Phil Brown - "I would have shot the plane down".

Sir Me

http://images.clicklancashire.com/admin/article/articleimages/1304786360-3784835787

Preston North End boss Phil Brown said he wanted to “shoot down†a plane displaying gloating messages about his club’s relegation from the Championship.

More than 10,000 fans looked on as the light aircraft appeared over Deepdale stadium trailing a banner purportedly from rival Blackpool FC fans reading: “We are superior love Blackpool FC.â€

Later in the match, the plane reappeared with another banner saying: “Poor little Preston enjoy League One.â€

After the match, an angry Phil Brown fumed: “Seriously if I had a gun I would have shot the plane down. Arrest me now if you want. I found it very distasteful.â€

One fan who witnessed the stunt said the light aircraft circled the stadium for a number of minutes before the match and returned around half time.

News of the stunt soon spread around internet message boards and supporters’ groups and fans which have labelled the move “childishâ€.

Fan Nick Henderson at the Withy Trees pub, in Lytham Road, Fulwood, which is popular with PNE fans, said: “A silly stunt like that won’t do relations between the fans any good - it will just stoke up the rivalry more than ever.â€

Another fan, who witnessed the stunt on Saturday afternoon, said: “It’s outrageous.â€

Hilarious or a waste of money? Maybe we should do the same when Florist lose in the play offs....

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that is hilarious but maybe Blackpool will be looking a bit sheepish if a plane appears at their final game in the Prem-maybe not so funny the other way around! Still, I feel sorry for Phil Brown but PNE can F**k right off! I wonder if Billy shed a tear and wished he was in the play offs with them again? Also I wonder if Mawane has finally realised that he was right when he said that PNE were a team going places- shame he didn't stop and think where that may have been.......:rolleyes:

Blackpool caught up in their own hype?

Adam for £30m? Holloway "refreshing and hilarious"?

Give it 3 years and everyone will have forgotten them again. Until November or whenever it is they switch on those lights.

Crap club.

Watch their fans faces when Adam is kissing a Liverpool badge instead of a Blackpool one. If those fans still turn up outside the Premiership.

I reckon the next time they play Preston will be in about 2 years. In League 1.

Blackpool prank Preston again:

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/PNECRISIS-pne-crisis-countdown-blackpool-preston

Blackpool fan's Countdown prank leaves Preston North End red-faced

Blackpool fans took a 2-0 lead in the prank stakes over their Lancashire rivals Preston North End, with a devious stunt on TV show Countdown.

The afternoon game show, popular among the elderly and students, revealed the famous Countdown conundrum anagram that cheekily spelled out ‘PNE CRISIS’ to the despair of recently relegated Preston fans.

But unlike previous bloopers which have accidentally appeared on the show, this was no coincidence, as one of the back-room bods was revealed to be a massive Tangerine fan.

A Channel 4 spokesman said: ‘One of the members of the production team is a life-long Blackpool fan and it was intended to be friendly banter, all done in good humour.’

There has been a series of back-and-forth jibes between the two clubs, most recently when a Seasiders fan flew a plane of Preston’s Deepdale ground with a banner hanging off the back that read: ‘We are superior. Love Blackpool FC.’

The answer to the prankster's conundrum was 'Priciness'.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/863085-blackpool-fans-countdown-prank-leaves-preston-north-end-red-faced

Blackpool prank Preston again:

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/PNECRISIS-pne-crisis-countdown-blackpool-preston

Blackpool fan's Countdown prank leaves Preston North End red-faced

Blackpool fans took a 2-0 lead in the prank stakes over their Lancashire rivals Preston North End, with a devious stunt on TV show Countdown.

The afternoon game show, popular among the elderly and students, revealed the famous Countdown conundrum anagram that cheekily spelled out ‘PNE CRISIS’ to the despair of recently relegated Preston fans.

But unlike previous bloopers which have accidentally appeared on the show, this was no coincidence, as one of the back-room bods was revealed to be a massive Tangerine fan.

A Channel 4 spokesman said: ‘One of the members of the production team is a life-long Blackpool fan and it was intended to be friendly banter, all done in good humour.’

There has been a series of back-and-forth jibes between the two clubs, most recently when a Seasiders fan flew a plane of Preston’s Deepdale ground with a banner hanging off the back that read: ‘We are superior. Love Blackpool FC.’

The answer to the prankster's conundrum was 'Priciness'.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/863085-blackpool-fans-countdown-prank-leaves-preston-north-end-red-faced

bit of a ***** one really, I probably wouldn't even have noticed what it said. I don't know why they are gloating that much, Blackpool are going down as well

Blackpool banner taunting Preston North End to be investigated by CAA

• Plane flew low over Deepdale to mock rival fans

• Phil Brown said he wanted to 'shoot it down'

The jape which saw a plane fly over Deepdale to taunt Preston North End's fans about their relegation from the Championship is to be investigated by the Civil Aviation Authority.

The Blackpool supporters' stunt is to be examined to determine whether the low-flying plane breached regulations. The aircraft trailed two banners over the ground, reading: "Poor little Preston enjoy League One" and "We are superior love Blackpool FC."

After the match, North End's manager, Phil Brown, said the mockery was "distasteful" and "if I had a gun I would have shot the plane down". A spokesman for the CAA told the Lancashire Evening Post: "Rules about flying aircraft over built-up areas are very clear, and we are investigating whether any infringements were committed. An aircraft cannot fly over a built up area below 1,000ft. We are currently looking at the pictures to make an assessment.

"Our legal enforcement team will look into it, and if an infringement is believed to have been made, the issue will be taken up through the courts and the pilot behind it could be prosecuted."

The prank was believed to be revenge for one played on the Seasiders' last year. North End fans hung a banner on a bridge on the M55, saying "forever in our shadow" when Blackpool travelled to Wembley for their Championship play-off final match against Cardiff.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/09/blackpoolpreston-banner-taunt-caa

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2011/5/16/1305542576542/Manchester-United-fans-007

Manchester United fans unveil their banner in the Anfield Road End on Sunday. Photograph: David Buxton

Manchester United fans attempting to ensure maximum enjoyment is wrung out of the club's record-breaking 19th title took their cause to Anfield on Sunday, unveiling a banner inside the ground before the Reds' game against Spurs.

United clinched their landmark 19th title on Saturday, finally eclipsing Liverpool's total of 18, and the club's supporters went to great lengths to ensure those at Anfield were fully aware of that fact.

As Liverpool fans began their customary chorus of You'll Never Walk Alone, United fans, organised by the Red Issue fanzine, unveiled a banner emblazoned with the words "MUFC 19 TIMES" in the Anfield Road End of the ground.

Those responsible had a getaway car waiting outside the ground, plus fellow conspirators in the adjoining stand in order to get photographic evidence.

The banner-baiting between the clubs has a long history, with Liverpool fans' now famous "Come Back When You Have Won 18" banner kicking things off in 1994. United fans responded to that after clinching their 18th title in 2008-09 and have now added another chapter to the ongoing rivalry.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/16/manchester-united-19-times-banner-anfield

Archived