Shoot man, Shoot!!

mcsilks

Sorry to start another rather depressing thread but here goes.

Shots on goal for the away teams playing in the Championship last night in order.

Leeds 14

Reading 14

Norwich 12

QPR 12

Pompey 11

Coventry 10

Burnley 10

Cardiff 9

Scunny 9

Forest 9

Watford 7

Derby 1

I have looked through the reports from the last few months and this trend is not untypical. Even at home we are not mustering anything like the amount of goal attempts that other sides are.

Granted we are in an atrocious run of form but so are other teams yet they are still not shy about shooting at goal.

Without meaning to state the absolute obvious; there in lies the problem.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to start another rather depressing thread but here goes.

Shots on goal for the away teams playing in the Championship last night in order.

Leeds 14

Reading 14

Norwich 12

QPR 12

Pompey 11

Coventry 10

Burnley 10

Cardiff 9

Scunny 9

Forest 9

Watford 7

Derby 1

I have looked through the reports from the last few months and this trend is not untypical. Even at home we are not mustering anything like the amount of goal attempts that other sides are.

Granted we are in an atrocious run of form but so are other teams yet they are still not shy about shooting at goal.

Without meaning to state the absolute obvious; there in lies the problem.

The problem is we don't create the chances. We hit it clear and keep it tight to defend, we did it last season as well and were poor then (with Hulse and Commons).

pathetic, yet with Hulse and Commons we had one of the most dangerous strike forces in the division by far.. But because of wages being just abit high, what about that moron that play's centre midfield who get's more?! Not even half their talents.

pathetic, yet with Hulse and Commons we had one of the most dangerous strike forces in the division by far.. But because of wages being just abit high, what about that moron that play's centre midfield who get's more?! Not even half their talents.

I doubt it is a quarter.

Hold on. Commons we no doubt wanted to keep, we tried we failed and he went. You won't convince me that Nigel rated Hulse that highly. He was often left on the bench in favour of Porter and didn't seem to be rated by Nigel that highly. Yet now it's all down to him being sold, when did we hear about him wanting to be kept by the club? We instantly dismiss it as a forced sale due to wages and not due to him not being rated by the manager.

well up front, we are lacking goals massively.. So selling our top scorer for the last 2 seasons and the current top scorer for this season both for no real fee at all, is why we don't score. They haven't and won't be replaced for some time.

Stats from the season so far.....

Club ON OFF HW

Norwich City 245 225 17

Leeds United 260 207 23

Leicester City 233 233 13

Coventry City 232 220 22

QPR 226 226 12

Burnley 213 235 17

Millwall 211 230 7

Cardiff City 244 190 13

Swansea City 242 192 15

Ipswich Town 224 200 13

Reading 228 192 12

Derby County 198 196 11

Preston 199 193 16

Middlesbrough 203 186 9

Ssausagehorpe 195 179 11

Portsmouth 167 203 13

Doncaster 194 172 5

Bristol City 205 156 13

Watford 211 149 8

Hull City 200 160 12

Barnsley 191 169 7

Nottm Forest 197 162 14

Sheffield Utd 188 159 11

Crystal Palace 160 154 8

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/ClubShooting/0,,10794~20107,00.html

Lacking shots like this just shows the extreme poverty this team now has going forward since Commons and Hulse have gone. Also with injury prone strikers who don't have the ability for this division we should really have a striker on loan.

It really could cost us our status in this division.

I don't know why Clough and GSE don't realise the gravity of this situation, it is very worrying.

Erm what do you expect.. Playing 4-4-2 with a flat midfield such as, Pearson, B'Davies, Savage, Addison and then 2 strikers who can't create anything for themselves...

This is the worst DCFC side I think I've seen in the past 20 years or so.

God, I'm sure, even with our injuries, a 4-2-3-1 with Sav and Addison holidng, Ward, Bueno, Cywka and Porter/Robinson as a front 4 would create a hell of a lot more than this current setup which is quite frankly a shambles. And then when they're back have Green fit into the front 3 and Bailey replace Savage or Addison.

Cloughs tactical nouse is terrible at this level.. Absoloutely dross. He can certainly spot talent, in Bailey, Brayford, Cywka etc.. But he certainly can't use them effectively.

His tactics and use of players are currently making me dislike alot of our players.. Like deploying Green in a defensive position when he's clearly sh*te in that position.. One of Cloughs major mistake/amatureism this season is not being able to handle Bueno.. He's one of the best players in this league ability wise, but if you don't allow him freedom or give him the ball to feet his pointless. Cloughs decision to freeze him out or play hoofball make him look a bad player. Clough would make Xavi, Iniesta and Messi look bad players with his sh*te tactics/style of play.

Erm what do you expect.. Playing 4-4-2 with a flat midfield such as, Pearson, B'Davies, Savage, Addison and then 2 strikers who can't create anything for themselves...

This is the worst DCFC side I think I've seen in the past 20 years or so.

God, I'm sure, even with our injuries, a 4-2-3-1 with Sav and Addison holidng, Ward, Bueno, Cywka and Porter/Robinson as a front 4 would create a hell of a lot more than this current setup which is quite frankly a shambles. And then when they're back have Green fit into the front 3 and Bailey replace Savage or Addison.

Cloughs tactical nouse is terrible at this level.. Absoloutely dross. He can certainly spot talent, in Bailey, Brayford, Cywka etc.. But he certainly can't use them effectively.

His tactics and use of players are currently making me dislike alot of our players.. Like deploying Green in a defensive position when he's clearly sh*te in that position.. One of Cloughs major mistake/amatureism this season is not being able to handle Bueno.. He's one of the best players in this league ability wise, but if you don't allow him freedom or give him the ball to feet his pointless. Cloughs decision to freeze him out or play hoofball make him look a bad player. Clough would make Xavi, Iniesta and Messi look bad players with his sh*te tactics/style of play.

Green has been sh*te in defence or midfield

Green has been sh*te in defence or midfield

Towards the end of November he was top of our assists charts, and up there with the top 'attack minded' midfielders in the division.

Then Clough played him RB, then played him DM.. And completely broke up one of the best partnerships Green/Brayford we've had for about 5 years.

Towards the end of November he was top of our assists charts, and up there with the top 'attack minded' midfielders in the division.

Then Clough played him RB, then played him DM.. And completely broke up one of the best partnerships Green/Brayford we've had for about 5 years.

Brayford was actually connecting well with Cywka and Bueno, and Commons making late runs in from the left. Cywka lost his form, so did Brayford for a while and Bueno disappeared when the going got tough. Green was playing well, but he could have done better and the form of Cywka/Bueno/Commons/Brayford etc.. complimented Green greatly. Everybody complimented each other during that good run mind, but you just don't see that determination anymore.

Green was utilised, played poorly wherever he was placed and thats pretty much the current theme for most of the squad.

I remember Derby marching into Elland Road, with no fear, grinding out a 2 - 1 result. Savage coming out and explaining the squad were geling well, playing without fear, taking part in pre season bonding days without fear.

They play with it now, completely different team because of it.

Archived