Player of the season.

Dangerous

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly wouldn't go overboard and say that Brayford has been excellent as he hasn't. He has been the best of a poor bunch from the games I have watched. Credit to the lad though. He has settled in very well.

The "he'll play for England" comments are surely tongue in cheek though.

Who else could possibly win the player of the season? The only other possible candidates (players who have played for the most part) are Barker, Roberts, Green, Savage and Pearson.

Barker has been poor by his standards and looks to have lost a yard of any pace that he had.

Roberts has struggled to settle in and didn't look suited to a 4-3-3-1 formation.

Green has been used in just about every position to his detriment.

Savage's legs have most certainly gone.

And that leaves Pearson whom I believe gets a very hard time on this site and a lot of it isn't justified.

Selecting a player of the season from this Derby side is a little like picking a Miss World from a group of the ugliest women.

I think probably Barker yet again, throughout the campaign a few have shined through like brayford, just then later on his forms lets him down, remember he was on his brilliant form getting crosses in like mad and scoring like a striker should?

Players of the season=Barker/Cywaka/Brayford(in parts)

Barker......? You need locking up if you think he is the player of the season...He is only just the best player we have called Shaun.. Like always it is a one horse race, Brayford by a mile...although if we were to consider players who have moved on etc, then Commons and Varney are also up there.

And a special acheivement award to the captain fantastic.

Barker......? You need locking up if you think he is the player of the season...He is only just the best player we have called Shaun.. Like always it is a one horse race, Brayford by a mile...although if we were to consider players who have moved on etc, then Commons and Varney are also up there.

And a special acheivement award to the captain fantastic.

How on earth is Varney up their as our player of the season, he played 1 game lol and he has been awefull for Blackpool since christmas.

How on earth is Varney up their as our player of the season, he played 1 game lol and he has been awefull for Blackpool since christmas.

Because the competition is Barker, Leacock, Bywater, Pearson, Green, Roberts.....actually thinking about it I think that Gordon Guthrie has got a chance.

Seriously, add Frank Fielding to the list...Brayford first then Fielding second.

No one else should get one vote between them.

I think the only reason people are considering Commons is the goals he scored, for the time that he was here Brayford was everybit as good performance wise and at least he stuck with us for the whole season

Commons shouldn't be counted as he jumped ship halfway through probably be sav (so called best player) Brayford should get it though as he's played every single game. Young player of the year? Cywka/Bailey ?

Brayford has it for me, performed well both at full back and in central defence when needed.

Young player for me would be Conor Doyle and if there was an award for best loan player, it would be a toss up between Bueno (magic feet) and Fielding (magic hands)

I would love it if we could keep, Ayala, Bueno and Fielding, who knows, it may benefit Ayala and Bueno, and their clubs, to remain here on season long loans and keep playing regularly and as for Fielding, as I have said before, I believe the deal has already been agreed in principle.

Archived