Players on Twitter

davenportram

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with what bywater is saying tonight...clough blaming him for the mistakes was a joke...one again clough was pointing the finger at others rather than looking closer to home...clough on the radio said "we need a good goalkeeper well help us win more games", well let me know if I'm wrong but isn't it up to the manager to get that keeper? If clough felt bywater wasn't good enough why didn't he do something last summer or January? About time time clough took some blame himself! How is this bywaters fault nigel?

Also this is down to opinion I know but I think not calling bywater back when fieldings load ended was a joke...have people forgot what bywater did for us on our promotion season under billy Davies? How many games did we win 1-0? I didn't hear anyone complaining about bywaters mistakes then! Infect didn't we break some record for number of clean sheets that season?

Bywater has been a good keeper for us over the years. However, this year his form has dipped, and it's his form now that matters, not what he did 3 years ago.

Maybe part of the problem has been a total lack of competition, but Bywater has not inspired me this season. And, whether you agree that Clough should be saying it or not, he has made one or two high profile mistakes.

Have we had any decent keepers since Mart Poom? I'm struggling to remember any.

Yeah bywater!

Does anyone understand bywaters latest tweet with the goldfish? - I'm guessing he is saying us derby fans have short memories of what he once did for us.

Yeah I agree current form is what you look at but players don't become bad overnight and maybe competition would help...Gomes made a big mistake tonight, his manager came out and backed him though didn't point the finger at him.

And yes clough is entitled to publically critise the players but sometime he needs to maybe take the blame for once.

Yeah bywater!

Does anyone understand bywaters latest tweet with the goldfish? - I'm guessing he is saying us derby fans have short memories of what he once did for us.

Yeah I agree current form is what you look at but players don't become bad overnight and maybe competition would help...Gomes made a big mistake tonight, his manager came out and backed him though didn't point the finger at him.

And yes clough is entitled to publically critise the players but sometime he needs to maybe take the blame for once.

Bywater's not a bad keeper by any stretch, not IMO anyway. However, when you're used to Shilton or Poom, Bywater doesn't compare.

Bywater's not a bad keeper by any stretch, not IMO anyway. However, when you're used to Shilton or Poom, Bywater doesn't compare.

Yeah I agree but you asked if we had had any "decent" keepers since poom and I think bywater is/was decent.

Yeah I agree but you asked if we had had any "decent" keepers since poom and I think bywater is/was decent.

Bywater needs to improve his communication skills, particularly with the defence in front of him. Plus his kicking obviously.

I wouldn't say that Bywater's any better than Camp - and I wouldn't place either of them anywhere near the likes of Shilton/Poom.

Archived