Graduating

Perky1106

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aha! FM, i'm on 2009 version with Dorchester Town. In the Championship. My excuse is the Novelty gifts section of the economy is a bit quiet this time of year....much like every other section.

Nowt like a night on FM, a big bag of Chili Heatwave Doritos to polish off a PIZZA HUT pizza, and i like my beats on fast and the bass down low.

Just masterminded NAC Breda to their first Eredivisie title in 90 years, following it up with the Super Cup and League Cup. It's raining silverware.

Watch out Nigel, I have more credentials than you.

Just masterminded NAC Breda to their first Eredivisie title in 90 years, following it up with the Super Cup and League Cup. It's raining silverware.

Watch out Nigel, I have more credentials than you.

How many times you loaded? :D

That's a true indication of a managers credentials.

i don't cheat :D, if i lose i lose if i win i win, for instance in fm 07 got villa within 1 game of the title against my old team west brom, only needed a point, lost 1-0 in the 80th minute lost the title, and it was a player who i bought who scored against me, finished 6th in the next season and was sacked

Those games where you take non-league clubs to the PL on FM are just unrealistic and boring.. You're a football manager, not a magician.. Also it's good to swap around a few clubs, very rarely does a manager stay at a club longer than 3 years.

I had an amazing game a on FM 08. (The last one I played)

Yeading in Conference South.. Double promotion to the football league with the help of about 7 french imports.

During my 3rd year I moved to MK Dons, who I got relegated and was sacked.

My 4th year I went to Torquay and won them promotion through the playoffs out of League 2 in my second season (5th season)

My 6th season I jumped ship being in midtable to Ipswich.. After consolidating for 2 years as a midtable NPC club I won promotion in 2nd place in my 8th year.

After steering Ipswich away from the relegation zone early on in the season (I was around 13th) I took up the Bulgaria job as they were in their qualifying stages for the World Cup 2018. I left Ipswich to do this full time.

I qualified for The World Cup 2018 and had an amazing tournament, losing the semi-final to France 3-2. I came 3rd after beating Germany 2-1 afterwards. (10th season). For the start of the 11th season West Ham came calling, who had been relegated with a strong team. I accepted on a rolling 1 year deal. After buying 4 of my trusty Bulgarians I stormed the league, winning it with over 100 points.. My manager status now was bordering World Class.

For my 12th season I landed my dream job at Valencia.. I was there to stay, until the database crashed and my game was over before I could even get going. Still my best ever FM game!

Those games where you take non-league clubs to the PL on FM are just unrealistic and boring.. You're a football manager, not a magician.. Also it's good to swap around a few clubs, very rarely does a manager stay at a club longer than 3 years.

I had an amazing game a on FM 08. (The last one I played)

Yeading in Conference South.. Double promotion to the football league with the help of about 7 french imports.

During my 3rd year I moved to MK Dons, who I got relegated and was sacked.

My 4th year I went to Torquay and won them promotion through the playoffs out of League 2 in my second season (5th season)

My 6th season I jumped ship being in midtable to Ipswich.. After consolidating for 2 years as a midtable NPC club I won promotion in 2nd place in my 8th year.

After steering Ipswich away from the relegation zone early on in the season (I was around 13th) I took up the Bulgaria job as they were in their qualifying stages for the World Cup 2018. I left Ipswich to do this full time.

I qualified for The World Cup 2018 and had an amazing tournament, losing the semi-final to France 3-2. I came 3rd after beating Germany 2-1 afterwards. (10th season). For the start of the 11th season West Ham came calling, who had been relegated with a strong team. I accepted on a rolling 1 year deal. After buying 4 of my trusty Bulgarians I stormed the league, winning it with over 100 points.. My manager status now was bordering World Class.

For my 12th season I landed my dream job at Valencia.. I was there to stay, until the database crashed and my game was over before I could even get going. Still my best ever FM game!

No loyalty in the game, even on football manager. I cant leave the club i start with, everything i've built up there it doesnt seem the same when i take over another club.

No loyalty in the game, even on football manager. I cant leave the club i start with, everything i've built up there it doesnt seem the same when i take over another club.

Because it's realistic.. There isn't a manager out there in world football that could take Dorchester Town to the NPC. Unless you're dcfcdavecov..

Also football doesn't work like that.. You can't honestly just buy players from all over the globe, wait 5 years and then you'll have a world class team capable of winning everything.. If it was that easy teams would do it in real life.

