Nathan Tyson

Briggsy

I really don't think you can ever judge a player on their performance against Derby! Our defence would even flatter the attacking flare of my overweight Dad.

I know they give you an idea, yes, but some fans (note, fans, not actual coaches ;)) seem to think it defines a players' ability (see young ram15).

It's especially irrelevant when we're not signing these players on their ability to score in a 4-4-2 system, or their ability to create chances in a 4-5-1 system. The player we sign need to demostrate the attributes we need for our playing style, and those things are so specific they'll never ever show up on a Wikipedia page.

Rant over.

PS, that wasn't directed at you Tricky Tree, just your post set me off on one ;)

No it won't but as has already been stated he cant cross the ball or make chances for anyone else. He is being likened to Theo, I'd say he's more of a pearson really. What is your fascination with Wikipedia anyway?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it won't but as has already been stated he cant cross the ball or make chances for anyone else. He is being likened to Theo, I'd say he's more of a pearson really. What is your fascination with Wikipedia anyway?

That's what so many people on here refer to when talking about players' stats.

And I'll say it again. Tyson is a poor player, I wouldn't be happy if we signed him, I know all that. I was just trying to say to the forum users who use stats as the o....oh, you know what, never mind.

That's what so many people on here refer to when talking about players' stats.

And I'll say it again. Tyson is a poor player, I wouldn't be happy if we signed him, I know all that. I was just trying to say to the forum users who use stats as the o....oh, you know what, never mind.

Ok mate. just felt it was aimed at me!

Thought he was crap at Forest Tricky? He was fine here, played the best football of his career under Clough as a second striker (or in the "hole" as they call it) and scored for fun.

But then he realised the ship was well and truly sinking! You only saw the best of him in his last year when his contract was up and he realised he had to work his ass off to get a new one; sound familiar?!

But then he realised the ship was well and truly sinking! You only saw the best of him in his last year when his contract was up and he realised he had to work his ass off to get a new one; sound familiar?!

Nope - he saw his contract out here and left for a better offer. Its the way of the world old son.

Nope - he saw his contract out here and left for a better offer. Its the way of the world old son.

Now come on, be honest! He didnt quite see his contract out now did he?! He wanted out just before xmas when he saw where you were heading! Forest fans told you he would be off when a better offer came along but you didnt believe us; just like we dont believe you guys when you tell us billy will jump ship. Oh wait a minute, the 2nd one hasnt happened...................... yet ;)

Now come on, be honest! He didnt quite see his contract out now did he?! He wanted out just before xmas when he saw where you were heading! Forest fans told you he would be off when a better offer came along but you didnt believe us; just like we dont believe you guys when you tell us billy will jump ship. Oh wait a minute, the 2nd one hasnt happened...................... yet ;)

WTF are you talking about? He saw his contract out and left for a better offer. I'm sorry if its a tad confusing but thats what happened.

Why are you so upset about it.

Personally i dont care if he stays or leaves; he isnt good enough to take us to the next level so so i am more than happy for him to go. Therefore no i dont rate him enough to want him to stay at forest; after seeing robbie findley play it is clear that findley was bought in as a direct replacement for tyson, findley can take us onto a level that tyson cant because findley has an end product. Tyson is a poor mans findley from my perspective.

Its ok signing a player who has pace but if he doesnt deliver at the end of it then whats the point. As i said earlier, whats the point in having a triple jumper who can hop, skip but cant jump. You need to possess the whole package to be the real deal and tyson quite simply doesnt.

There is another Eddie Johnson in the waiting.. good goalscoring record in america and quick, although watching him in the world cup would show his second touch is often a tackle or a dive.

I take the good goalscoring record back, thought he had done better (just looked at his stats)

WTF are you talking about? He saw his contract out and left for a better offer. I'm sorry if its a tad confusing but thats what happened.

Why are you so upset about it.

Oh i thought you sold him in january?! That to me isnt seeing the contract out especially when it is well known that he was in talks with both rangers and celtic before the transfer window opened. When he hit his top form, he left as soon as he could.

I think the general sentiment was he would get you to the paly offs/automatic spot and feck it up - which has happened twice.

Also if he got you promoted then he would feck it up and manufacture his own sacking ( that bit cant happen yet as he hasn't managed to get you over the play-off finish line)

All the while moaning about the board not signing anyone and it not being his fault, like he said towards the end of the loan window he would only take the blame if he got the signings he wanted.

Billy Davies great manager - great at :

1:getting teams in to automatic spots then fall away.

2:great at getting to the play offs but not that great at winning them (5 attempts 4 losses and 1 fluke).

3:great at pissing off the fans at clubs he has left.

I think the general sentiment was he would get you to the paly offs/automatic spot and feck it up - which has happened twice.

Also if he got you promoted then he would feck it up and manufacture his own sacking ( that bit cant happen yet as he hasn't managed to get you over the play-off finish line)

All the while moaning about the board not signing anyone and it not being his fault, like he said towards the end of the loan window he would only take the blame if he got the signings he wanted.

Billy Davies great manager - great at :

1:getting teams in to automatic spots then fall away.

2:great at getting to the play offs but not that great at winning them (5 attempts 4 losses and 1 fluke).

3:great at pissing off the fans at clubs he has left.

And despite all this, for some reason you guys hate his guts. Heaven knows why, lol

Archived