Big Gates mean success -well not always

JohnClement

The 4 biggest attendances at the weekend were The Rams, Forest, Leeds & Norwich. -3 of these are not in the top 6. Big gates, mean big revenues and with good management should mean success. However we seem to be following the Sheffield Wednesday route. Big Club, good ground, proud history, good support, passionate fans, but big debts, large number of managers, bad signings, downward spiral.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 4 biggest attendances at the weekend were The Rams, Forest, Leeds & Norwich. -3 of these are not in the top 6. Big gates, mean big revenues and with good management should mean success. However we seem to be following the Sheffield Wednesday route. Big Club, good ground, proud history, good support, passionate fans, but big debts, large number of managers, bad signings, downward spiral.

Am I missing something. Leeds, Forest & Norwich are in the top 6. So the point is??

Big debts? I thought we were actually one of the few solvent clubs in the league.

Big gates do mean big revenues, but not as big as parachute payments or generous owners.

Big gates mean nothing if the ground is full of £50 per season kids, old codgers on half price tickets and freeloaders on giveaway tickets - I'm not saying that it's wrong to encourage the next generation of supporters with cheap tickets or to help out the oldies, but I doubt that the size of our crowds bears much relationship to the amount of money we actually make on the gate.....

Archived