El Classico....Champions league Semi Final

froggg

diving. Fouling is a tactic used by Madrid, very effective at times, there not trying to trick the ref. Barcelona are

If you're making a conscious decision to foul someone, that's exactly the same as diving because they're both attempting to break the rules for your own benefit. The only difference is that using fouling as a tactic quite clearly shows that your team aren't good enough at football to stop the other side, which Real clearly aren't.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so Barcelona dominate blah blah blah? Yet again they fail to win against 11 men. and Mascherano!!! Wrong Vegas, that's what Barcelona players do, Messi included.

Not really sure on your angle here..

Barca 5-0 Real.

Barca 1-1 Real

Real 1-0 Barca

Real 0-2 Barca

Real 1-1 Barca

I make that 2 wins 2 draws and 1 defeat in extra time for Barca. With a league and Champions League final to show for their efforts.

Macherano dived once, trying to con the ref, he's done that all his career. Real constantly fouled Barca during the game, 95% of them were genuine fouls. Carvalho was lucky not to be sent off, Diarra in the second half got abit aggrivated too.

Messi didn't dive once, he was constantly fouled during the game.

So to conclude? Barca are better. Proof. CL final + league winners plus a better head to head record with Real Madrid.

If you're making a conscious decision to foul someone, that's exactly the same as diving because they're both attempting to break the rules for your own benefit. The only difference is that using fouling as a tactic quite clearly shows that your team aren't good enough at football to stop the other side, which Real clearly aren't.

Diving is a lot worse than fouling. As I've already said one is trying to trick the referee, the other is not. I see no problem in giving Messi a good kick, to be honest I don't really see a problem in diving either but I dislike Barcelona so I'm going to use everything available to me in my argument. Mascherano was just ridiculous though, a good dive is acceptable.

May I ask what makes Barcelona more abhorrent than Real?

I just dislike the whole football club. I dislike the whole "bigger than a club" thing, reminds me of Celtic. I dislike Messi, Guardiola, Puyol, Pique, Alves. Come to think of it, there isn't really a Barcelona player that I like. I also love Mourinho, one of two sporting heroes.

I just dislike the whole football club. I dislike the whole "bigger than a club" thing, reminds me of Celtic. I dislike Messi, Guardiola, Puyol, Pique, Alves. Come to think of it, there isn't really a Barcelona player that I like. I also love Mourinho, one of two sporting heroes.

Can you elaborate on this please?

Also what is there to dislike about these players? Puyol and Alves I can understand, ALves in particular can grate on people and Puyol just for the fact he'll run through a brickwall for Barca. He's like John Terry or Gary Neville. Barca or nothing. As for Messi, Pique and Guardiola? Why?

But surely any club is "bigger than a club" due to what it means to those who follow them, I see Derby as more than just a club. I really don't like either side that much but I wouldn't be able to root for Real over Barca due to their supposed deep rooted fascist connections and their worrying lack of action against racist chanting.

And how is it possible to dislike Messi? Just look at his lovely little face!!!

Can you elaborate on this please?

Also what is there to dislike about these players? Puyol and Alves I can understand, ALves in particular can grate on people and Puyol just for the fact he'll run through a brickwall for Barca. He's like John Terry or Gary Neville. Barca or nothing. As for Messi, Pique and Guardiola? Why?

They think of themselves as far greater than a football club, thus looking down on all others. I like arrogance (Mourinho) but there's is definitely misplaced. I also hate how everyone loves them, luckily their antics in the two games against Madrid have seemed to turn a few more people against them (where I am at least). Celtic have the same problem, think they are so much better than everyone else, and simply put, there not.

It's an inherent dislike, a few of them I can't explain. Pique - I think he's absolutely rubbish, that's probably it.

Messi - I think he's overrated, he's very good but teams need to foul him more often.

Guardiola - overrated again, people that say he is the best manager in the world are simply ridiculous

Messi - I think he's overrated, he's very good but teams need to foul him more often.

That literally makes no sense at all as a sentence. He is the best player in the world. There can be no doubt about this.

Guardiola - overrated again, people that say he is the best manager in the world are simply ridiculous

His managerial career has been damn near flawless.

Pique - I think he's absolutely rubbish

Has won every trophy it's possible to win.

Barcelona's 'antics' have been no better or worse than Real's.

That literally makes no sense at all as a sentence. He is the best player in the world. There can be no doubt about this.

His managerial career has been damn near flawless.

Pique - I think he's absolutely rubbish

Has won every trophy it's possible to win.

Barcelona's 'antics' have been no better or worse than Real's.

You mean you don't agree, not that it doesn't make sense

his managerial career has been about 2/3 years, how is he the best manager in the world?

It's not really relevant what trophies Pique has won. Bad players can win trophies.

his managerial career has been about 2/3 years, how is he the best manager in the world?

It's not really relevant what trophies Pique has won. Bad players can win trophies.

OK, I'll rephrase it, what the hell does 'teams need to foul him more often' mean?

I'm not saying Guardiola's the best manager in the world because he's not, but in his time in management, he's been as good as any other manager would be.

