St Patricks Day :)

DublinRam

So proud he live's in Swissyland an married a yank ;)

Love you Swiss xxx[/quote

I love it when people make complete fools of themselves. You are totally wrong, but i would expect nothing better as you dont know me at all. I live in France not switzerland and married an American not a yank and i did both of those things for love nothing to do with my feelings towards being English.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Georges day should be a national holiday,I go into town drinking to celebrate it every year.Paddys day is more popular due to the myth that the irish know how to have a great time,moreso than anybody else.Also anybody who had drank a pint of crap (or guinness as its more commonly called ) thinks they are irish.

Why any Englishman wants to celebrate paddus day is beyond me,the irish hate us.

The only thing irish related thing that I would celebrate would be the death of Gerry Adams and martin mcguinness.

Lets face it St Patrick's day is just a vehicle to sell copious amounts of the black stuff anywhere that sells it, its a clever marketing operation nothing more, show me the massed ranks of the Irish celebrating in the streets or any where else that doesn't sell the black stuff and I'll eat a leprechaun.;)

My sentiments exactly. When I was a student St paddy's day was celebrated because there were drink offers in the union and another excuse to get drunk (see clever marketing above).

Personally couldn't give a toss about a St George's day unless they want to give me an extra bank holiday off work. The reason I say this is I don't need a national day to show/ tell me I should be proud of being English. More important is how you act and treat others.

why celebrate paddys day if your english?

where is your pride and passion for the country that you live in?

Hang on, when did I say I'd be celebrating it?

I'd just love to be in the city for the atmosphere.

I'd love to go to a Celtic/Rangers game, but I don't support either.

To celebrate St Patrick driving all the snakes out of Ireland of course!

Oh and of course the fact that both my parents were born in Ireland, my mum used to love celebrating St Patricks day but she is sadly no longer with us. So i will be going out to celebrate and to raise a glass to her.....if thats ok with you of course?

:D

To celebrate St Patrick driving all the snakes out of Ireland of course!

Oh and of course the fact that both my parents were born in Ireland, my mum used to love celebrating St Patricks day but she is sadly no longer with us. So i will be going out to celebrate and to raise a glass to her.....if thats ok with you of course?

:D

He didn't quite get rid of ALL the snakes did he..?

Of course it is allright with me...so long as you promise not to wear a plastic hat, or one of those stupid guiness shaped ones....

Despite all I have said, I actually met Mrs Muespach in an Irish bar on St Patricks day...so it can't be all that bad can it..? (we were both in there wondering why it was so busy for a Tuesday in the middle of March)

There are one or two still knocking about but the majority are gone :-)

I will stay well clear of the daft hats, but i'm sure there will be lots of them floating around!

There you go you see, now go and have a pint to celebrate that!

There are one or two still knocking about but the majority are gone :-)

I will stay well clear of the daft hats, but i'm sure there will be lots of them floating around!

There you go you see, now go and have a pint to celebrate that!

Good man.. we will be celebrating with a bottle or two of Cremant D'Alsace on the deck, watching the fasnacht celebrations.

Am I the only person who hates the fact St Paddy gets more recognition than St George over here?

No you're not.

I think it's pretty ridiculous too. I'm happy for people to enjoy it but not if they're ignoring St. George's day.

I don't get why so many people who are a sixteenth Irish suddenly become 100% Irish on this day.

By the same logic we should start celebrating Thanksgiving and Independence Day, foreign holidays that have nothing to do with England.

the hub is out with his brothers but only for his mum who's birthday it should of been today and that she would always have a few being from Belfast.

i will meet them to raise my glass in her memory.

We do go out on Georges day ever since we met, it's a right family affair for us :D

sorry ladyram, wasnt meant to turn into a slanging match, if ive upset people then i apologise .;)

No apology needed Trigg but ta anyways! :)

Archived