Away games

Cisse

What is your favourite away game. Where is the best home crowd and the nicest stadion ? The reason why I`m asking this is that I would like to see Derby in away game some time and trying to figure out where to go. I`d rather a place where they won`t kill me once they notice that I`m not local.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Palace is always a good one. Characterful ground, decent home fans. Also Millwall is nowhere near as bad as some make out, and there are some cracking pubs 'round London Bridge. Brighton should be good next season as well.

What is your favourite away game. Where is the best home crowd and the nicest stadion ? The reason why I`m asking this is that I would like to see Derby in away game some time and trying to figure out where to go. I`d rather a place where they won`t kill me once they notice that I`m not local.

Where you travelling from?

I have a friend who supports Villa and last september while we were at Derby we went to see Wolves - Villa. It was pretty scary with all the police, helicopters and such. We then decided that it might be better if we don`t push our luck and visit Millwall.

I have a friend who supports Villa and last september while we were at Derby we went to see Wolves - Villa. It was pretty scary with all the police, helicopters and such. We then decided that it might be better if we don`t push our luck and visit Millwall.

I suggest you don't go to Forest or Leeds then, I don't class them as anywhere near scary but police are out in force. Leeds away this season got a little violent as well, was fecking buzzing though

Depends what you want really, drinking before the game? sit down or stand up? get involved with singing or watch the game quietly? not too far to travel from Derby or not bothered?

I suggest you don't go to Forest or Leeds then, I don't class them as anywhere near scary but police are out in force. Leeds away this season got a little violent as well, was fecking buzzing though

I don`t mind the police, actually we made sure we were really close them all the time. After the match which Villa had won there was naturally some hostile activity at the Wolverhampton train station. The police were very quick to respond and made us feel as safe that was possible in those circumstances. Still it was an experience for us since in our local football matches it`s like you were in church. Not much happening.

I don`t mind the police, actually we made sure we were really close them all the time. After the match which Villa had won there was naturally some hostile activity at the Wolverhampton train station. The police were very quick to respond and made us feel as safe that was possible in those circumstances. Still it was an experience for us since in our local football matches it`s like you were in church. Not much happening.

The chances of anything actually happening at football nowadays is very little, Leeds was a real one off for me and nothing really happened there. Any match that you choose to go to will be fairly secure, I suggest you go to Forest. You will be able to get a ticket, if you buy a platinum membership (£25) and the atmosphere will far outweigh other away games

Depends what you want really, drinking before the game? sit down or stand up? get involved with singing or watch the game quietly? not too far to travel from Derby or not bothered?

I will probably travel with my friend and what we expect from match is good atmosphere, noisy supporters for both teams, to see new stadions and a Derby win. If the trip to away game costs less than 30 pounds it is a plus but not a deal breaker if the trip is worth more. The thirty does not include the match ticket.

The chances of anything actually happening at football nowadays is very little, Leeds was a real one off for me and nothing really happened there. Any match that you choose to go to will be fairly secure, I suggest you go to Forest. You will be able to get a ticket, if you buy a platinum membership (£25) and the atmosphere will far outweigh other away games

If we lose there I will be crushed and my whole trip would be a disaster. It is a tempting match though.

My favourite away games that I've ever been to are Rotherham, Gillingham and Sheff Wed.

Especially Gillingham as it was on my birthday and I went with my Dad, we won 2-0 and ended up standing up for the whole game in the rain. (the away end isn't shelterted as it's a fold-out stand).

In the NPC its despressing. The stadums all look the same. Swansea, Boro, Reading, Leicester, Coventry, Cardiff, Brighton, Soton, Doncaster, Hull all have souless bowl type stadiums with similar designs to Pride Park.

The yorkshire teams are usually the best away games. Pity both Sheffield clubs are in League 1.

My favourite away games that I've ever been to are Rotherham, Gillingham and Sheff Wed.

Especially Gillingham as it was on my birthday and I went with my Dad, we won 2-0 and ended up standing up for the whole game in the rain. (the away end isn't shelterted as it's a fold-out stand).

In the NPC its despressing. The stadums all look the same. Swansea, Boro, Reading, Leicester, Coventry, Cardiff, Brighton, Soton, Doncaster, Hull all have souless bowl type stadiums with similar designs to Pride Park.

The yorkshire teams are usually the best away games. Pity both Sheffield clubs are in League 1.

Think i was at that game, play off season under Burley? Huddlestone possibly scored?

Archived