Norwich City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

So much for year-on-year improvement. Unlucky today but overall what an abysmal season - one of the worst I can remember in 31 years of following the Rams - can't wait for it to end.

Don't have a lot of faith in either the boards promises re investment or Clough's ability to turn us into a good side but my fingers will be crossed all summer and who knows?

Pretty much every derby fan knows that it is going to be year after year of crap football and nothing happening for us. It sucks when everyone on here has nothing to look forward to. If something does not happen in the summer then we are screwed. Get rid of all the crocks like anderson and roberts. I bet it will be amazing to see edinburgh and daveo excited over promotion.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Until today I thought that Nigel should get a chance to show what he can do with better players but if he can`t get the team even play to final whistle I doubt that he can do anything more next season. The game ain`t over until it is over, it is as simple as that but he keeps making the same mistake over and over. What the hell is wrong with the guy.

I agree. Based on a clearance hitting their striker in the face in the 6th minute of injury time, the board should sack Clough.

So much for year-on-year improvement. Unlucky today but overall what an abysmal season - one of the worst I can remember in 31 years of following the Rams - can't wait for it to end.

Don't have a lot of faith in either the boards promises re investment or Clough's ability to turn us into a good side but my fingers will be crossed all summer and who knows?

Knocked out of the Carling cup to Crewe. Knocked out of the FA cup to Crawley. Beaten twice by Forest. Beaten twice by Leicester. Brief flirtation with top of the table then the most calamitous self-destruct ever. Staying up on the account of the failure of others. It has been diabolical.

Knocked out of the Carling cup to Crewe. Knocked out of the FA cup to Crawley. Beaten twice by Forest. Beaten twice by Leicester. Brief flirtation with top of the table then the most calamitous self-destruct ever. Staying up on the account of the failure of others. It has been diabolical.

So staying up had nothing to do with beating Swansea and Leeds and getting a draw against QPR then.

So staying up had nothing to do with beating Swansea and Leeds and getting a draw against QPR then.

Beating Leeds and Swansea helped us to get the points to stay up- yes. Why don't you list every result we have got this season and I will promptly agree that the result helped secure survival. You know what I meant, don't be clever.

Pretty much every derby fan knows that it is going to be year after year of crap football and nothing happening for us. It sucks when everyone on here has nothing to look forward to. If something does not happen in the summer then we are screwed. Get rid of all the crocks like anderson and roberts. I bet it will be amazing to see edinburgh and daveo excited over promotion.

Pre-season activity for next season?? Watching more new players come through the door who are being purchased with high ambition in mind as opposed to buying players who will play for peanuts and 'could' develop along the way.

Watching more youth players threaten to break in to the first-team squad. Something that has been lacking for some time.

Watching how Kwame Thomas develops within our youth system as he reaches a more crucial age bracket over the course of the season.

Watching (Hopefully) more season tickets being sold than this season, More optimism, More Noise and better unity.

Watching NC either Succeed and leave egg on the wrist-slashers faces or fail miserably and be replaced by a better manger.

If fans continue to lose faith and give-up, Then it will rub-off on the players and staff and then we really will be in the mire. This season is as good as over and has been a shambles, but there are many factors which have been said before that have helped contribute.

Bloody Cheer Up People!!! ;)

after Saturday I'd be happy with anything less than a 5-0 defeat.

Hope Nigel rests Sav and gives Addison a start. Ben Davies in for Ward and Bueno in for Robinson.

very happy, we at least shared five goals! And delighted for Bueno.

Never thought I'd be toasting Millwall :)

Vulcan I don't think last minute winners are ever very "fair". As it happens, does sound very unlucky. But you make your own luck and if Norwich had one cleared off the line then in those sorts of areas, stuff does go for you from time to time. Shame Robinson couldn't do better in that case, what a player he'd be if he could kick a football.

you're right, but sometimes you don't help yourself by trying to play for a draw and being over defensive, and on those occasions you deserve what you get. don't think that was the case today.

as far as what NC said:

He was gutted but said the 90 mins summed up the season completely - some good play, some poor defending, and a last minute sucker punch!

Pleased that we're safe, prob give Ball and Hendrick a game against BC or Reading.

Was encouraged by a lot of the play, but again naivety when we've got a corner in the last few mins and don't keep it down there, and when Hendrick/Bueno both go for a near post ball they had no chance of getting (for their winner), thought we deserved a point.

well at least we can get our season ticket money back :D

Anderson will be fit for next season and would be silly to have to replace yet another player, Thus eating into any Transfer funds etc.

And for as much flack as Roberts has received this season, We really don't have anyone else who can play that position

We need 7-9 players as it is, Without having to dump yet more players. However, I would like to see Roberts replaced, but we just have to hang on to him IMO.

Sounds as though today was a bit unlucky. Hey ho...

Next season NC and the board will have to accept responsibility for the results. They have lashed themselves together now, it would be nice to see an end to divisions between the fans as to whether its Nige or the board when things are tough, its both of them for better or ill. :p

Beating Leeds and Swansea helped us to get the points to stay up- yes. Why don't you list every result we have got this season and I will promptly agree that the result helped secure survival. You know what I meant, don't be clever.

My point was we were good enough to get to 49 points so far and stay in the division.

We also had the character and ability on the team to get results against the top teams in the division, even after falling apart and having the most disastrous run of results I can ever remember.

We haven't secured safety simply by teams below being worse than us. We secured safety by being good enough to turn our form around against the top teams when it mattered at the business end of the season.

My point was we were good enough to get to 49 points so far and stay in the division.

We also had the character and ability on the team to get results against the top teams in the division, even after falling apart and having the most disastrous run of results I can ever remember.

We haven't secured safety simply by teams below being worse than us. We secured safety by being good enough to turn our form around against the top teams when it mattered at the business end of the season.

Just for clarity our form against the top 6 is:

QPR - 2 points out of 6

Norwich - 0 out of 6

Cardiff - 0 out of 6

Swansea 4 out of 6

Reading 0 out of 3 (will probably be out 6)

Forest 0 out of 6

Will probably be 6 points out of 36...hows does that equate to doing well against the top teams???????

Just for clarity our form against the top 6 is:

QPR - 2 points out of 6

Norwich - 0 out of 6

Cardiff - 0 out of 6

Swansea 4 out of 6

Reading 0 out of 3 (will probably be out 6)

Forest 0 out of 6

Will probably be 6 points out of 36...hows does that equate to doing well against the top teams???????

I see your point in that it looks bad, especially when you consider how decent Ssausagehorpe have been in comparison.

But I think what Davenport meant was how we had the integrity (Possible use of wrong word) to come back after our dire run and do well against some of the top teams. Helped keep us out of the mire.

Whatever way you look at it, Those results will be seen as what kept us up and not the fact that the teams below were simply pi55 poor in comparison to ourselves.

I see your point in that it looks bad, especially when you consider how decent Ssausagehorpe have been in comparison.

But I think what Davenport meant was how we had the integrity (Possible use of wrong word) to come back after our dire run and do well against some of the top teams. Helped keep us out of the mire.

Whatever way you look at it, Those results will be seen as what kept us up and not the fact that the teams below were simply pi55 poor in comparison to ourselves.

It looks bad because it has been bad. The fact is we have been poor in general this season - the table never lies - and over 44 games we are where we deserve to be - 19th in a pretty average league.

We are fortunate that there are at least 3 teams worse than us over the course of the season.

In 2011 we have only won 4 games out of 22 - a shocking record however you try and gloss it up.

Archived