Leacock on His way?

Sheep<3

Do we know he hasn't been? Doubt the club would publicise this if they didn't have to, DET pretty much only prints what the club wants them to, so I don't think we'd necessarily know. If we're looking to get rid, it's not the sort of publicity we want is it?

Yes I agree with what you are saying, but I would think it would be an on going monthly/weekly fine, so I think he would do something about it.

Have you seen him in the ressers then?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leacock.....simply put...a footballer who by the grace of god has some talent...or been in the right place at the right time...its a fine line....but who IMO has a head bigger than the god given talent....end of.

Have you ever met him?

Then there is Commons, Moxey, Kuqi and Cwyka who have all had problems with Clough - they can't all have a bad attitude or be poor trainers, can they?

Commons and Kuqi is news to me tbh, they were our two best players when we were on that good run, so he must have been getting something out of them. I'm not especially concerned to be honest, Nigel must be as frustrated as most of us have been, having to cut the wage budget so much, hopefully we'll see a new side to Nigel now he's actually getting some money to spend.

SillyBilly

I've met Leacock whilst he was out shopping in Derby. Top bloke who came across as very humble. Thanks for his services, if its time for him to move on then best of luck to him. Had some highs and lows at Derby and I'm sure he'd agree he has not been at his best the last season or two. Perhaps he needs a fresh start elsewhere.

Yes I agree with what you are saying, but I would think it would be an on going monthly/weekly fine, so I think he would do something about it.

Have you seen him in the ressers then?

Yeah, true, and I haven't seen him recently, so he might not be quite as stocky as he was last season :p

Nope, this is from the few games I've actually seen him play for the first team and a couple of friendlies, so I might be being a bit unfair, but even League One Huddersfield weren't impressed with him earlier this season: http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=226801#ixzz19zdgojmr

Yeah, true, and I haven't seen him recently, so he might not be quite as stocky as he was last season :p

Nope, this is from the few games I've actually seen him play for the first team and a couple of friendlies, so I might be being a bit unfair, but even League One Huddersfield weren't impressed with him earlier this season: http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=226801#ixzz19zdgojmr

Well, if you get "farmed" out to another club you either take the opportunity to play games, or just turn up to training every day. I think he took the latter option. But, what do I know? He got Player of the Year at Norwich. (they went down)

Leacock, Pearson, Porter, Anderson

The guys who we just cannot rely on to be fully fit and pull their weight. I don't blame Clough for moving them on, I would. Buxton had better be fully fit for next season or he can go as well

I banged my head yesterday and put butter on it before I went to bed, when I woke up I had a greasy mark on the pillow

Well, if you get "farmed" out to another club you either take the opportunity to play games, or just turn up to training every day. I think he took the latter option. But, what do I know? He got Player of the Year at Norwich. (they went down)

I was really excited when we signed him, thought he'd be a top player, but sometimes it just doesn't work out, I guess.

Anyway, Leacock, I used to think he was a far too complacent on the pitch (I'm sure he's a very nice bloke before people point out that I've not met him).

It will be sad to see Leacock go but I think his time is up, can he be an important player for us in the future.. I don't think so, he would only be a bit part player and his wage is too large for that. He has been injured a lot but I don't tend to look to much into that since players go in and out of injury regularly in the modern game.

It's a difficult job to find him a new club, I think he could end up at Palace, or perhaps even Forest. I know Billy Davies rated him highly.

the last time leacock played at pride park he didn't seem to interested tbh, i think he has known he will be gone for a while, same with bywater. Shame really as i like both players and both can do a good job, certainly better than anderson or buxton.

I would argue with Buxton to be honest, I genuinely believe hand on heart if Buxton was quicker he'd be one of the best defenders outside the premiership. He has such a lack of speed it's so disappointing but in terms of what a championship defender needs to have I would prefer Buxton to Leacock, wins more headers and more likely to put his foot in where it hurts, also think it gets looked over that Buxton is a genuinely good footballer, on many occasions last season I saw him get the ball down and spread it out to the wingers.

I really like Leacock, I think that Forest away game has been the end of him. Not just the performance, the lack of effort from him in such a key game, regardless of where he was played.

A shame to see him go, but his wages are no doubt high and if we can exchange his wages for a defender who will perform more concistently than fair enough.

If Riggot does indeed sign and Leacock goes though, not sure i'd be too pleased with that arrangement. Having said that, i'm not the manager so I don't know what goes on behind the scenes (arguments between him and Clough etc)

the last time leacock played at pride park he didn't seem to interested tbh, i think he has known he will be gone for a while, same with bywater. Shame really as i like both players and both can do a good job, certainly better than anderson or buxton.

Would rather have Fielding between the sticks than Bywater.

I believe Riggott has more potential, but certainly more injury worries to go on top.

I think Riggott will be on around 5-6 thousand less a week, to do the same job more than likely at the same level if not at a higher standard. It makes sense to me, Leacock will be on of our highest earners so for me, if he isn't going to be a regular then we need to get rid... not only does it waste money but also makes other players in the team pissy about what money they get.

I would argue with Buxton to be honest, I genuinely believe hand on heart if Buxton was quicker he'd be one of the best defenders outside the premiership. He has such a lack of speed it's so disappointing but in terms of what a championship defender needs to have I would prefer Buxton to Leacock, wins more headers and more likely to put his foot in where it hurts, also think it gets looked over that Buxton is a genuinely good footballer, on many occasions last season I saw him get the ball down and spread it out to the wingers.

buxton has heart but that is it for me, no quality and a liability at times when played. Leacock can pass better, has better awareness and can lead better and make better decisions for the majority of the time.

Would rather have Fielding between the sticks than Bywater.

for the moment yes, however bywater was excellent when he was first here for a couple of seasons, just dropped off this year particularly. When fielding is 2-3 years in i will see what everyone says about him then.

Archived