Steve Davies to Millwall?

CapeTownRams

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also if Tyson is replacing Davies, I will be really angry as i think Davies is a lot better! If Nigel sells him I will not support him as manager anymore! His man management btw is awful, has fell out with many players for e.g Martin and says it's because we don't play with wingers anymore ... What a pathetic excuse as we have signed Tyson to play LW and also I really hope Cywka is still in his plans ...

Also if Tyson is replacing Davies, I will be really angry as i think Davies is a lot better! If Nigel sells him I will not support him as manager anymore! His man management btw is awful, has fell out with many players for e.g Martin and says it's because we don't play with wingers anymore ... What a pathetic excuse as we have signed Tyson to play LW and also I really hope Cywka is still in his plans ...

Yeh, me too...

Oh my God!!! Nigel Clough will be devastated to hear that you will be really angry and won't support him anymore.

That's you and Boycie in the refund queue tomorrow morning then...........

Hang on haven't people been calling Davies "sick note" and could not understand why we offered him a contract in the first place. One thing that needs pointing out it is a sentence what Millwall are interested in him . Now they have just received I think £2.8million for Morrison why would a club like Millwall with that money buy a player who has a worse injury record in the last 3 seasons than Commons (lol). I think this is a comment just put out there as we are in the reckoning of buying players and Clough has stated he wants 5 or 6 striker pushing for a start.

We currently have Steve Davies, Ward, Robinson. Ball (who is developing), It is reported that Maguire and Tyson are signing (Cywka not included as he is seen more as a midfielder) . I have a sneaky feeling a proven championship striker will not be coming as their prices are so inflated at the moment look at Morrison, Sharp and Graham. Out of the strikers remaining in this division none are as prolific as these or are good enough to play in that lone striker. I would like to see Steve Davies get a preseason with no injuries and a run up front as the loan striker WHEN fit. Remember he scored 5 goals after coming back from long term injury with no fitness and in a struggling side. With Tyson, Maguire, Ward as first choice with Cywka and Robinson on the bench to come on as impact players or for injuries this attacking line has pace and goals in them and could cause problems for any defence. For me would like the money to spent on the striker now be spent on a championship proven left back who is aged about 24-28 and replace Roberts as that will then really tighten the defence with Shackell and another defensive midfielder to allow rotation between Bailey, Bryson and another midfielder.

Thats my view anyway

DERBY County say they have had no contact from Millwall about striker Steve Davies.

The Lions are reported to be interested in signing Davies as they look for a replacement for leading marksman Steve Morison, who has joined Premier League new boys Norwich City.

Morison brought in a club record fee, which could rise to around £2.5m, some of which manager Kenny Jackett will be given to spend over the summer.

Davies is under contract with Derby and is not a player that manager Nigel Clough is looking to sell.

In February, the 23-year-old forward signed a new deal which runs to the end of next season, with the option of another year beyond 2012.

The former Tranmere Rovers man, who has been plagued by injuries since joining Derby three years ago, scored five goals in 21 games for the Rams last season.

Overall, he has netted 11 times in 67 appearances, 33 of which have been as a substitute.

One of his goals came against Millwall, in an FA Cup third round replay at Pride Park Stadium in January 2010, when his extra-time strike cancelled out Morison's opener and took the tie to a penalty shoot-out, which Derby won.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/MILLWALL-LINKED-DAVIES-DERBY-LOOKING-SELL/article-3639769-detail/article.html

Hang on haven't people been calling Davies "sick note" and could not understand why we offered him a contract in the first place. One thing that needs pointing out it is a sentence what Millwall are interested in him . Now they have just received I think £2.8million for Morrison why would a club like Millwall with that money buy a player who has a worse injury record in the last 3 seasons than Commons (lol). I think this is a comment just put out there as we are in the reckoning of buying players and Clough has stated he wants 5 or 6 striker pushing for a start.

We currently have Steve Davies, Ward, Robinson. Ball (who is developing), It is reported that Maguire and Tyson are signing (Cywka not included as he is seen more as a midfielder) . I have a sneaky feeling a proven championship striker will not be coming as their prices are so inflated at the moment look at Morrison, Sharp and Graham. Out of the strikers remaining in this division none are as prolific as these or are good enough to play in that lone striker. I would like to see Steve Davies get a preseason with no injuries and a run up front as the loan striker WHEN fit. Remember he scored 5 goals after coming back from long term injury with no fitness and in a struggling side. With Tyson, Maguire, Ward as first choice with Cywka and Robinson on the bench to come on as impact players or for injuries this attacking line has pace and goals in them and could cause problems for any defence. For me would like the money to spent on the striker now be spent on a championship proven left back who is aged about 24-28 and replace Roberts as that will then really tighten the defence with Shackell and another defensive midfielder to allow rotation between Bailey, Bryson and another midfielder.

Thats my view anyway

Very good post.

Out of interest tho, Who would be back up to a (Fingers Crossed) fully fit and reliable Davies in terms of the lone striker role?.

Very good post.

Out of interest tho, Who would be back up to a (Fingers Crossed) fully fit and reliable Davies in terms of the lone striker role?.

I think there has been talk of Tyson wanting to play through the middle more.

I think there has been talk of Tyson wanting to play through the middle more.

Yes, maybe if he is the middle of the park and runs forward very quickly in a straight line with the ball he might actually score a few goals as opposed to giving a goal kick every time when he does the same on the wing.....

He'd really have to develop some form and improve on his finishing tho and it's a big ask of him. Let's hope it works out for him tbh. There has to be more than Steve Davies as Lone striker (or targetman). No as far as Theo is concerned, Ward seems better behind a targetman sniping off some long shots. I'd love to see what Maguire is like to be honest. Can't wait to see Nigel start to unleash Ball, bit by bit. A lot of players who need to Step-Up or Prove a point.

He'd really have to develop some form and improve on his finishing tho and it's a big ask of him. Let's hope it works out for him tbh. There has to be more than Steve Davies as Lone striker (or targetman). No as far as Theo is concerned, Ward seems better behind a targetman sniping off some long shots. I'd love to see what Maguire is like to be honest. Can't wait to see Nigel start to unleash Ball, bit by bit. A lot of players who need to Step-Up or Prove a point.

Which to me, is why this squad is looking better and better to me. A lot of hungry players who have a lot to prove. We seem to finally be getting a group of players with similar mentalities, rather than just a group of individuals.

Very true. Too much of the 'Robbie Savage Show' last season and only having a few players to really get us excited. With the pace, and as you say hunger and work-rate to really get at teams. People like Bryson to make the passes, Bailey in a slightly looser role. Defence more robust and solid. Full backs (hopefully) who are much more useful in assisting attacks when necessary. My only concern is the lack of 'Steel' within the midfield. Still more signings to come tho, and loans.....

Archived