And I know that bad players can win trophies, but the fact that Pique's been a virtual ever-present in the best club side in the world and the best international side in the world and has, as such, won every trophy that its possible to win, kinda suggests the lad ain't rubbish.

Strange how you think of Pique like that.. I personally think he's one of the best defenders in the world currently.. David Luiz recently is getting an amazing amount of hype, he is brilliant afterall, but I see no differences between him and Pique.

Pique in the tackle is brilliant, he's good in the air, he's not exactly slow, his ability to intercept passes is as good as any defender around and he's a key reason Barca are able to build from the back, he along with Rio Ferdinand, Luiz and Lucio are the best 'footballing CBs' in the world.

IMO he is the complete CB. Barca have the best defensive record in world football, Spain won virtually everygame with a clean sheet.. Both thanks to Pique and Puyol.

Ronaldo who is a top top player has only scored twice in about 12 games against Barca.. One being a penalty. Barcas defence don't get enough credit!

As for Messi, the only way to stop him is illegally. Foul Foul Foul.. Same with Iniesta, both are sublime footballers..

As for Guardiola.. He's not the best manager in the world, I don't think anyone has said this? But he's a key part in what is one of the best footballing teams the world has ever seen. He helped create this style, as they certainly didn't play this way under Frank Riijkard

Strange how you think of Pique like that.. I personally think he's one of the best defenders in the world currently.. David Luiz recently is getting an amazing amount of hype, he is brilliant afterall, but I see no differences between him and Pique.

Pique in the tackle is brilliant, he's good in the air, he's not exactly slow, his ability to intercept passes is as good as any defender around and he's a key reason Barca are able to build from the back, he along with Rio Ferdinand, Luiz and Lucio are the best 'footballing CBs' in the world.

IMO he is the complete CB. Barca have the best defensive record in world football, Spain won virtually everygame with a clean sheet.. Both thanks to Pique and Puyol.

Ronaldo who is a top top player has only scored twice in about 12 games against Barca.. One being a penalty. Barcas defence don't get enough credit!

As for Messi, the only way to stop him is illegally. Foul Foul Foul.. Same with Iniesta, both are sublime footballers..

As for Guardiola.. He's not the best manager in the world, I don't think anyone has said this? But he's a key part in what is one of the best footballing teams the world has ever seen. He helped create this style, as they certainly didn't play this way under Frank Riijkard

I'm just off to bed but just wanted to clear one thing up first. My comment wasn't directed at people on here, I've seen and heard people saying that he is the best manager in the game and just thought it was ridiculous. I don't think anyone on here has said it

I'm just off to bed but just wanted to clear one thing up first. My comment wasn't directed at people on here, I've seen and heard people saying that he is the best manager in the game and just thought it was ridiculous. I don't think anyone on here has said it

They're wrong as he's not. But there isn't many managers out there who could do the job better than what he's doing.

It's like those who don't think anyone could do a better job than NC. Does this make NC the best manager in the world?

Pep needs more time in the game and possibly move around a few teams for them to say this. Though he could well build a legacy at Barca

The only teams currently better than Real Madrid at this moment in time are Barca and Man Utd. Because these two teams are probably the most settled and are more of a team.

I think Jose Mourinho is the best manager in the world, based on his achievements. Alex Ferguson has a long list of medals, but when managing a top club for over 20 years you're going to have a few. 2 CL winner medals in 20 odd years IMO is poor.

Jose should stay at a club for 10 years and build a legacy.. IMO he should have done it at Inter Milan. Or maybe in the future at Man City?

They think of themselves as far greater than a football club, thus looking down on all others. I like arrogance (Mourinho) but there's is definitely misplaced. I also hate how everyone loves them, luckily their antics in the two games against Madrid have seemed to turn a few more people against them (where I am at least). Celtic have the same problem, think they are so much better than everyone else, and simply put, there not.

It's an inherent dislike, a few of them I can't explain. Pique - I think he's absolutely rubbish, that's probably it.

Arrogance is an offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride. You say you hate Barca for being like this, but love Mourhinio for doing the same? As I am sure our Spanish expert will tell you, when he gets back from the Camp Nou, the Barca fans/club and the Catalonian people in general have an enormous amount of pride in their club and their "country" and fair play to them, in this day and age I think it is refreshing to see a club that has retained it's principals, and managed to hang on to it's dignity.

They are nothing at all like that horrible club that play in green and white hoops that is for sure.

Messi is over rated....come on, you must be the only person in the world to think that, he is the best player in the world, he gets booted up in the air for 90 minutes and just gets back up and runs at the defenders again, superb player, someone that in 30 years time your kids will be asking you if he really was as good as they say he was.

Where was Kaka.? I thought that Plan B said he was better than Messi.? Last night he was invisible, truly living up to his name, he really was Kaka.

The special one got it totally wrong over two legs, and got exactly what his tactics deserved, absolutley nothing.

And, finally, did everyone else think it was really, really, really funny seeing Ronaldo crying at the end of the game? "You should have signed for a big club!" ha ha ha

Archived