Holidays.

SillyBilly

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just booked a week in Chapel St. Leonard's

Never been befrore, anyone any ideas if it's good bad or what? :)

Chapel is ok - for us though, having the kids, it's a bit quiet, not tons for them to do. Ingoldmells is better with the funfair, market (which I have to say has seen better days). The beach is good - and it's clean.

There's a good club on Robin Hood camp what's open to non-residents ( in Chapel) which have some good turns on and a bit of money bingo chucked in if you fancy a game. Bar bill's are not massive either. Shopping wise, obviously there are a few but if you walk round towards Chapel beach on Trunch Lane there's a big shop selling allsorts of wierd and wonderful stuff, it used to be called YabbaDabba Doo's. It's still there but it could have changed names now. The club opposite is also a decent evening out but I think you might have to pay for membership.

I would say Chapel is cleaner than Ingoldmells, probably because there's not millions descending on it every summer and the beach is very nice. The kids love the beach train which takes you inbetween Chapel & Ingoldmells for a couple of quid but the walk is nice too.

There's a Butlins right near Ingoldmells (didn't know if you knew) which is ok for a day but not everything is free once you get in. The swimming pool is good and there's a restaurant called The Yacht Club (if I remember right) which is worth a visit if you're in. There's also a funfair which isn't as good as it once was but for kids, you can't go wrong.

If you've got little kids/ grandkids, in Ingoldmells there's a place called Hardy's Animal Farm which our kids loved when they were younger, along with the usual seafish stalls, chippies, pubs and nick-nack shops.

Hope this helps and have a great time :)

Chapel is ok - for us though, having the kids, it's a bit quiet, not tons for them to do. Ingoldmells is better with the funfair, market (which I have to say has seen better days). The beach is good - and it's clean.

There's a good club on Robin Hood camp what's open to non-residents ( in Chapel) which have some good turns on and a bit of money bingo chucked in if you fancy a game. Bar bill's are not massive either. Shopping wise, obviously there are a few but if you walk round towards Chapel beach on Trunch Lane there's a big shop selling allsorts of wierd and wonderful stuff, it used to be called YabbaDabba Doo's. It's still there but it could have changed names now. The club opposite is also a decent evening out but I think you might have to pay for membership.

I would say Chapel is cleaner than Ingoldmells, probably because there's not millions descending on it every summer and the beach is very nice. The kids love the beach train which takes you inbetween Chapel & Ingoldmells for a couple of quid but the walk is nice too.

There's a Butlins right near Ingoldmells (didn't know if you knew) which is ok for a day but not everything is free once you get in. The swimming pool is good and there's a restaurant called The Yacht Club (if I remember right) which is worth a visit if you're in. There's also a funfair which isn't as good as it once was but for kids, you can't go wrong.

If you've got little kids/ grandkids, in Ingoldmells there's a place called Hardy's Animal Farm which our kids loved when they were younger, along with the usual seafish stalls, chippies, pubs and nick-nack shops.

Hope this helps and have a great time :)

Hey! Thanks Ladyram, just shown it Mrs Ram and she is impressed and looking forwards.

Its our first holiday in England for about 20 years (as we normally go abroad) but we just wanted somehwre near to travel to, and we have a Chalet booked on a quiet holiday park near the sea.

I like the sounds of the beach and train. For me I'll just need a pub,

Thanks Ladyram

The Ram xxx

Hey! Thanks Ladyram, just shown it Mrs Ram and she is impressed and looking forwards.

Its our first holiday in England for about 20 years (as we normally go abroad) but we just wanted somehwre near to travel to, and we have a Chalet booked on a quiet holiday park near the sea.

Thanks Ladyram

The Ram xxx

I hope there's no computer there, mate!

The Drunk Thread would be having fits! :D

Thanks Ladyram

The Ram xxx

Had a weekend in Chapel last autumn mate.

If you want peace and quiet then you got it. Very quiet, deathly quiet in fact! 2 or 3 reasonable pubs. We had the dog for walks on the beach but other than that, nowt to do much.

and its windy. :(

Had a weekend in Chapel last autumn mate.

If you want peace and quiet then you got it. Very quiet, deathly quiet in fact! 2 or 3 reasonable pubs. We had the dog for walks on the beach but other than that, nowt to do much.

and its windy. :(

Cheers mate we like it quiet

Please note - there is a space between Mrs and Ram, when The Ram is posting about his wife.

Just sayin.......:)

Thanks Ladyram

The Ram xxx

No probs! Let us know how you get on via the drunk thread :D

PS - Robin Hood camp might have changed it's name now, not sure if it was called Maid Marrion camp once upon a time.... - but it has a huge red and yellow facade and it's opposite the crazy golf. Can't miss it - but if you're in a drunken stupour :D, and you want to find it, just ask one of the locals.

Enjoy and have a fab hol!

Oh, one last thing, if you're going in a chalet, chuck a couple of extra duvets in the car before you go, cos they can be cold beggars!

Archived