is of no use to us - we will need 5 or 6 who can play in that position to get through the season. Your team does not include Addison, Green, Pearson, Cywka, Maguire, Robinson, Ben Davies or Steve Davies who are all candidates for the front 6 positions. We will have injuries, suspensions, we may sell some and players will come in and out of form but we will need at least that number of players over the course of a season.

The question about whether Bailey will start is a non question to some extent. No player can start all games. We couldnt fill a bench on several occasions last season and the main difference this year will be greater depth. Make no bones about it, Bailey will feature high on Cloughs list this season. He did well last season and will comeback more mature and confident in his ability to perform at championship level but having a midfield 3 as listed above is of no use to us - we will need 5 or 6 who can play in that position to get through the season. Your team does not include Addison, Green, Pearson, Cywka, Maguire, Robinson, Ben Davies or Steve Davies who are all candidates for the front 6 positions. We will have injuries, suspensions, we may sell some and players will come in and out of form but we will need at least that number of players over the course of a season.

Agree.

=========Fielding=========

Brayford Barker Shackell Roberts

======Bailey Bryson=======

==Cywka=Maguire=Ward==

=========Tyson=========

Wouldn't mind that tbh.

Agree.

=========Fielding=========

Brayford Barker Shackell Roberts

======Bailey Bryson=======

==Cywka=Maguire=Ward==

=========Tyson=========

Wouldn't mind that tbh.

Possible Cywka/Waghorn swap if that comes off. Or with Maguire if he's useless.

Possible Cywka/Waghorn swap if that comes off. Or with Maguire if he's useless.

That's the exciting thing though. On the bench will be Cywka/Waghorn, Ben Davies, Steve Davies, Anderson, ,Robinson and Addison.

And we haven't stopped siging players yet. Options, options, options.

I agree, I said that was what I thought our first choice 11 would be, given everyone was available

That's if the season started now, I genuinely still think we're 5 players short of what we'll go into the first game with..

A left back, Centre Midfielder, Striker (on the cards)

plus A keeper, Attacking midfielder and perhaps more, who knows.

Archived