Glick's quote on Ayala

dabber

I have had a bit of sympathy for Glick lately but quotes like this remind me of the spin. It is almost like he believes we have signed him ("our player", "secured his signature") and not just got him on loan, we didn't did we?

In defence, we were told Daniel Ayala was ready to train this Monday to be on the bench Tuesday against Ipswich and play on Saturday at Portsmouth. It turns out his hamstring wasn't ready.

"What we have done, is we have been able to beat six other clubs to a top central defender. He (Ayala) will just not be here for two or three weeks but he is our player. We have secured his signature and I think it is a real coup.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had a bit of sympathy for Glick lately but quotes like this remind me of the spin. It is almost like he believes we have signed him ("our player", "secured his signature") and not just got him on loan, we didn't did we?

In defence, we were told Daniel Ayala was ready to train this Monday to be on the bench Tuesday against Ipswich and play on Saturday at Portsmouth. It turns out his hamstring wasn't ready.

"What we have done, is we have been able to beat six other clubs to a top central defender. He (Ayala) will just not be here for two or three weeks but he is our player. We have secured his signature and I think it is a real coup.

The reference to him being ours and securing his signature is very misleading if its only a loan.

Anybody know anything here?

Yep, late is right, but imo its the defence that really needs to gel for the rest of the team to thrive. If we stop letting in goals and we keep getting the kind of work rate that ben davies (particularly) and the rest put in against Ipswich we can still end mid-table. Heres hoping :)

Archived