University Accomodation

WorksopRam

I'm going to Leeds Met Uni in September and at the minute, I'm traipsing through accomodation choices for the City Campus.

There's six to choose from, so it's a bit daunting.

Has anyone who's been to Uni at all (or anyone else) got any tips for choosing the right one, or does anyone know someone who has been to Leeds Met and the choice they made?

Ta duckies :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in a low security one in my first year at Cov Uni. The only time we had any security was when we got drunk and flooded the top floor of our block.

Never forget it. We had argued with the girls i shared with about which toilet i was and wasn't allowed to **** in(even though theirs smelt worse imo)

So that night we turned on all the taps and showers when we were drunk to wake them up. Went downstairs and had a few more beers. 2 hours later we went back upstairs and it was like a sauna. My mate opened the door to the flat and ran in panicking and went head over heels on the flooded floor and knocked himself out.....good times.

There is no reason why i should have told you that story, apart from the fact that i'm very jealous that you have the best three years of your life ahead of you. :D

Only time I have been to Leeds met (well I think its that 1 anyway, dies it have the canal barge over the road that has been turned into a pub?) was to see Reel Big Fish play there. Stopped with my mate at his sisters shared accom in a really scummy part, about 15-20 min walk away from the uni, drug dealers all over the place gang bangers the lot.

Yeah good luck with it in Leeds

Only time I have been to Leeds met (well I think its that 1 anyway, dies it have the canal barge over the road that has been turned into a pub?) was to see Reel Big Fish play there. Stopped with my mate at his sisters shared accom in a really scummy part, about 15-20 min walk away from the uni, drug dealers all over the place gang bangers the lot.

Yeah good luck with it in Leeds

woop!

I'm going to Leeds Met Uni in September and at the minute, I'm traipsing through accomodation choices for the City Campus.

There's six to choose from, so it's a bit daunting.

Has anyone who's been to Uni at all (or anyone else) got any tips for choosing the right one, or does anyone know someone who has been to Leeds Met and the choice they made?

Ta duckies :)

Go cheap as mate. More money saved on accom is more money for the beer. I lived in a dirt cheap ****hole for 3 years whilst I was an undergrad and loved every minute of it. I found in the higher cost accomodation you got a load of posh southerner types (send the bill to Daddy). Tended to get the salt-of-the-earth up for a laugh types in the cheaper places. I didn't miss an ensuite/nice kitchen because it is something you don't appreciate at uni anyway. Rather pocket the extra 1-2k and enjoy myself.

I lived in all boys dorms where every flat alternated boy-girl-boy-girl. I much preferred the banter with living with lads and then hanging out with the girls when we pleased.

Yeah i was very nervous....but so is everyone else.

It's always good to make friend with the ugly bird in the flat first.....maybe flirt a little.

They are invaluable for cooking and cleaning.

Did you get your sexist degree then dave?? :rolleyes:

I'm hoping I get put with some decent people; someone who's a really good cook, a rich person, a comedian, a derby fan and someone who's really, erm, anal...

When's Plan B going uni?

Total lottery. Doesn't really matter. You gravitate towards people you have things in common with. You find the first week or two people will hang out in their "flat" group, but after a while you form friendship groups as you do anywhere else in life. My 2nd year had an awesome flat but first and third only a handful of people I actually considered mates.

Total lottery. Doesn't really matter. You gravitate towards people you have things in common with. You find the first week or two people will hang out in their "flat" group, but after a while you form friendship groups as you do anywhere else in life. My 2nd year had an awesome flat but first and third only a handful of people I actually considered mates.

Exactly, i went out a lot with my flat mates first few weeks. Dont think we've been out as a flat since well before christmas now, barely hang out at all with them now which is fine as we've all got our own groups now. Looking forward to next year now, 12 lads in 2 houses close to one another, it's guna be messy in more ways than one.

Accommodation. Erm the cheapest and closest to the action seeing as you won't want to spend a fortune cabbing it. Hell, the only time you should be in your room is when shagging and w******.

The student bar is your cathedral, the beer your religion. Amen.

Accommodation. Erm the cheapest and closest to the action seeing as you won't want to spend a fortune cabbing it. Hell, the only time you should be in your room is when shagging and w******.

The student bar is your cathedral, the beer your religion. Amen.

Fecking students.

Gerrawash.

Mate I went to Leeds Met. Never stayed in Halls at all during my time. This was between 97 and 01 though.

In my first year I just went to a place in town that all the students looking for room mates posted adverts (I went for one that said 4 girls looking for 2 guys to share house - no brainer). After that I ended up sharing with different mates I'd met whilst there.

I would say that if you end up living in shared accom then be careful of the bottom end of Cardigan Road (from Cardigan Lane down to the bottom). Most of the houses have bars on windows and we got broken into whilst there, my sister went to Leeds prior to me and her house got turned over by a bloke with a shotgun (she lived in a bad area). I lived in St Ann's Mount in my final year and had no problems and that area seemed nice in general. Most of headingly is students-ville but just check the area first (if you see and area PM me and I'll let you know what it's like - although this was 10 years ago)

Mate I went to Leeds Met. Never stayed in Halls at all during my time. This was between 97 and 01 though.

In my first year I just went to a place in town that all the students looking for room mates posted adverts (I went for one that said 4 girls looking for 2 guys to share house - no brainer). After that I ended up sharing with different mates I'd met whilst there.

I would say that if you end up living in shared accom then be careful of the bottom end of Cardigan Road (from Cardigan Lane down to the bottom). Most of the houses have bars on windows and we got broken into whilst there, my sister went to Leeds prior to me and her house got turned over by a bloke with a shotgun (she lived in a bad area). I lived in St Ann's Mount in my final year and had no problems and that area seemed nice in general. Most of headingly is students-ville but just check the area first (if you see and area PM me and I'll let you know what it's like - although this was 10 years ago)

Thanks a lot mate, much appreciated.

Still got a bit to look at bit ill come to you if I've got any queries.

Archived