Championship signings

sage

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing is with the squad they have i can't see them not going up in all honesty.

I agree, no one they have signed i would take, that defender for 5mill, thats 3 mill too much, he cost that much because they knew they had money to spend.

Nugents done nowt in the last 3 seasons. As for the rest.....who????.

They do have a few good players there already though, king and wellens.

fook me.

sven the laziest manager in football. 99% of the players he's signin either played for him at man city, notts or england. Where i maight add he's done fook all.

I'm sorry, but he's an overrated manager with a rubbish record in english football and only goes where he can get the most wages.

He's blowing all yer cash and if ya don't go up this season, he'll walk and leave ya in the *****.

I might add that a lot of my mates ar fester supporters and some agree!!!!!!!.

Will be interesting to see how their season pans.

I tend to agree with most of what you say... :(

Its **** or bust time, down at the King Power...

I agree, no one they have signed i would take, that defender for 5mill, thats 3 mill too much, he cost that much because they knew they had money to spend.

Nugents done nowt in the last 3 seasons. As for the rest.....who????.

They do have a few good players there already though, king and wellens.

Tell me you`re joking, right ?

Tell me you`re joking, right ?

Some people are stupid. Just throwing that out there.

If you don't go up, Sven should be banned from ever managing again. And Leicester should be relegated on principle. And those players made to play for free for a year, or their careers shall be ended.

These are the rules that I have deemed necessary. I do hope someone is writing all of this down.....

No mate, not jokin.

id take the 2 mids i mentioned, but of his signings i can go through them and cant see who id, swap with them. I think your 5mill cb will only be as good as barker and shakell, nugent?, tyson as good if not better when he settles into his favoured pos. st ledger, defender relegated with preston, a huddersfield fullback, a full back who aint played for 3 seasons.....

Not takin the p***, like i said nearly all my mates are fester supporters and when we chat, they seem to have the same feeling they did when taylor blew all yer cash last time.

Is that aimed at me??????????

Too biased to see sense perhaps? Though that is kinda stupid. And not really aimed at you no, more the fact that some fans think that they wouldn't take any of Leicesters players.

They've signed players that would walk into our side. Nugent would, Danns would too. I don't know why fans are saying that. They will walk this league, along with West Ham.

The thing is with the squad they have i can't see them not going up in all honesty.

Their first XI at the moment is something along the lines of

Schmeichel

Peltier

Mills

St Ledger

Konchesky

Danns

Wellens

King

Vassell

Waghorn

Nugent

It's not a bad team, but it's not a great one and they're very weak up front. They haven't actually got that much depth either - beyond that they've got Gallacher, Howard, Oakley, Pantsil, Abe and then we're onto nobodies really. yes they will probably strengthen more, but at the moment it's not a team that I would see walking the league or anything like that.

The thing im worried about is scoring goals. We`ve looked solid in pre season at the back, If we get Maynard i`ll be a very happy man.

By the way.. We are in talks with Swiss international Gelson Fernandes from St Etienne. And yes... He was at Man City with Sven.. O_o

The thing im worried about is scoring goals. We`ve looked solid in pre season at the back, If we get Maynard i`ll be a very happy man.

By the way.. We are in talks with Swiss international Gelson Fernandes from St Etienne. And yes... He was at Man City with Sven.. O_o

Gelson Fernandes is a cracking player, great asset to have available to you.

Would love him here.

Too biased to see sense perhaps? Though that is kinda stupid. And not really aimed at you no, more the fact that some fans think that they wouldn't take any of Leicesters players.

They've signed players that would walk into our side. Nugent would, Danns would too. I don't know why fans are saying that. They will walk this league, along with West Ham

Biased?...no far from it, been a supporter too long, was once when i was about 15 but most kids are eh?.

I said the players sven has signed, that's my opinion, not a biased one.

Nugent has done nothing, why would he walk into our team, he had one good season for preston.

Danns?... not a bad player, but walk into our team?, no.

Mills?... undoubtedly one of the best cb in the league, but remember Barker played all season with an injury and still looked superb. So a fully fit Barker would stand up against Mills, like i said he cost 5mill cos it was leic's, he's not worth no where near that.

