Transfer News 6am Monday Morning

Day

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its called top heavy- there is going to be a lot of sulking and sending out of players on loan who have fallen out with CLough

'Top Heavy' or 'Options' it still means competition for places. Work and perform or you are out of the side. You can also add Ball to the list, but injuries and suspensions will also have less of an impact.

I forgot about Ball(as I think Nige is prone to do!). I would have preferred not to have signed Tyson and bought a real CF in and left it at that. Ball must be getting a bit pissed off seeing more strikers being signed that drop him further down the pecking order, I think another CF is getting a little excessive.

Except maybe in defence and the defensive midfielders.

If we got rid of Bywater, Leacock, Pearson and Varney we could probably afford to sign 2 players for every position and not be worse off financially.

LB's still the obvious problem position in defence - If Roberts is injured then we'll have to rely on Pearson filling in! :eek:

Clough said we'd be brining in a loan or two.

From all the noises coming out of the club I expect one of those loans to be a left-back.

Cunningham from Man City would be my choice. Great young left-back. Irish international. Was on loan at Leicester last season.

Cunningham from Man City would be my choice. Great young left-back. Irish international. Was on loan at Leicester last season.

Aye. I'd like Matthew Briggs too.

To be honest I don't care who it is, so long as we have more than just Roberts.

Archived