Russell Anderson turns down Aberdeen move

NothernRam

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that Brown spoke to him through the proper channels - wouldn't want him to be making an illegal approach (particularly as they are talking about asking FIFA/UEFA to make sure we pay the correct level of compensation for Maguire......)

I hope that Brown spoke to him through the proper channels - wouldn't want him to be making an illegal approach (particularly as they are talking about asking FIFA/UEFA to make sure we pay the correct level of compensation for Maguire......)

Would not be surprised if we were trying to use Anderson as part of the deal.

Good shout, I really can't see FIFA saying we need to pay as much as 400k TBH so what happens then? Egg on the face or do we pay the 400k but snigger amongst ourselves?

Fair play to him. Aberdeen would of offered him more than he's on now most likely, and after the terrible time he has had here with injuries he decides to stay, not many players show loyalty nowadays!

I think it's likely that he's earning far more at DCFC than Aberdeen could or would offer - so i see this as a money issue tbh not anything to do with loyalty. Unless we are talking loyalty to the bank account. Not that I am criticizing him for that - it's a profession after all.

Brown playing down interest in Rams defender

ABERDEEN manager Craig Brown has played down reports that he failed in a bid to take Derby County defender Russell Anderson back to Pittodrie.

Anderson began his career with the Dons and made more than 300 appearances for the club before joining Sunderland for £1m in 2007.

The 32-year-old has spent the past 18 months at Derby and has a year left to run on his current contract.

He endured an injury-plagued 2010-11 campaign and was restricted to four starts and seven substitute appearances for the first team.

Brown has been quoted north of the border as saying that he tried to persuade Anderson to return to Aberdeen.

However, the former Scotland boss insists that this was not the case.

"I know Russell well and I called him to ask about certain players that he'd played with or against," he said.

"We also spoke about how he was getting on at Derby, as you would expect.

"I would love to take him back but I know that won't happen right now.

"He is under contract with Derby and is enjoying his time there.

"It's annoying that this has turned into a failed bid to sign him, when it was nothing of the sort."

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Brown-playing-Rams-defender/article-3610855-detail/article.html

Does anyone have an idea as to the situation with Anderson, how is his reabilitation going ? and can we expect to see him taking part in pre season?.

i forget what was even wrong with him. hamstring groin strain or something? Anderson is the exact type of player i want to sit on the bench and only play when needed as he is a good defender and has excellent experience. only problem being is when we do need him he only last 45mins! if we got shackell we would then have quite a wealth and variety of experience in barker, shackell, anderson, miles, buxton and obrien (assuming leacock is off!)

Archived