Konchesky?....lol, rubbish for pool, rubbish for florist, he will be rubbish for leic. Would you swap him for brayford?, no chance.

Peltier?......WHO, prob one for the future, but walk into our side..come on.

schmeichel?... decent gk, but better than fielding?, time will tell.

The only 2 i said i WOULD have were not signed by sven. wellens and king.

That was my point!!!, that sven was a lazy manager, now.. is that being stupid or biased, or are we not allowed to have opinions here?.

Schmeichel - Good

Peltier - alright

Mills - Very good

St Ledger - alright

Konchesky - ha

Danns - good

Wellens - alright

King - good

Vassell - alright

Waghorn - alright

Nugent - alright

Not that strong a team, pretty average really

Squad.. (more to come dont forget)

----------------- Schmeical

Pantsil ----- Mills ------ Bamba --------Konchesky

----------------- Fernandez

-----Wellens ------------------- Danns

-------------King ---------Johnson

--------------------Nugent

Weale

Peltier

Ball

Tunchev

St. Ledger

Berner

Dyer

Oakley

Abe

Moussa

Vassell

Waghorn

Gallagher

Howard

Strength in depth apart from up front, which will be addressed.

The midfield is the strongest in the Championship in terms of quality cover i think you`d agree...

Weale

Peltier

Ball

Tunchev

St. Ledger

Berner

Dyer

Oakley

Abe

Moussa

Vassell

Waghorn

Gallagher

Howard

The midfield is the strongest in the Championship in terms of quality cover i think you`d agree...

Im just wondering who is going to bail you out this time when it all goes tits up again! ;)

Biased?...no far from it, been a supporter too long, was once when i was about 15 but most kids are eh?.

Nugent has done nothing, why would he walk into our team, he had one good season for preston.

Mills?... undoubtedly one of the best cb in the league, but remember Barker played all season with an injury and still looked superb. So a fully fit Barker would stand up against Mills, like i said he cost 5mill cos it was leic's, he's not worth no where near that.

Konchesky?....lol, rubbish for pool, rubbish for florist, he will be rubbish for leic. Would you swap him for brayford?, no chance.

That was my point!!!, that sven was a lazy manager, now.. is that being stupid or biased, or are we not allowed to have opinions here?.

Good post MW, well reasoned, logical and fair minded.

You may have forgotten to add that lester are fookin wanc and their fans are inbred illigimate offspring of visiting fat rugby supporters. If their lucky!!

Just trying to help:D

No no, you're allowed to have opinions, of course. Didn't mean to be rude, I just see it as quite odd that you would argue those players wouldn't get into our side quite easily.

If it's Svens signings then that's more agreeable, yet I definitely disagree with you here:

Nugent is a better striker than Steve Davies and Nathan Tyson, and so would walk straight into our team currently.

Danns would go straight into our attacking three, perhaps not dislodging Bryson but he's definitely better than Maguire currently. He's like an in-form Paul Green with a more attacking nature.

Agreed, however he is better than Shackell. So he would walk in.

Konchesky v Roberts....... (Bearing in mind I like Roberts, he gets far too much stick, but come on, Konchesky wins that one) He did well for Forest.

Peltier wouldn't, Brayford is the better player, agreed. But I didn't say all of them would.

Schmeichel is perhaps the better keeper, but i'm very happy with Fielding.

I wasn't disagreeing with you about Sven, while being tactically bright I think he's a fairly poor manager really considering the jobs that hes had. But the idea that those wouldn't walk into our side currently worries me. Either you undervalue them, or over-value our side.

Weale

Peltier

Ball

Tunchev

St. Ledger

Berner

Dyer

Oakley

Abe

Moussa

Vassell

Waghorn

Gallagher

Howard

With that alone you should finish top 6. If you add a major threat like Maynard....

Dyer, Howard, Abe, Gallagher, St Ledger..... plenty of options and cover and quality.

Wellens is class, King looks to be on of those midfielders now that can dictate a game against any opponent at this level. Pantsil is a good signing also for any Champ club. Mills and Bamba should be rock solid. Konchesky really needs to settle down again.

Not sure about your keepers though. If Sven don't get you up then he needs shooting. Pearson nearly got you up with half that.

Archived