This Royal Wedding Thingy

Day

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowt wrong with a bit of flag waving and raising a glass or two to the happy couple.

It's lovely that people are having street parties and getting together for it. There's not enough of it these days.

I remember watching Princess Annes wedding with my mum. I was only young, but it's a memory I cherish.

Don't forget your St. Georges flag for the match next Saturday either.

I agree with mrs.

It's great that our country has something to celebrate en mass as it were, instead of everyone focusing on the doom and gloom that comes at us from all angles. The whole world's watching and it's times like these I feel proud to be British.

I've always liked Wills, he's had to put up with a lot over the years. I know he's had all the priveledges of being royal but losing his mum like that will have hit hard, royal or not. Watching his parents divorce will not have been a stroll in the park either. Over the years I think he's grown into a very level headed young man.

Kate appears to be a lovely lass so I wish them both every happiness. It's going to be tough for her being constantly photographed and followed but I'm sure Wills will do all he can to protect her from it. Let's hope the media are not allowed to invade her life like they did Diana's.

I have booked the telly in advance and I will watch as I did when Diana married Charles and I hope the sun shines on the happy couple.

Good on them both and may they have many happy years together. :)

Considering i despise the Royal Family, up there with one of the best longest running cons, probably only behind religion. I would rather pour vinegar into my eyes than watch 2 people who have done very little to achieve their fame and fortune get married.

Considering i despise the Royal Family, up there with one of the best longest running cons, probably only behind religion. I would rather pour vinegar into my eyes than watch 2 people who have done very little to achieve their fame and fortune get married.
Yep and I bet if you had been born a Prince, or a girl who`s family owned half of Yorkshire, you would have said f**k this I`m of to be a window cleaner, or dustman:D, your just jealous

Can I get a video of the vinegar pouring?

Far too much of a fuss over very little. That being said, I do quite like this pair, as royalty go.

I'd agree with you to an extent there Worksop - take yesterdays Daily Blah which pictured the room where Kate will spend the eve of her wedding.

Although I like the Royals, I won't admit to preening over the picture of the monogrammed loo she will (alledgedly) use because I have no interest in that. I mean, really, who displays a healthy interest in a bog ?? :rolleyes:

This is a prime example of the press being too intrusive me thinks.

I would say its mainly a girly thing. I don't know any blokes who give a toss about it either way.

I feel sorry for Prince Harry, apparently its family only invited........:D

*ouch* :D

I'm going down london with a couple of mates, missus is not happy! It's just an excuse for a pee up and a day to remember. I love the tradition and history to the institution.

Going to be one of the best days of my life, watching these 2 strangers get married.. It's either this or the time I saw George Clooney in LA about 70 metres away.. Just one of those special moments in my life.

Yawn. Couldn't give a toss and I think whoever finds this wedding so fascinating that they're going to watch it instead of spending time with friends or doing normal stuff, is indeed very sad and needs a life.

It's about as bad as watching Big Brother and being entertained.

Well I'd rather have a Royal Family, than have a president or sum such. Granted, the family could be 'trimmed' down, but I think it would be very short sighted of us, to get rid of them.

Well I'd rather have a Royal Family, than have a president or sum such. Granted, the family could be 'trimmed' down, but I think it would be very short sighted of us, to get rid of them.

I'll help with the trimming down. I'd also offer cigarette & blindfold.

Archived