New Black Ops DLC

Alex W

Anyone else got it?

Mate of mine went and bought it this afternoon and we had a few hours on it.

The mulitplayer maps are all pretty good, not a fan of 'Stadium' (I think that's the name) but the rest seem very good maps. Berlin Wall looks like it could be absoloutely manic on Free-For-All.

The new zombie map is fantastic, i've heard there are some new drops but i've not seen those yet. Two new random box features, a Russian Doll grenade that explodes a few times and a huge grenade that forms a black hole for 15 seconds. Both very useful.

Space Monkeys instead of Hounds seems a little too easy to defend against, they always go after the Juggernog machine and so you can just set up there once they turn up and defend it without any real problems.

Big fan of the Space Hoppers too, transport you back to the start from several spots on the map. Just a quick relief break if you need it. Very good idea.

So, anyone else had it? Thoughts? :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a few hours on it earlier. Played the new maps in combat training before I encounter them in rotation and get my @rse handed to me.

Ascension is brilliant. Eerie in B&W until you switch the power on. Huge map, got lost a few times. Lots of potential camping points though to make a stand until the later rounds.

I think with the right system of which doors to open and which not to you can easily hold out till the later rounds. Random box is either very good to you or terrible though, had a shocker with it one round.

I think the double pistols have been patched too, they seem alot more powerful against the zombies now.

Yeah the random box is like that on Kino as well. Keeps it interesting though I guess.

Zombies seem able to climb a lot higher than they can on previous maps and/or can jump higher. Either way I'd backed up to what I thought was a pretty safe ledge only to get attacked from behind because one of the buggers had done a bionic-man power jump!

I have mixed results with it on kino, had either a brilliant run with it on Ascension or truly awful. Ballistic knife, crosbow, pistol, ballistic knife, FAL...........thanks a bunch you useless f******g box :mad: :D

Haha, they do seem to be a bit more lively. More of a challenge is good though. The Stakeout is still weapon of choice for zombie combat though :cool: Oh I do love that gun.

Yeah Stakeout and a nice LMG or wonder weapon.

I've had those kind of runs, usually on Der Riese. 20,000 points to spend on the box and come away with the molotovs or something stupid! Still, does balance out as other times I've got the MG42, PPSh and monkeybombs on my first three goes! :D

I think Ascension's the best zombie map by far so far on BlOps.

New mp maps are a ball ache at the moment, everyone running ghost and sat in corners.

Kowloon will be good when people start moving, Berlin wall not even reached the score limit yet, Stadium everyone fights for that gangway at the front and the other one isnt bad but you've got to be alert as theres loads of camping spots.

Sounds like the second MW2 map pack.

I downloaded that, played it for an hour and then promptly deleted it again. Shame as I loved Strike and Vacant redux, but Trailer Park, Carnival and Fuel were ******* irritating beyond belief. Full on camp-fest. Not even my OMA noobtube could sort them out......:frown::D

The MW2 got better within a few hours I thought, this one I can't see changing.

Ak74u, Ghost, Second chance and find a nice doorway to sit in or patch of grass. Saying that Ive only played them in tdm. Will be hammering headquarters at the weekend with the double xp.

Ohhhhhhh how I loathe the noobtubers :mad: Ruin games they do, damn you StaffsRam! :p

More zombie maps is the way to go, do it well and there's no end to how many maps you can sell because people will always buy them if they're good enough.

Ohhhhhhh how I loathe the noobtubers :mad: Ruin games they do, damn you StaffsRam! :p

Eye-of-the-needle stuff with my tube shots now! :D

Nothing better than taking out some tw@t sniping at the far end of the map with a precision tube shot. ;)

More zombie maps is the way to go, do it well and there's no end to how many maps you can sell because people will always buy them if they're good enough.

You have to wonder how long it'll be before they hit on the idea of just releasing a zombie game in its own right. Perhaps a collector's edition, with the W@W maps, and all of the eventual BlOps maps - that would be about 10 maps.

Eye-of-the-needle stuff with my tube shots now! :D

Nothing better than taking out some tw@t sniping at the far end of the map with a precision tube shot. ;)

You have to wonder how long it'll be before they hit on the idea of just releasing a zombie game in its own right. Perhaps a collector's edition, with the W@W maps, and all of the eventual BlOps maps - that would be about 10 maps.

Hatred doesn't even cover it :mad: :D

I know it's in the game so deemed fair play, but it just seems incredibly cheap to me. Having said that I only use the AUG now, used it on a PC shooter game and i'm so comfortable with it I don't use anything else.

Having said that I do tend to RPG any noobtubers at the first chance I get, some small revenge in there for me :p

It would make alot of money for sure, all the current maps on the next CoD plus three more and the continously releasing more. It'd be a huge money spinner.

Alex are you still playing on your boyfriends Xbox or have you got yours sorted yet?

It's just I would really love to knife you in the back of the head, I've wanted to do it ever since you joined and cod gives me the chance to do so.

Alex are you still playing on your boyfriends Xbox or have you got yours sorted yet?

It's just I would really love to knife you in the back of the head, I've wanted to do it ever since you joined and cod gives me the chance to do so.

I had the Xbox back before crimbo, I got a week out of it, and hey presto - fecked oncemore.

And aren't you the charmer. I wrote a poem about being stabbed, a bloody good one. (I know, that's just what a dangerous situation needs, lyrical wonder. It's enough to get you stabbed again)

Besides which i'd shoot the **** out of you long before you got near me :p Know your place, Daveo. Been invited to an MLG event ya know :cool:

Fear not, there's a noobtube round with Daveo's name on it. ;)

Back of the head, in the face, in the balls, I'm indiscriminate, but it's coming. :p

I believe YR had a similar motto :eek: :D

And good good, always nice to know the pain will be shared :p (Another YR line there too)

MLG really? Moronic Ladyboy Group

(don't yellow me mods, just playing with Alex, he knows it's banter)

You've got it all wrong!

It's the Moose Ladelling Generation. We use Medival catapults as ladels in an attempt to fling Mooses in the general direction of each other and therefore increase the chances of mating.

And i've got to tell you.........it's going f*cking badly, they always die. There must be a flaw in the plan somewhere......

Maybe it's those Moronic Ladyboys i've got manning the catapults. Boycie never organises them well enough :mad: As their leader, he really should be doing better.

Archived