Has Clough walked out?

WorksopRam

Just worried that people are even thinking about Savage, or anyone, just to replace Clough. If we are going to replace Clough, we need someone experienced, Clough's getting enough hassle being a non-league manager - Sav's got no credentials at all, apart from being a egotist.

Fair play MrsRam, last person i would want as next manager is Savage. As i said earlier first time i have not been up for second half in many years, this first was so dire. Just can't see where we are going from here!! Any how only just registered tonight so don't want to get into an argument. Probably too much beer n just been listenin to the smiths!!!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair play MrsRam, last person i would want as next manager is Savage. As i said earlier first time i have not been up for second half in many years, this first was so dire. Just can't see where we are going from here!! Any how only just registered tonight so don't want to get into an argument. Probably too much beer n just been listenin to the smiths!!!

Last thing you need after watching us play is a Smiths album and a gallon :(

In case you have all forgot we have a manager, a good young one too, think there are some clueless comments on here tonight. How many of you can actually kick a ball ? Have played the game? I know it's opinion but mine is that before you start thinking of Nigel going get theses yanks out first. If he doesn't do it with a good sized budget and I mean a few million, maybe then maybe I will agree but if we had Alex ferguson or Jose mourinho it wouldn't change a thing at the moment. Tell me you disagree and i' ll get the yellow van travelling

I would have to opt for Steve McClaren if we was going to get rid of Clough, or if Clough left.

however changing a manager isn't going to do anything, but if I was looking to invest money into the playing side, I don't think I'd 100% trust Clough with millions to spend, but as it were no-one is looking to do that at the minute.

In case you have all forgot we have a manager, a good young one too, think there are some clueless comments on here tonight. How many of you can actually kick a ball ? Have played the game? I know it's opinion but mine is that before you start thinking of Nigel going get theses yanks out first. If he doesn't do it with a good sized budget and I mean a few million, maybe then maybe I will agree but if we had Alex ferguson or Jose mourinho it wouldn't change a thing at the moment. Tell me you disagree and i' ll get the yellow van travelling

You've got my vote!

Why wouldn`t Ferguson, or Mourinho,make any difference?

I hate this type of thing. So Sir Alex and Jose couldn't do any better than Nigel? He's currently doing that good a job? Yet you call others clueless?

Money is a major major problem but Nigel isn't doing a fantastic job, he isn't doing just as well as any other manager would do here. He's doing better than a lot of managers would but so far he's not done anything to show he is or is going to be a good manager.

Maybe a " Cloughs our man " thread is required ! Shame on the doubters playing right into the hands of GSE. Shocks me any major blame on Clough with the board as it is. Tactical decisions ? You telling me the worlds best haven't made errors ? Arsene Wenger a **** manager after last weeks 4.4 at Newcastle, sack him now ! Idiotic isn't it ?

Proof please?

There are currently 55 managers below DCFC in the football league, do you believe Clough is better than them all?

SAF and Jose Mourinho can man-manage and get the best out of their players.. NC can't.. Proof? Probably our 4 best players IMO (abilty wise) all didn't start today.. Bailey, Cywka, Leacock and Bueno. Why? These 4 were major contributions to our 'winning team' 2 months ago.

I hate this type of thing. So Sir Alex and Jose couldn't do any better than Nigel? He's currently doing that good a job? Yet you call others clueless?

Money is a major major problem but Nigel isn't doing a fantastic job, he isn't doing just as well as any other manager would do here. He's doing better than a lot of managers would but so far he's not done anything to show he is or is going to be a good manager.

Savage as manager is clueless in anybody's book !

Maybe a " Cloughs our man " thread is required ! Shame on the doubters playing right into the hands of GSE. Shocks me any major blame on Clough with the board as it is. Tactical decisions ? You telling me the worlds best haven't made errors ? Arsene Wenger a **** manager after last weeks 4.4 at Newcastle, sack him now ! Idiotic isn't it ?

