Thoughts From Todays Game

EastKentRam

I actually dont think we were too bad today, playing a far superior side 4-1 flattered them. We created some decent situations and better finishing would have seen us score a couple. Bueno was our best player imo, made lots of good passes and always looking to make things happen, bit quieter in the second half. Ward done well also, made a few good runs and won the penno, too lightweight though.

Steve Davies was utter sh*te, i dont see what he offers when playing upfront. He's so slow and doesnt win anything in the air, he had 3 great chances today (although one he was offside but still f*cked it) and didnt even go close. Pearson and Savage were also dire, lost possession too much and didnt get forward to support enough.

Man of the match was the fans without doubt, great effort.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote from Clough...

"but it was one of those games where everything went wrong for us"

3 wins in 22 games, seems to me quite a few things go wrong, :mad: mind you a 4-1 defeat at Cardiff is an improvement on last season. ;)

Quote from Clough...

3 wins in 22 games, seems to me quite a few things go wrong, :mad: mind you a 4-1 defeat at Cardiff is an improvement on last season. ;)

That quote was about that particular game, and it wasn't relevant to the other 22 games. He wasn't talking about those other games.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve :confused:

Quote from Clough...

2 wins and 4 draws in the last 11 games shows things have improved a little bit recently

Quote from Clough...

He's probably referring to a harsh early penalty. 3 players going off injured and missing a sitter of all sitters to make it 2-1.

We needed to play well and get a bit of luck to get a result down there. We played ok and got no luck.

For once i actually agree with Clough, Cardiff were fully the better side but they werent 4-1 better. Bellamy was playing for that penalty, poor set piece defending once again and Roberts happens to go down injured in the middle of an attack and the Cardiff player ends up finishing it right next to him. Which i think was poor from Roberts, you dont stay down when the opposition are in the middle of an attack, he should of took one for the team and stayed up.

For once i actually agree with Clough, Cardiff were fully the better side but they werent 4-1 better. Bellamy was playing for that penalty, poor set piece defending once again and Roberts happens to go down injured in the middle of an attack and the Cardiff player ends up finishing it right next to him. Which i think was poor from Roberts, you dont stay down when the opposition are in the middle of an attack, he should of took one for the team and stayed up.

If he has damaged his medial ligament or any other ligament in his knee then that may not have been an option for him. Even if he had stayed up could he have done anything on one leg to stop their player? Or would he have simply moved away from him to get space.

If he has damaged his medial ligament or any other ligament in his knee then that may not have been an option for him. Even if he had stayed up could he have done anything on one leg to stop their player? Or would he have simply moved away from him to get space.

I just posted on COYR;

Nothing more than a bruise i reckon, he had to make out it was serious after he looked like a complete **** lying down and letting them score.

In all seriousness, he did look in quite a lot of pain and if it is something serious i'll forgive him.

Down to investment is it Pete or the Manager and his Players.

Down to all 3, and the worst thing is most Derby fans aren't surprised we lost 4-1 at Cardiff. Standards and expectations have declined, and I'll be glad when this shocking season is over.

As for Clough, I still support him, but I'd say he has until Christmas.

The Yanks, they have to invest heavily or they can do one.

The Players need to start earning their money and stop the rot

Down to all 3, and the worst thing is most Derby fans aren't surprised we lost 4-1 at Cardiff. Standards and expectations have declined, and I'll be glad when this shocking season is over.

I agree with all that except Clough till Xmas, I will be prepared to give him the full season, as we could be 15th and just need 1 or 2 players in Jan to push on to the playoffs.

I agree, particularly with the players. We're set to finish imo 19th-21st (well I hope). I bet their wages make them easily top 12 best paid and perhaps inside the top 10. Glick likes to remind us how Norwich, Leeds and Swansea run a similar ship if not cheaper (Swansea) so I don't have much patience for 100% effort when the ability is not there, it's disingenuous to pick up the pay packet when you're not good enough, but who can blame them? I would do the exact same. And this is as much Clough. We got rid of a load of huge earners with limited ability, great, replaced them with moderate to good earners and still see the same if not worse results.

If we beat Coventry we could well be up to 16th on Saturday. Pick up a win against Bristol( which I think is doable) and a draw against Burnley then we could find ourselves around 15th or 16th at the end of the season.

Home games are critical in the run in but a finish around 16 th is still possible.

If we beat Coventry we could well be up to 16th on Saturday. Pick up a win against Bristol( which I think is doable) and a draw against Burnley then we could find ourselves around 15th or 16th at the end of the season.

Home games are critical in the run in but a finish around 16 th is still possible.

Yep, I'd take 21st still despite that. Just goes to show there is nothing in the league which is why it's so frustrating at times.

Steve Davies was utter sh*te, i dont see what he offers when playing upfront. He's so slow and doesnt win anything in the air, he had 3 great chances today (although one he was offside but still f*cked it) and didnt even go close. Pearson and Savage were also dire, lost possession too much and didnt get forward to support enough.

Man of the match was the fans without doubt, great effort.

Totally agree WTF is steve davies in the squad anymore? i've always supported him but now he's yet another who's come back from injuiry, and you can clearly tell! though he must have skill i COULDN'T psyically miss from as close as he did....i don't have enough skill to sky it from 2 yards it's quite difficult :rolleyes:

I feel if we had some competent strikers we could of won that game or at the least drew it

Going through previous posts on a different topic, talking about how many points we need to survive, and the predicted results of the next few games, all said we would lose on Saturday, so I'm not upset at all. If QPR win tonight it's as you were, with a game less to go, so not a bad week all in all.

I just want this season out the way so we can bring in some quality players, and ship out the ones who can't offer us any more. Top 6 seems to be a genuine ambition and we need to stagger over the line this season and build in the Summer.

Still pretty optimistic since the pledge from the board, and the interview on the BBC with Glick. They've obviously got targets in mind already which should hopefully bode for some serious activity in the close season.

In my opinion, Nigel Clough should be a given a full season, bare minimum. He's had over a season of working with a squad of players he probably wouldn't have pieced together if he had the money he would have liked, so it's only fair to give him an equal opportunity with his own squad. As it goes I remain convinced he will do a good job at Derby. I don't like saying 'he's the man for the job', as there are several who could do well, but he is one of them.

I notice Ince has lost another job. Imagine if we had him, or someone like Roy Keane...

Archived