Football Manager 2011

SavageRam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh Griffiths from Dundee, not world class but certainly good enough for the premier and usually available for 300k.

I signed him for £250k-£300k for my Huddersfield team and he is the best player I've ever bought. Notched 40+ league goals a season, 50+ including cup games. He even bagged 15 goals in 16 Scotland U21 games

Starting with a Championship/Premier League club is boring i think, true satisfaction comes from taking a lower league/non league club up the divisions. Got Margate into the Championship is probably my best achievement.

I used to be lower league, I took Halifax to the Championship and Alfreton to League One, but on last years game I decided to do something totally different, I started with NAC Breda in Holland, 3 league titles in 3 years, won the Europa League in my final year before taking over Atlas in Mexico for a couple of years, good challenge when you hardly know any players in your team and in your league

I signed him for £250k-£300k for my Huddersfield team and he is the best player I've ever bought. Notched 40+ league goals a season, 50+ including cup games. He even bagged 15 goals in 16 Scotland U21 games

Wolves signed him in real life for 150k apparently, i was pig sick when i saw that.

How do you make youth players good on Fooball manager 2010???

You can't make them "be good". Scout them before you buy them and your scout will tell you what you need to know (I have the maximum the board will allow me).

Once you have got your player for a bargain, make sure your coaches are up to scratch etc. Don't rush him in the first team too early or else he will peak and become no better either, you have to gradually get them into first team football

You can't make them "be good". Scout them before you buy them and your scout will tell you what you need to know (I have the maximum the board will allow me).

Once you have got your player for a bargain, make sure your coaches are up to scratch etc. Don't rush him in the first team too early or else he will peak and become no better either, you have to gradually get them into first team football

So It takes 2-3 seasons?

if you right click the short cut icon, u can "run editor" and edit the thing to how u want, i signed smithies, and tom cairney from hull city, ment to be the next frank lampard! lets hope he doesnt show the promise tomoz night! , but yeah i signed wheater from boro for 6 mil, scored no end of headers, and i signed half of chelseas kids. I started a newen as crawley town but then 2 days into it, i just couldnt commit to it, not after the f.a cup hurt lol :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

My mates started playing this a while a go, and whilst they discussed their progress got me interested so i thought why not, i'll lose a massive slice of my life engrossing myself into this game again...

...and there it is, the past 2 days spent ploughing through the free transfer list and finding some gems in Sylvinhio, Steve Finnan, Michael Ball and Bernard Mendy. Being offered Jay DeMerit and Olivier Kapo. Signing Corry Evans, Ryan Donaldson on loan and selling SHAUN BARKER...the guy wanted to move, caused an argument and threatened to break up the harmony of the squad so sent him on his way to Blackburn.

We are currently 5th in the table after 23 games, have only lost 5 and managing to grind out late wins or draws to keep the momentum going. I can't offer any more contacts out however, the board have tightened up and are constantly in negotiations with other consortiums about a takeover.

Really impressed thus far with the game, great layout and some handy functions with assistant manager/backroom advice. Obviously aided by the surprise great form, Bueno just doesn't stop scoring.

Up the football league we go!

Archived