Graduating

Perky1106

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SillyBilly

Just go with the flow, I was crapping myself when I graduated because I had no idea what I wanted to do and nothing whatsoever lined up. Go back home, work some crap jobs, get some experience, do abit of travelling and it'll come to you. I did that, ended up getting a standard graduate job which 6 months down the line paid for me to do a doctorate as I worked. The opportunities sometimes just present themselves to you, don't worry about it mate, you're young. Let us know how you get along. Good luck.

Just go with the flow, I was crapping myself when I graduated because I had no idea what I wanted to do and nothing whatsoever lined up. Go back home, work some crap jobs, get some experience, do abit of travelling and it'll come to you. I did that, ended up getting a standard graduate job which 6 months down the line paid for me to do a doctorate as I worked. The opportunities sometimes just present themselves to you, don't worry about it mate, you're young. Let us know how you get along. Good luck.

Cheers for the reassurance. :D Yeh that's the position I'm in at the moment. I'm looking at jobs on the internet with no idea which one I should go for. I am going to see what the world throws at me. I just need to find any part-time work before the savings run dry. I'm looking forward to the next year of still not being tied to anything.

SillyBilly

Yeah, good plan. I'd recommend doing internships abroad, they pay crap money but it is enough to live on and its 12 months effectively dossing in a different country whilst you decide what you want to commit to. I know a fair few who have done similar. There are some really good internships in the USA which would be a good place to go imo.

I got lucky and managed to get a job before getting my degree (woke up at 2pm hungover and rough as a badgers arse). Decided to apply for a job while ordering my hangover Dominos, had Dominos in bed and fell back asleep and got a call later that day for an interview.

Got the job and im still here :)

Domino's is for common plebs, i like to pay full value for my pizza, sit down and eat it with a knife and fork with an expensive bottle of beer.

nah dominoes is fine, if you want some rubbish get a large dominoes with a big glass of coke in bed with a dvd.

Archived