I remember on one of the games, I think 08, Arsenal after 3 or 4 years were invincible, the likes of Merieda and Carlos Vela just destroyed everyone.. you just couldn't beat them.. And Man Utd slipped out of the top 4 with Alex Ferguson retiring.. This was generally the norm.. You can't honestly build a dynasty in 15 seasons with someone like Luton Town where after the 10th season you're challenging on all fronts with a 60k all seater stadium playing with world class players from Estonia and Costa Rica that you brought to the club when they were 16. It's just unrealistic and boring IMO

Just being my FM opinion, I haven't actually played the last 3 versions so maybe it has become more dificult and slighly more realistic.. However I get bored with being the same team, that's why I like to swap and swapping countries too.. Also it's great when you have connections with certain players and bring them accross from your previous clubs.. Like I did by brining in 4 of my Bulgarian players that helped me to a 3rd place in The World Cup.

I used to be apart of a FM Forum a few years ago and some of the stories were brilliant.. A guy did something like 18 seasons of just Non-League to League 1 football.. He never went higher as he kept getting sacked, he went through like 6 or 7 different clubs, was such a good read. There was also another guy who built up his managerial status then took a plunge, changing clubs going from Non-League to a short stint in The PL then failing and back down to Non-League again. (like Paul Ince for e.g.) Sounded brilliant.

Because it's realistic.. There isn't a manager out there in world football that could take Dorchester Town to the NPC. Unless you're dcfcdavecov..

Also football doesn't work like that.. You can't honestly just buy players from all over the globe, wait 5 years and then you'll have a world class team capable of winning everything.. If it was that easy teams would do it in real life.

I remember on one of the games, I think 08, Arsenal after 3 or 4 years were invincible, the likes of Merieda and Carlos Vela just destroyed everyone.. you just couldn't beat them.. And Man Utd slipped out of the top 4 with Alex Ferguson retiring.. This was generally the norm.. You can't honestly build a dynasty in 15 seasons with someone like Luton Town where after the 10th season you're challenging on all fronts with a 60k all seater stadium playing with world class players from Estonia and Costa Rica that you brought to the club when they were 16. It's just unrealistic and boring IMO

Just being my FM opinion, I haven't actually played the last 3 versions so maybe it has become more dificult and slighly more realistic.. However I get bored with being the same team, that's why I like to swap and swapping countries too.. Also it's great when you have connections with certain players and bring them accross from your previous clubs.. Like I did by brining in 4 of my Bulgarian players that helped me to a 3rd place in The World Cup.

I used to be apart of a FM Forum a few years ago and some of the stories were brilliant.. A guy did something like 18 seasons of just Non-League to League 1 football.. He never went higher as he kept getting sacked, he went through like 6 or 7 different clubs, was such a good read. There was also another guy who built up his managerial status then took a plunge, changing clubs going from Non-League to a short stint in The PL then failing and back down to Non-League again. (like Paul Ince for e.g.) Sounded brilliant.

You make it sound easy! Spent far too long scouting players etc....my wage budget is 25k a week and transfer budget is 200k. Stadium holds just under 7,000. Can't sign foreigners because the board won't let me scout abroad, and i couldn't get work permits anyway.

To be honest, it sounds like you think failing is fun.

You make it sound easy! Spent far too long scouting players etc....my wage budget is 25k a week and transfer budget is 200k. Stadium holds just under 7,000. Can't sign foreigners because the board won't let me scout abroad, and i couldn't get work permits anyway.

To be honest, it sounds like you think failing is fun.

If that's the truth, like it should be, it should be impossible to do what you did. I'm not calling calling you a liar, I'm backing up the claims that the game is totally unrealistic as a game like this is impossible.

There isn't a manager in world football that has a record like this.. You'd struggle to find a manager in world football that hasn't been sacked at one point in his career.

Failing makes the times you get it right feel so much better. Managers drive on from failure and try to learn from their mistakes. Honestly, I would find a game of taking Weymouth to The PL the most boring game in history but that's just my opinion.

It's only a game, so....................................

Put up a real good fight.

I'm gonna be

Snookering you tonight.

I'm famed for my aim, so

You'd better believe I'm right.

I'm gonna be

Snookering you, snookering you tonight.

BIG BREAK!

It's only a game, so....................................

Put up a real good fight.

I'm gonna be

Snookering you tonight.

I'm famed for my aim, so

You'd better believe I'm right.

I'm gonna be

Snookering you, snookering you tonight.

BIG BREAK!

Beautiful lyrics.<3

Archived