Steve Davies to Millwall?

CapeTownRams

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe that's what we gave him a deal, someone got wind that someone would be interested and thought "if we extend his contract then we might just get something for him"

Possibly why we extended Pringle (although that didn't quite work) and Buxton ( who knows Barnsley might take him plus a wedge of cash on return for Shackell)

Maybe that's what we gave him a deal, someone got wind that someone would be interested and thought "if we extend his contract then we might just get something for him"

Possibly why we extended Pringle (although that didn't quite work) and Buxton ( who knows Barnsley might take him plus a wedge of cash on return for Shackell)

I would be happy if the club received roughly what we paid for him. Nothing against him, he has plenty of skill and works hard, I am not even that concerned about his injury record. I just don't know where he fits into the team. I don't see him as a centre forward, wide man or midfielder. Someone else may build the way they play around him which may be to his benefit. If he goes it could be a win for both clubs and also for Davies.

I agree with you about Buxton, I think he is easily a Championship player as he showed in his first season. He would be excellent with a smaller club getting regular games.

I hope we don't let Davies go! I think he is a very good striker at this level with a huge amount of potential and he showed with a run of games he can score goals even though he was injured for a long time, the injuries he had were very bad and unlucky, hopefully he is over the injuries now because I think he is a very good player. Hopefully Nigel keeps him!

I thought he was utter sh*te during the run of games he had at the end of the season, as a striker he offers very little, slow as f*ck, doesnt win much in the air and not good enough on the ball to offer anything in that respect. Add to that, his injury record since he's been with us and the amount of strikers it looks as if we're guna bring in i cant see any reason to keep him.

You can't really judge him on those games - he came into the side during a difficult time, mostly playing up front on his own and he clearly wasn't fully fit either. If he has a decent preseason then he should be a lot better. He's a good finisher and he scores scrappy goals as well (something which we do nowhere near enough of), and we've seen enough flashes of talent in between his injuries to suggest he's worth persevering with. He just needs to get fit, stay fit and get a decent run of games.

He scored 5 goals last season and wasn't fully fit, would like to see what he can do fully fit.

Re: the sell on fee, and appearance add on and a sell clause, how is that possible when he was out of contract and had to only pay compo to tranmere!!

He scored 5 goals last season and wasn't fully fit, would like to see what he can do fully fit.

Re: the sell on fee, and appearance add on and a sell clause, how is that possible when he was out of contract and had to only pay compo to tranmere!!

These are the terms of the compensation we had to pay from wikki

Derby County

Davies signed a three year deal with Derby on 12 June 2008.[2] As the two clubs could not agree a fee for Davies, on the 26th August 2008 a tribunal ordered Derby to pay Tranmere up to £725,000 in compensation. This figure comprises an initial fee of £275,000, an extra £250,000 based on appearances and an additional £200,000 if Derby win promotion to the Premiership within 3 years.

I can't see that deal happening with Buxton but can see it with Leacock. Leacock not in Cloughs plans valued at approx £500-£700k depending on results. Leacock would go into their side and Leacock will have ex ram player in Bambi there. I have a feeling we will offer £500k and Leacock in the end. Barnsley would take that option as well as they do not have a lot of options

Archived