Red Dogs Accounts

G STAR RAM

Decided to get a copy of the red dogs accounts today just to compare to ours and see if there situation really is as bad as people say.

They didn't disappoint!

Few points that I noted:-

Turnover excluding tv money DCFC approx £14million NFFC approx £10million

Wages including directors DCFC £16.4million NFFC £15.6million

Highest paid director DCFC £326k NFFC £186k

Loss for year DCFC £2million NFFC £12million

Nigel Doughty owed £62million (on which he has charged £9million interest to date) and it is repayable 31 May 2013.

Nottingham City Council owed £1million of a loan which NFFC were made to take out as part of the lease of the ground.

Basically put they are in a real financial mess.

Another point, they spent £7million on players in the season and still failed to get promoted. Maybe goes to show that it is not about how much you spend but the quality of the players you attract!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decided to get a copy of the red dogs accounts today just to compare to ours and see if there situation really is as bad as people say.

They didn't disappoint!

Few points that I noted:-

Turnover excluding tv money DCFC approx £14million NFFC approx £10million

Wages including directors DCFC £16.4million NFFC £15.6million

Highest paid director DCFC £326k NFFC £186k

Loss for year DCFC £2million NFFC £12million

Nigel Doughty owed £62million (on which he has charged £9million interest to date) and it is repayable 31 May 2013.

Nottingham City Council owed £1million of a loan which NFFC were made to take out as part of the lease of the ground.

Basically put they are in a real financial mess.

Another point, they spent £7million on players in the season and still failed to get promoted. Maybe goes to show that it is not about how much you spend but the quality of the players you attract!

nice work if you can get it !!

nice work if you can get it !!

Still lower than what Adam Pearson was being paid!

I am actually surprised that it is so low.

Not got anything to back up this statement but I would be very surprised if some directors in our division are not paid in excess of £1million

£7m spent on players this season??? Hmmm...we signed Majewski up to a permanent contract and then had a few loans in but its basically the same squad as last season! :confused:

If we were in that dire a mess then there's no way we'd have shelled out 1.5m on upgrading our academy and we certainly wouldn't have turned down the 5m bid from Arsenal for our up and coming 17yr old CB Jamaal Lascelles. I think you'll find Nigel Doughty set out his plan that would mean we could operate at a designated loss per season and promotion to the Prem will recoup those losses plus leave a bit extra, obviously the promotion bit is the tricky part lol! :)

£7m spent on players this season??? Hmmm...we signed Majewski up to a permanent contract and then had a few loans in but its basically the same squad as last season! :confused:

If we were in that dire a mess then there's no way we'd have shelled out 1.5m on upgrading our academy and we certainly wouldn't have turned down the 5m bid from Arsenal for our up and coming 17yr old CB Jamaal Lascelles. I think you'll find Nigel Doughty set out his plan that would mean we could operate at a designated loss per season and promotion to the Prem will recoup those losses plus leave a bit extra, obviously the promotion bit is the tricky part lol! :)

The last set of accounts available was for the year ended 31 May 2010, so pretty much the season you lost to Blackpool in playoffs.

Names your signings as Camp, Anderson, Gunter, Lynch, Blackstock, McGoldrick, McKenna, Adebola and Majewski (May 2010).

It also states that your wage bill is 106% of your turnover!

If all the rest of your post is to believed why is it stated in the accounts that the £62million loan is due for repayment on 31 May 2013 (was originally 2012 but he has deferred it one year)?

Unfortunately as we found out whilst Premier League brings riches it also brings along big wages! We have certainly not cleared £62million from our brief stint.

Interestingly Doughty pumped £13.4million of his own money into the club in the year in question and some of your fans still call him! Maybe he has decided enough is enough?

it would be interesting to collate the amount of money they have "invested" since billy big balls went there and compare it to the balance sheet of each season- I am sure it would make very interesting reading!

Also I am sure that Red dogs were on the old forum last season saying that the money from Doughty wasn't a loan and that he would never ask for it back- someone is lying or mis-informed. It seams to me that they are quite a long way up **** creek and the fans pissing off the chairman by calling for yet more money is only going to lead to the loss of the paddle and tears (of Laughter in Derby).

Why would Doughty might not ask for it back when he is taking interest on it. He will want it if he sells up though.

It was originally due for repayment on 31 May 2012 but he has deferred it until 31 May 2013, not sure if he is doing this every year as it is the first time I have seen their accounts.

As far as I can see unless they get promoted they are stuck in a big rut.

To buy Forest is going to cost an investor £60 to £70 million to clear the loan, £30 to £40 million for a ground and this is before any profit Doughty wants and any additional funds required for the playing side.

it would be interesting to collate the amount of money they have "invested" since billy big balls went there and compare it to the balance sheet of each season- I am sure it would make very interesting reading!

Also I am sure that Red dogs were on the old forum last season saying that the money from Doughty wasn't a loan and that he would never ask for it back- someone is lying or mis-informed. It seams to me that they are quite a long way up **** creek and the fans pissing off the chairman by calling for yet more money is only going to lead to the loss of the paddle and tears (of Laughter in Derby).

One thing I noticed from the accounts was that ND had to put in £13million of his own money in the year in question and all Billy had managed to do was to spend £7million on players and push wages up to 106% of turnover!

I imagine their turnover will be down this year due to the quality of performances, consequently it appears there is no more money available for transfers!

Something will have to give sooner or later and I imagine with over £60million invested in the club it will not be ND that is walking away.

Interesting to see their turnover is considerably less than ours. I'm sure they say half our ground is on free tickets and we only have 14,000 paying fans....obviously not.

But i think they might!!

It's impossible to tell.

It does actually look like their ticket income is some £800k higher than ours but ou sponsorship and advertising income is £1.4million higher than theirs.

Its not really possible to prove or disprove the argument. Derby's accounts specifically state 'match receipts'whereas Forest have a heading called 'football income' and it is not made clear what is included in that category.

So what could come under "football income"

Programme sales?

Food?

That sort of thing?

Really not sure, I think it relates purely to ticket sales but that is just my guess. The other categories they have are:-

Matchday hospitality, events and catering - £1.3million

TV, radio and internet - £4.2million

Sponsorship, royalties and advertising - £0.8million

Merchandising - £1.1million

Hmmmm, we averaged 5,500 more that season. Yet tickets income is 800k less than theirs.

Interesting.....do some of our season tickets come under sponsorship because of the phone deals?

I thought about that, may be possible but nothing to confirm that in the accounts.

Archived