5 Minutes

EastKentRam

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please anyone who was at the game explain to me how there was 5 minutes added time today. There wasnt one stoppage second half apart from the substitutes, 5 minutes was an absolute joke.

Gutted, absolutely gutted.

Bet you are mate. How were the Derby fans for noise today?

Bet you are mate. How were the Derby fans for noise today?

Poor to be honest, about 20 or so in the middle trying to create some noise but never really got going.

I'm still f*cking disgusted, that fourth official deserves to be lined up and shot. Not one injury all game but he plays 5 minutes, still cant believe it.

on the footy league show, they seemed to think savage was timewasting, and we got what we deserved etc etc.

Anyway, illegal extra time or not, norwich have scored something like 15 goals after 88 mins this year, whilst we think we have conceded a lot at 10.

Lamby time anyone?

first half no atmosphere at all, terrible. Once the goals started to flow though it picked up alot from both sets of fans. Terrible scrappy goal we conceded but do people know of the chance pearson missed no more then 30 seconds before ? Went clean through 1 on 1. Should score and instead they go and nick the winner!

first half no atmosphere at all, terrible. Once the goals started to flow though it picked up alot from both sets of fans. Terrible scrappy goal we conceded but do people know of the chance pearson missed no more then 30 seconds before ? Went clean through 1 on 1. Should score and instead they go and nick the winner!

To to be fair, it wasnt the easiest angle. But come on, whoever thought Pearson might actually have an end product was kidding themself.

To to be fair, it wasnt the easiest angle. But come on, whoever thought Pearson might actually have an end product was kidding themself.

it wasn't the best angle but it was such a great chance considering we didn't get too many! I got excited myself until i realised it was him running through then took my seat as he had his shot. :p

With three assists in two home games it wouldn't be mad to suggest he might do something with it.

1-on-1s aren't exactly his strong point though.

With three assists in two home games it wouldn't be mad to suggest he might do something with it.

1-on-1s aren't exactly his strong point though.

Cant argue that he's been playing better of late, never thought he was guna score yesterday though. The angle would have been better for a right footer as well so all in all, if he'd scored it would have been a wonder goal.

Please anyone who was at the game explain to me how there was 5 minutes added time today. There wasnt one stoppage second half apart from the substitutes, 5 minutes was an absolute joke.

Gutted, absolutely gutted.

5 minutes can be broken down into:

6 x 30 seconds for each substitution - 3 minutes.

3 x 30 seconds for each goal celebration - 1.5 minutes.

2 x 30 seconds for each caution - 1 minute.

So total stoppage time 5 minutes 30 seconds, remember the forth official signalled for a minimum of 5 minutes and the time allowed for each stoppage is the minimum awarded. For instance Savage took at least a minute, which is still lenient, to exit the pitch. Davies walked off at a snails pace as well so awarding 30 seconds of stoppage time is actually unfair on Norwich. Just think if it was the other way around...

As you asked I've given you a explanation on how the minimum of 5 minutes was decided, is the allotted time an 'absolute joke' now?

Was a great day out, yes it hurt the 96th minute goal.. Was poor defending tbh but can't understand why he made the subs clough did!!

Think we deserved a point to be honest! I also agree the fans were poor there were us 20 or so in the middle and a small pocket up in the top left corner!! Could not understand why the stewards would not let u's lot stand at the back even though our tickets were there!! Hmmm bit strange!

Overall a good day out but we must try to remember did we really expect to get anything out of the game?? I expected a hammering if I'm honest!!

Must also say that although jones made a couple of good saves, I have about as much confidence in him as I do bywater!! ( not alot)

He was at fault for the 2nd goal with very poor positioning and should of still recovered to save it.. Seemed stuck to the spot!

Also how did holt manage to have as much time and space to lay it of to jackson in the first place, far too often are we found not marking!!

But as I say we expected nothing but personally think we deserved a point!!

So total stoppage time 5 minutes 30 seconds, remember the forth official signalled for a minimum of 5 minutes and the time allowed for each stoppage is the minimum awarded. For instance Savage took at least a minute, which is still lenient, to exit the pitch. Davies walked off at a snails pace as well so awarding 30 seconds of stoppage time is actually unfair on Norwich. Just think if it was the other way around...

As you asked I've given you a explanation on how the minimum of 5 minutes was decided, is the allotted time an 'absolute joke' now?

If Norwich were winning i dont think there would have been 5 minutes added.

Was a great day out, yes it hurt the 96th minute goal.. Was poor defending tbh but can't understand why he made the subs clough did!!

Think we deserved a point to be honest! I also agree the fans were poor there were us 20 or so in the middle and a small pocket up in the top left corner!! Could not understand why the stewards would not let u's lot stand at the back even though our tickets were there!! Hmmm bit strange!

Overall a good day out but we must try to remember did we really expect to get anything out of the game?? I expected a hammering if I'm honest!!

Must also say that although jones made a couple of good saves, I have about as much confidence in him as I do bywater!! ( not alot)

He was at fault for the 2nd goal with very poor positioning and should of still recovered to save it.. Seemed stuck to the spot!

Also how did holt manage to have as much time and space to lay it of to jackson in the first place, far too often are we found not marking!!

But as I say we expected nothing but personally think we deserved a point!!

Nice to. Know I was noticed. :)

To be fair I thought our fans were ok considering, especially compared to Norwich who for a team on the up I expected alot more. May have been to do with the drink though.

What did the steward's say to you guys then? Was gutted when they moved you and there was only me and one other fella left singing.

It's not really a set rule.. It's as if they do it depending on the score at the time, the way the crowd are and the way the game goes..

Manchester United recently beat Blackburn 7-1.. There was about 5 goals in the second half, plus an injury, plus stoppages with celebrations, ball going out of play etc.. And only 2 minutes added on.. Surely by this logic there should have been about 5 minutes.

To avoid the debate, I mean people have countless arguements over time added on, football might well just be better off changing the rules to follow suit with other sports.. ie. Rugby, Ice Hockey, Basketball etc. and play to the buzzer..

This would put an end to stupid substitutions, time wasting, feigning injuries, changing multi-ball systems, spending an age over free-kicks/goalkicks etc.

Cant argue that he's been playing better of late, never thought he was guna score yesterday though. The angle would have been better for a right footer as well so all in all, if he'd scored it would have been a wonder goal.

You need a clinical finisher like Feo Robinson in those situations.

Archived