Conor on target again

Val

Conor Doyle scored his second goal of the week against France in an Under 20 friendly. Earlier in the week he scored in the 3 - 3 draw and tonight in the 2 - 1 defeat. Could be someone to watch in the future as he continues to improve.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More and more impressed with him every time I see him. Definitely has the work rate and desire to do a job while he develops the rest of his game. Nice lad as well judging by twitter.

could he maybe the 20 goals players were looking for next season, i think maybe playing him alongside eatheir jamie ward or maybe callium ball when he gets the chance, or maybe even martin wayhorn,tyson. but i hope we could be a really attacking force next season but does anyone else think he could be used in centrel midfeild or down the wings.

no he is a striker

but he seems to be banging them in for his country at the moment i might it 6 goals in two games, thats not bad for young lad before season has even kicked off, could derby do a scouting mission in the states, if they can find another gem. but someone who can play first team someone with pace and power good touch and know were the net is.

thats what i mean and maybe getting some better players help him along, i do think this lad could be someone very spacail about him and i have a feeling in my bones he going to make a right impact next season, do ask my way i just do, but having better players will help and also jamie ward knows were the net is.

Lets all give a round of applause for the wonderful company that is GSE, without who we would not have the links in America, especially with the Derby county wolves, that provided the signing of this great prospect.

Criticism where its due, credit where its due.

I'm sure the slashers can't argue with this (though I'm sure they will :D)

He plays upfront for the reserves just Clough plays him wide in the 1 st team

Fair play, it was a good goal. Why wasn't he played up front for? We were desperate for a goalscorer last season and Clough played him wide or in midfield. Can't believe that! My opinion of Clough has just dropped another notch!

Lets all give a round of applause for the wonderful company that is GSE, without who we would not have the links in America, especially with the Derby county wolves, that provided the signing of this great prospect.

Criticism where its due, credit where its due.

I'm sure the slashers can't argue with this (though I'm sure they will :D)

To be honest I think the Rams have pulled their sponsership of the Derby County/Michigan Wolves......costs probably around $100,000 for two youth teams, per year?

Lots of players in the USA...but you have to remember the first criteria for ANY USA player is"do you have parents or grandparents with a European passport?" Without this criteria, you have to be a National team player to apply for a work visa in England.

Problem here is that the players lose interest in the game as they get a car, girlfriend and prepare for college......there is little left in the sport for the majority of kids. Colleges are now importing players to keep competititve. Connor is in the minority. By the way if he is anything like his dad, he will be a good one. Top player in the MISL Indoor League for years (which was top quality from 85-89, included Peter Ward, Jeff Bourne)....which was the only professional game during the years between the NASL and MLS outdoor Leagues.

RIP Frank Upton ...thanks for the service the older fans will remember him as one of the "hard" guys of his time.....didn't he own a small off license/ papershop in days gone by?

Archived