Player of the season.

Dangerous

A defenders primary duty is to defend and you don't see many wingers getting past Cole. I hate the guy but Englands best player over the last 2 years by a long long way. The fact that he was voted as such by people who regularly boo him at Wembley pays testament to that.

I agree. Horrible little fella.

But a fine LB. Can stop any winger in the world. A brilliant LB imo.

There is far more fierce compettition in the world for all other positions though. I mean, when you look at RB's there are two brilliant RB's just in Brazils squad! Being the best LB in the world isn't easily done still though!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True!

Look at England, We all know they're a bag of cack, And (somehow:confused:) Cashley Cole was voted player of the year last year. When a team usually do well (E.G Man U last season) then awards will go to more attacking players such as that ape-like moron who's only ever had one decent season!!!

He won it because he is the best left back in the world by a mile, and has been for some time. As for rooney, get rwal will you, the guy is class, just like he showed again this weekend. Too many people in england like putting down our best players, look at me i think rooneys crap, i must know loads about football.

He won it because he is the best left back in the world by a mile, and has been for some time. As for rooney, get rwal will you, the guy is class, just like he showed again this weekend. Too many people in england like putting down our best players, look at me i think rooneys crap, i must know loads about football.

He really isn't.....Arguably considered to be...But not BY A MILE.

And maybe I was a bit harsh to state he's only had one decent season lol. But to become a player of the season, You really have to stand out or over achieve. I.E Any manager that takes a championship team to the PL and the following season finishes 8th (for example) may be considered MANAGER of the year because of the situation.

Wayne Rooney is over-criticised (including by myself) yes. But that's because everyone expects 20+ goals every season. To pick up player of the year whilst scoring 11/12 goals as a TOP teams established striker is generally looked as poor.

Whilst Ronaldo was at united, Rooney was somewhat over-shadowed. He had a brilliant season and isn't having one now. Not as woeful as people may say.....But disappointing none the less.

• 2 weeks later...

With the end of the 2010/11 season just under a month away, it is that time of the year where attentions turn to who the Derby County supporters rate as their Player of the Season.

The winner of this season's vote will lift the distinguished Jack Stamps Trophy and join the illustrious list of past winners going right back to the 1960s and Derby's glory years under Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

Defensive linchpin Shaun Barker was last season's winner in his first season with the Rams after a string of colossal performances at the heart of the defence, as well as a valuable five goals at the other end of the pitch.

Now it's over to you to pick your player of the season and decide who will lift the trophy and join such heroes as Roy McFarland, Kevin Hector, Archie Gemmill, Mark Wright, Steve Howard and countless other favourites in being honoured by the fans.

The last nine months have had provided everyone connected to Derby County with some thrilling moments in an action packed Championship season.

Highlights include the six-game winning run back in the Autumn, when the Rams played some of the best football seen at Pride Park for many years, the excellent 3-2 victory at Doncaster Rovers in October and the 'double' over old rivals Leeds United.

There's an extra bonus for voting too as one fan that votes for the winning player will be selected to have their photograph with the winner - and the Jack Stamps Trophy - pitchside ahead of Derby's final home game of the season against Bristol City on Saturday 30th April 2011.

Send your vote via e-mail to webmaster@dcfc.co.uk or write to Player of the Year, Media Department, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL. Please remember to include your name and contact number.

A voting form will also be included in next Saturday's matchday programme against Burnley and all votes must be received no later than 5pm on Thursday 28th April 2010.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2337747,00.html?

Archived