The Cox years

Saunders89

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cox's team would rip Billy and TBE's teams to pieces.

Those were the best years of my Derby following years.

Gregorys volley against Chelsea,if a Brazilian had scored it they'd still be showing it on tv.

Saunders volley at Highbury wasn't bad either

.....neither was this one

e4FRnNCRQdM

Anyone remember Mcminns debut,pretty sure it was a night match against Man U and came on as sub and scored a sublime goal?

Yes i do, it was against Man Utd in midweek, a wonder strike!, always remember Saint and Greavsie discussing it after, Greavsie loved Ted.

We forget how amazingly fast Dean Saunders was. Awesome

like lightening, not just pace but skill too, remember him turning Tony Adams inside out at Highbury?, he just wanted to score, i would go as far to say he was better than Lineker because he could score all types of goals where as Lineker (and he is an England legend who i love) mainly sniffed out goals a la Allan Clarke. Deano really did have it all, very underrated player and Rams legend, i hope Wrexham get promoted under him next season

I loved him after that magic moment.

Ted was just a fantastic person to have in your team, a joker, a con artist (kick the ball past the defender and run into them! lol), and one of the best crossers of a ball you'll see, it was gutting to see him miss the World Cup with Scotland, because he deserved a bigger stage.

The match I always remember Ted for is when we beat Spurs 3-1 at the BBG, Ted scoring twice.

Saunders, I lost count of the number of goals that he scored by outpacing someone in the final third and going one-on-one with the keeper.

The match I always remember Ted for is when we beat Spurs 3-1 at the BBG, Ted scoring twice.

Saunders, I lost count of the number of goals that he scored by outpacing someone in the final third and going one-on-one with the keeper.

And i remember people questioning how much we paid for him,oh the irony ;)

@ White Hart Lane, was there, chequered blue shirts and all!

^^ From memory, did we have much control over it? I seem to recall Fatty trying to put all his eggs in one basket and moving one of Oxford's prize assets to us as we had the better chance in the league.

Either way, Lawro should STFU. :cool:

Paul Goddard, genius.

I couldn't beleive it when we let him go.

Someone made a good point on the last page that us old ones have difficulty accepting the ***** of today, sometimes we come accross as just moaning for the sake of it, but yes it is very dificult when you've watched players like Bobby D who would've ran through a brick wall for the club, and you compare that to someoe like Pearson who bottles 90% of challenges.

Archived