The difference is his success outweighs his mistakes. We're all human, we all make mistakes. It's about limiting them and making more good decisions than bad. Can you say that about Nigel? Tell me his good decisions, tell me how many times you think he's got his tactics, etc spot on in the 2 years he's been here

i take it you don't question his team selection :confused:

Where you been CF.

Clough said tonight that he has a good enough squad, sort of blows your theory out of the window pal.

He may be your love child:p, but he is still out of his depth, and makes pathetic excuses, like we have played well in the past , so we can do it again, I would like to see that, when half that team are unavailable, now that would be something.

Why wouldn`t Ferguson, or Mourinho,make any difference?

Because they would have no money and a threadbare squad, the money he has had has been very limited. Blame him for Porter or whoever but your not getting top signings for that money are you. Tactically maybe he feels that he has to react to a threat such as the pace of Forests attack by switching players to different position, another indication of a threadbare squad. Tell me anybody, who is the reserves right back ? Doesn't roll off the Tongue does it, remember days when we had deputy for these positions, now it's our midfielder Paul Green, very difficult for Nigel .

Lastly unlike the promotion under Davies and the Prem year, the unbeaten run this season we had was the best football we played since Jim Smith was around, was Clough the wrong man then ? Me thinks not

i take it you don't question his team selection :confused:

At times yes ! I'm not blind but like I say he's working under difficult decisions, get the backing rightband he fails then I'm all for a change but he hasnt had that yet !!

Where you been CF.

Clough said tonight that he has a good enough squad, sort of blows your theory out of the window pal.

He may be your love child:p, but he is still out of his depth, and makes pathetic excuses, like we have played well in the past , so we can do it again, I would like to see that, when half that team are unavailable, now that would be something.

Our best team this season... 4-2-3-1

Fielding (GK) Brayford (RB) Barker (CB) Leacock (CB) Moxey (LB) Bailey (CM) Savage (CM) Green (AM) Bueno (AM) Commons (AM) Kuqi (ST)

How many started against Leicester? 5..

2 have been sold: Moxey and Commons

2 have returned to other clubs: Kuqi and Fielding

1 has been blasted and may not feature again anytime soon: Leacock

1 has been shunned as he isn't 'the fighting type': Bueno

1 Is constantly played out of position, despite being top with assists: Green

1 Is now past it and can't physically chase the game anymore: Savage

1 Was played out of position, then dropped, then ill, and now...?: Bailey

I won't even mention the Cywka incident.. Talk about having a decent team literally destroyed in the space of 3 months.. I bet NC can't wait to start all over again in the summer, assuming he's given the chance.

Because they would have no money and a threadbare squad, the money he has had has been very limited. Blame him for Porter or whoever but your not getting top signings for that money are you. Tactically maybe he feels that he has to react to a threat such as the pace of Forests attack by switching players to different position, another indication of a threadbare squad. Tell me anybody, who is the reserves right back ? Doesn't roll off the Tongue does it, remember days when we had deputy for these positions, now it's our midfielder Paul Green, very difficult for Nigel .

Lastly unlike the promotion under Davies and the Prem year, the unbeaten run this season we had was the best football we played since Jim Smith was around, was Clough the wrong man then ? Me thinks not

As I have said before, it was good to watch, but it was against mainly sides worse than us,and with Commons, Kuqi, Fielding, Moxey:) etc,, they ain't here.

How many good sides have we beaten two, three, thats about it.

The better sides didn`t let us play, good managers you see, worked us out, then Clough gets found out, no plan B, hence one win in twelve.

Now Mr F, or Mr M would have a plan B, and C, that the difference. IMHO

Not quite, Ferguson, etc. wouldn't put up with the shamles that we are in at the moment, would Ericson be at Leicester if they didn't promise him a good squad, or deliver on those promises?

The board have got what they are paying for, an inexperienced manager with a threadbare squad, neither the manager or the players are good enough for this level.

Archived