Right whats the form

davenportram

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On for the Happy Clappers optimists

has our form started turning. I know we have 1 win in 14 games, but we have lost only 4 times in last 8, once in the last 3.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/oform.html

according to the form table above we are now in 18th position for the last 8 games.

At least we're picking up the points. Could prove vital.

Just need someone to bag them goals!

I'm not sure if this is an optimistic post or resignation?

It's a shame we weren't picking at points earlier in the season really. Look at Forest, 2-0 at home to Barnsley, closing minutes, game finished 2-2. They carry on feeling invincible at home, full of confidence and know whatever they steal away can add to their unbeatable performances at home.

How many games had we drawn up until Pompey? 4? Look at QPR and Forest. They know how to grab draws. We don't.

If we'd of got something when we should of at Burnley, at home to Norwich and Reading, we'd probably not be in the position we are. Same at Watford. 3-0 loss and yet there was nothing in the game. Ipswich at home too. That'd be 5 more points and also a bit of confidence.

Where do QPR and Forest get the confidence and levels of concentration to avoid defeat even at 2-0 down approaching 90th minute. How can they avoid defeat when not playing well. Forest took 3 off us. We could of took those points but we didn't.

Why not??

I hope this Derby team can get whatever character is missing to turn defeats or poor performances into draws. Because that's the difference at the end of the day.

We do it on occasion. Swansea this season. Newcastle last season. Ssausagehorpe today. If you can't win draw. But you look at how many games we've won (10 without looking?) and it's not too bad. Leicester have won about 12? Anyway 10 isn't bad. not if we'd drawn 16 instead of 6.

What don't we have? It's not like many of our defeats this season have been awful.

has our form started turning. I know we have 1 win in 14 games, but we have lost only 4 times in last 8, once in the last 3.

according to the form table above we are now in 18th position for the last 8 games.

One for the optimists? Our form over the last 8 is 18th. Inless we start winning then we're still deep in it, you can draw every game of the season and only have 46 points. Our form is 4 points in 8 and you think that is cause for optimism? I don't see it.

It's a shame we weren't picking at points earlier in the season really. Look at Forest, 2-0 at home to Barnsley, closing minutes, game finished 2-2. They carry on feeling invincible at home, full of confidence and know whatever they steal away can add to their unbeatable performances at home.

How many games had we drawn up until Pompey? 4? Look at QPR and Forest. They know how to grab draws. We don't.

If we'd of got something when we should of at Burnley, at home to Norwich and Reading, we'd probably not be in the position we are. Same at Watford. 3-0 loss and yet there was nothing in the game. Ipswich at home too. That'd be 5 more points and also a bit of confidence.

Where do QPR and Forest get the confidence and levels of concentration to avoid defeat even at 2-0 down approaching 90th minute. How can they avoid defeat when not playing well. Forest took 3 off us. We could of took those points but we didn't.

Why not??

I hope this Derby team can get whatever character is missing to turn defeats or poor performances into draws. Because that's the difference at the end of the day.

We do it on occasion. Swansea this season. Newcastle last season. Ssausagehorpe today. If you can't win draw. But you look at how many games we've won (10 without looking?) and it's not too bad. Leicester have won about 12? Anyway 10 isn't bad. not if we'd drawn 16 instead of 6.

What don't we have? It's not like many of our defeats this season have been awful.

Theres a couple of reasons why we don't pick up points, bad performances, individual errors, bad tactics etc..

One key difference to this side and those that currently occupy a top half position is our ability to come from behind to rescue points.. Especially if we're down a goal with 20 minutes left, these are like bonus points.

Out of all our draws, not one came from a losing position.. And only Boro at home (3-1) have we come from behind to win. Away from home after conceding first we haven't picked up a single point all season. We've been like this for years, I can't remember the last time we came from 2-0 away from in a league match.. Yet how many times have we thrown points away over the years.

You know something Dav, you read my mind. As soon as we scrambled that 0 0 draw against a team, most on hear have referred too, as shocking, I thought, "Hector get your hotel booked for the play offs in 2012, the rams are going to wembley", looooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!

Archived