Holidays.

SillyBilly

SillyBilly

Where is everyone off to this summer?

I'm thinking of going Thailand again, my wife hasn't been, certainly be different to the last time I went when I was 19 ;) Bit dubious about taking my 18 month old on a long haul flight though so not decided yet.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We off to Blackpool a week on Monday - got ourselves one o them ooober posh caravans. We're looking to buy one in the Autumn (not a £50k one though -I wish) and have it at Skeg Vegas.

In August we're doing our much planned and talked about countrywide theme park trek, which will take about 10 days.I can see it now, we'll be like the Griswold's crossing America in the car....

We off to Blackpool a week on Monday - got ourselves one o them ooober posh caravans. We're looking to buy one in the Autumn (not a £50k one though -I wish) and have it at Skeg Vegas.

In August we're doing our much planned and talked about countrywide theme park trek, which will take about 10 days.I can see it now, we'll be like the Griswold's crossing America in the car....

Best film ever!

Best film ever!

Yeah - agreed. Totally hilarious.

I might even break out into a chorus of Swing low, sweet charrioooot......:D

Hehehehe, no, but my brother looks a lot like Ed! And I'm taking a toy gun. so if Thorpe Park is shut - the security guard is getting it...:D

SillyBilly

Can't beat a hoilday in good ol' Blighty, my dad is on a personal mission to see off most of the covered locations on Coast (the programme). So much to see in this country of ours.

Ibiza in July for a week and then Tunisia for 10 days in September to see out the summer.

I've been to Ibiza before and know what to expect, it can be whatever you make of it.. but never been outside Europe so I don't really know what to expect, heard different reviews to be honest.. others rave and some moan, but that's life.

SillyBilly

I've been to Tunisia, not what I was expecting. Didn't like it, although I've been to lots of poverty striken places, Tunisia resonated with me the most. 2 mins off the tourist track and the people were beyond destitute. Maybe just my experience. Other than that it was very much like Turkey so never really feels out of Europe so to speak.

We've got our own van - not in skeg tho' - like to be a bit further out - don't buy one if you want to make money - buy one to use. It's like buying a car - you'll never make money on it.

Saying that - we rent our van out during the summer holidays and it pays for our rent.

We have some good times there, even out of season. Nice to go for New Year and although the club and stuff is closed, it's nice to just walk the dogs on the beach on new years day and be totally away from it all.

We're going to Cyprus in August, as well as the van this next bank holiday.

We've got our own van - not in skeg tho' - like to be a bit further out - don't buy one if you want to make money - buy one to use. It's like buying a car - you'll never make money on it.

Saying that - we rent our van out during the summer holidays and it pays for our rent.

We have some good times there, even out of season. Nice to go for New Year and although the club and stuff is closed, it's nice to just walk the dogs on the beach on new years day and be totally away from it all.

We're going to Cyprus in August, as well as the van this next bank holiday.

What are your rates?And please change your avi :p

I've been to Tunisia, not what I was expecting. Didn't like it, although I've been to lots of poverty striken places, Tunisia resonated with me the most. 2 mins off the tourist track and the people were beyond destitute. Maybe just my experience. Other than that it was very much like Turkey so never really feels out of Europe so to speak.

ahh, thanks for the input.. I was rather took in by the hotel and the reviews it got to be honest, might try a few touristy things, as long as I am blind drunk arguing with a local about how Derby County is the next big thing to come out of England at how Jamie Ward pisses over Lionel Messi on several levels, i'll have a great time!

It's in Yasmine Hammamet..

http://media.expedia.com/hotels/4000000/3630000/3625700/3625625/3625625_35_b

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297943-d316523-Reviews-Iberostar_Chich_Khan-Hammamet.html

was that near where you stopped by any chance?

Archived