The forum keeps logging me out?

Day

If this is happening to you then you will need to clear your browser cookies for this site.

Firefox 3, 4

Tools > Options > Privacy > Remove individual cookies

Search for dcfcfans.co.uk and remove them all, there will be around 6 or 7. Once you have done this log back in and tick the stay logged in checkbox. If you receive an error saying you cannot login until cookies are accepted just go back to the homepage and login again.

Google Chrome

Spanner > Under the Hood > Content Settings > All Cookies and Site Data

Search for dcfcfans.co.uk and remove them all, there will be around 6 or 7. Once you have done this log back in and tick the stay logged in checkbox. If you receive an error saying you cannot login until cookies are accepted just go back to the homepage and login again.

Internet Explorer

Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete

Tick both "Preserve Favourites Website Data" & "Cookies", uncheck the rest and click delete. Once you have done this log back in and tick the stay logged in checkbox. If you receive an error saying you cannot login until cookies are accepted just go back to the homepage and login again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does seem to have fixed the problem. :)

Yup will do, what it is websites plant a cookie in your browser so the next time you arrive at that site it will remember your preferences, say you visit a site that requires age verification, or login details on a forum. You would of had 2 lots of cookies from 2 different forums on 1 domain, this would of made your browser have a hissy fit.

Yup will do, what it is websites plant a cookie in your browser so the next time you arrive at that site it will remember your preferences, say you visit a site that requires age verification, or login details on a forum. You would of had 2 lots of cookies from 2 different forums on 1 domain, this would of made your browser have a hissy fit.

Haha, for the record I do IT. ;)

• 1 month later...

i've recently started having trouble....being logged out everytime i click anything on this forum e.g. whats new, forums, alerts....anything

i think i've found the source of the trouble......

tools/internet options/browsing history/settings/temporary internet files/check for newer versions of stored pages

if the radio button is selected for 'everytime i visit the web page' it logs me out every time.

so i've now selected never and it seems to have fixed it.....

any thoughts?

Archived