Billy Sharp and James Coppinger

Ambitious

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sharp is worth about 2 million as he is an excellent goalscorer.

I don't think we should be spending £2m on one player whilst we are in this league, lets up the spending when we are back in the Premiership

I don't think we should be spending £2m on one player whilst we are in this league, lets up the spending when we are back in the Premiership
You can not do that, it is doomed to failure,you have to have a nucleus of a Premier team when promoted, to start from scratch is an impossibility.

You can not do that, it is doomed to failure,you have to have a nucleus of a Premier team when promoted, to start from scratch is an impossibility.

Totally 100% agree with you Smiffy and I think that's a first (love the avatar by the way - very cute)

But how is it financially viable to spend millions on players in this league and risk not getting promoted? We would be back to square one with our debt situation and players would be on too much money. If we actually buy the right players in the summer when getting promotion then we could have a good crack at it.

Plus would you happily spend £2m+ on one player whos never played a Premiership game for a team which is a nucleus of a Prem team

Sharp will cost any interested party £2.5m and would have to be sanctioned for sale by the two directors who funded his purchase, so basically he's going nowhere. Coppinger won virtually every award at Rovers end of season bash; goal of the season, player of the season, best boots of the season etc, so he would be right up Clough's street. There's more chance of Coppinger moving on than Sharp due to the high value being placed on him. Rovers do have to plug a £3m shortfall each season but have generous wealthy benefactors rather than investors, therefore they don't have to sell.

Interesting rumour but it is exactly that I'm affraid.

• 4 weeks later...

Lets stop pissing about, and go get Billy Sharp.

Clough will have to swallow his pride after his alleged comments about last seasons transfer price to Donny.

Get him, we know he's a good player, they know he's a good player, HE'S WHAT WE NEED!

Spend the cash, you never know where we may end up.

Rant over.

I think that everyone should form a queue, from the ticket office to Maccy D's, demanding a refund at about 2.00pm when we play the Brummys. Say unless a 2 million bid goes in for Sharp then the season tickets are going back....and all refunds are to be in cash.

Archived