Petition against Rams Trust

The Ram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my eyes, it's a small step from renaming a ground, to renaming a club.

Yeah look at Arsenal being renamed after moving to the Emirates Stadium, likewise Wigan we renamed ages ago with the JJB stadium and then named again with the DW stadium. Bolton soon to be renamed too after deciding to sell the naming rights and get the Reebok stadium. I won't go in, you get the point. Selling the naming rights of the stadium is a good way of generating money and is being adopted more and more.

Well, they would be 3 season tickets down... if I aint goin, my 10 and 12 year old aint either. At least until they can pay for it themselves.

I agree, me and my lad wouldn't be going. Doubt many would follow our lead so the club wouldn't be too bothered but I'd rather not sell our soul for a few quid, whatever it funds. It would just be the final nail in the coffin of what I deem to be wrong with football. I don't like the name Pride Park at all but rather than that Primark Pride.

Naming rights of Championship stadiums is no big cash windfall typically £1m over 5 years or £1m over 3 years is the norm. Sorry to disappoint all those who think naming a stadium will give Clough large sums to invest in the playing squad.

I do accept that it is extra revenue of 200k to 300k a year for player investment that we do not currently benefit from.

My major concern is the reference to an £8m a year subsidy required from the investors. If this is correct, which I strongly doubt, this would normally be offset against an increased equity stake holding in the club, again this is unlikely in this instance.

Assuming player wages have been reduced to circa £8m per annum then you don't have to be a qualified accountant to work out that the revenue streams in to DCFC, if supplemented by an £8m subsidy, just don't seem to add up.

I am rather concerned about this declaration from our management company as this would infer further cuts will be required despite Mr Glicks assurance to the contrary.

I do not intend this to spark another prolonged debate about the accounts as I'm sure we have used up our allocation of cyber space on this debate previously.

Remember that the 8 millino figure is just a guess from someone at RamsTrust. In the article it doesn't say that GSE themselves said of a 8 million subsidy, just that there was a subsidy being paid by the group of investors.

I'm sure there was in a Tom Glick interview somewhere (DET/RD I can't remember now) who talked about the investors having to offset the club by a figure into the high hundreds of thousands mark a season. So 8 million is very very far from the actual figure. So like you say, I strongly doubt that it is 8 million but there definitely is a shortfall.

Remember that the 8 millino figure is just a guess from someone at RamsTrust. In the article it doesn't say that GSE themselves said of a 8 million subsidy, just that there was a subsidy being paid by the group of investors.

I'm sure there was in a Tom Glick interview somewhere (DET/RD I can't remember now) who talked about the investors having to offset the club by a figure into the high hundreds of thousands mark a season. So 8 million is very very far from the actual figure. So like you say, I strongly doubt that it is 8 million but there definitely is a shortfall.

I suspect they're basing this on various email claims (allegedly by Appleby) that £25m has been put in,and averaged it over 3 years.If the £25m is correct then one might anticipate rather more than £8m in 09/10 and correspondingly less this year,otherwise it looks a bit suspicious.

Their suggestion (RT) that earlybird renewal deadline be extended was interesting.My challenge to the owners would be to offer an unconditional refund guarantee to early renewals,if exercised before the start of the season.This,I suggest,would swell the number of renewals significantly-if they were then hit by a large number of renewals it would be their own fault.

There's a good question -how many who've decided not to renew,or are wavering,would change their minds if a cast iron guarantee were in place?

I suspect they're basing this on various email claims (allegedly by Appleby) that £25m has been put in,and averaged it over 3 years.If the £25m is correct then one might anticipate rather more than £8m in 09/10 and correspondingly less this year,otherwise it looks a bit suspicious.

Their suggestion (RT) that earlybird renewal deadline be extended was interesting.My challenge to the owners would be to offer an unconditional refund guarantee to early renewals,if exercised before the start of the season.This,I suggest,would swell the number of renewals significantly-if they were then hit by a large number of renewals it would be their own fault.

There's a good question -how many who've decided not to renew,or are wavering,would change their minds if a cast iron guarantee were in place?

Brilliant idea Ramblur.

Needs emailing to Tom Glick.

This,I suggest,would swell the number of renewals significantly-if they were then hit by a large number of renewals it would be their own fault.

Should of course read "refunds".

Archived