6pts from the next three games ??

derbyram1994

Looking at the next three fixtures, Scunny(a), Hull(h) and Sheffield Utd(a) surely we should get 6pts, we should beat ssausagehorpe and sheffield. Starting to get reults now would be great as these games are in quick concession and our confidence would shoot up. If we get no points from these games then i would be really worried. If we did get 6pts or more from these games then i think the protests would quieten down alot, i hope not becuase surely we should be protesting against lack of investment and not our results.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at the next three fixtures, Scunny(a), Hull(h) and Sheffield Utd(a) surely we should get 6pts, we should beat ssausagehorpe and sheffield. Starting to get reults now would be great as these games are in quick concession and our confidence would shoot up. If we get no points from these games then i would be really worried. If we did get 6pts or more from these games then i think the protests would quieten down alot, i hope not becuase surely we should be protesting against lack of investment and not our results.

If we got no points I'd say we were relegated and deserve to be. If we got 6 we would be Championship next season I'd say. 3-4 points, keep on watching.

I have said before the aim of the season was to be midtable. You finish midtable by beating teams in the lower half and picking up points from those who have finished around you and the odd one from the top 6

So far we have beaten 6 of the bottom half and picked up points from Ipswich, Doncaster, Barnsley, Watford, Leeds, Millwall, Swansea and QPR. It just happened that we had a run of 12 games that featured a lot if the top half of the table. Forest twice, Leicester twice, Watford, Reading, Norwich and Millwall.

To get to midtable we need to win against Bristol, Sheff United, Ssausagehorpe Barnsley and Coventry; and at least draw with Palace and Boro away. This will mean we have cone out of the season with at least parity from fixtures with teams below 12th. They will have similar records to us against the top half and we should be sat mid table.

We won't get any more chances like this. 5 points is a must anything less including losing to Sheff U and I can't see us playing in this league next season

My main concern is the two away games in those 3. We've not been stellar away from home, only beating Preston, Ipswich and Donny away since the first game of the season. I'd really be happy with 6 points; will settle for 4. If we can scrape home wins against Coventry and/or Barnsley, plus 4 points from those 3, I think we've done just about enough.

I think a lot of the end of season concerns will be about how bad Sheff Utd are, not about what we can muster.

Ssausagehorpe is an absolute must win, they ship about 4 goals a game at home and if we fail to beat them then it tells us all we need to know.

Aye. If we can get a decent result, it should be Saturday.

I hope Nigel throws everything at it, none of these stupid formations.

Aye. If we can get a decent result, it should be Saturday.

I hope Nigel throws everything at it, none of these stupid formations.

Spot on mate. We know we can't defend for 90 min, not many teams can but we are especially bad are it. Nigel needs to think simple and score more goals than the opposition. I don't care about conceding 3 as long as we score 4!

I'm more confident of Hull at home than Scunny away. Don't know why.

Probably just the way Ssausagehorpe get Derby to play into their hands each time. They just get so many counter attacks on us. Plus they will be looking at this one as a chance to drag us deeper into the mess they're in.

At home the signs are still there of a winning team and i'm hoping that we can deliver another Ipswich performance. Something has to give sooner or later!! We got promoted winning games with worse performances than what we see at home now!! Somthing has to give! Hull are doing ok now but are hardly a side to be scared of like Leicester were.

Sheff Utd is the big one. They are pretty awful and are as skilled at finding ways to lose games as we are. They lose when they play OK. And they lose when they play poor. Like us. It'll be a good match but i think we'll have enough quality in attack if Nigel does away with Pearson and Pringle for these games.

Scunny (d) Hull (w) Sheff Utd (w).

It's all about the confidence.

Sheff U have yet to win under Adams, you just know his first win will be against us.

Scunny away will be harder than we expect, they are also due a win, so think we will scrape a draw at best.

Hull at home... 1-0 with Ayala to score the winner which would be just typical. Oh hang on, those things don't happen for us where players haunt previous clubs.

Sod it.... zero points (if we play as bad as Saturday).

Minimum needed is a win and a draw in the away games (must not lose to teams beneath us) any order but preferably getting the win at Ssausagehorpe first will aid confidence.

With the above I would as a minimum accept a draw against Hull.

Given recent performances, I'm amazed that anyone "expects" us to beat anyone - particularly away from home.

We will probably muster about three shots on target over the two away games and carve out chance after chance against Hull without scoring, only for Ayala to put through his own net in the 8th minute of stoppage time.

As you can see, my optimism has dissipated somewhat.

I'd be happy with 3 points.

Archived