Player of the season.

Dangerous

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think probably Barker yet again, throughout the campaign a few have shined through like brayford, just then later on his forms lets him down, remember he was on his brilliant form getting crosses in like mad and scoring like a striker should?

Players of the season=Barker/Cywaka/Brayford(in parts)

You jest, but if we don’t have some revelatory loan signings, then the season is in danger of petering out.

Leaving us with Kris Commons having scored maybe twice as many goals as any other player in the squad.

I which case Commons would be a justifiable choice for “Player Of The Season†surely unprecedented to award it to a player who left in January?

You jest, but if we don’t have some revelatory loan signings, then the season is in danger of petering out.

Leaving us with Kris Commons having scored maybe twice as many goals as any other player in the squad.

I which case Commons would be a justifiable choice for “Player Of The Season†surely unprecedented to award it to a player who left in January?

Commons scored the goals but Brayford's performances have been far superior.

POTY - Brayford

YPOTY - O'Brien (plays tonight and becomes a star)

Commons scored the goals but Brayford's performances have been far superior.

Agreed - but Player of the Year and Man Of The Match type awards always seem to favour the goalscorers, regardless of what else they have(n't) achieved on the pitch

Must be because most people that vote are a bit thick ;)

I think probably Barker yet again, throughout the campaign a few have shined through like brayford, just then later on his forms lets him down, remember he was on his brilliant form getting crosses in like mad and scoring like a striker should?

Players of the season=Barker/Cywaka/Brayford(in parts)

What games have you been watching? Barker's been w*nk in a lot of games this season. When played somewhere near central midfield i think Green has been quite good this year, improved upon previous seasons imo.

Got to be brayford. When the team was at it's best him and Commons were a league above. KC would go missing but hit the goals that counted and Brayford was just outstanding throughout. Then when we have been more Brayford has been the 'best of a bad bunch' for want of a better phrase.

So regardless brayford has been our player of the year so far though I'm no daft enough to think KC wouldn't have won it had be still been here.

Agreed - but Player of the Year and Man Of The Match type awards always seem to favour the goalscorers, regardless of what else they have(n't) achieved on the pitch

Must be because most people that vote are a bit thick ;)

most probably. if commons had stayed till the end of the season then he would have been a heavy favourite but now he's gone he's got no chance.

Bailey will be up there if he can find his early season form again

Commons was a definite up until he became a boyhood Celtic fan and fell in love with their fans and it's the best club i've ever been at and...... yeah, he'll be at Rangers in 3 years time.

Brayford now. Needs to remind us of his attacking threat. He's twice the player when you add his attacking. Worked well with Green i thought because Green covered him unlike Cywka. Brayford for me so far

It would probably have to be Commons in terms of influence on the team.

Brayford has played well in his first full season (a very difficult one), although the performances against forest and Watford stick in the throat a little.

Forest was hardly his fault and he was probably our best defender that day. He was pretty poor at Watford but a young defender is always going to make mistakes

To be honest it's the fault of the manager that he played at centre half in either game.

So strange how such an accomplished right back is so weak at centre half. If he played right back every game possible a) we'd be a few points better off and b) he'd be hands down player of the season. I actually think he's one of the best right backs I've seen at the club in years.

To be honest it's the fault of the manager that he played at centre half in either game.

So strange how such an accomplished right back is so weak at centre half. If he played right back every game possible a) we'd be a few points better off and b) he'd be hands down player of the season. I actually think he's one of the best right backs I've seen at the club in years.

he's actually alright at CB, we just miss him so much at RB when he plays there

Really? I think he's not up to it at centre half, at all. Maybe that is emphasised by the fact he's missed at right back, but still.

Saw something on here about Barker - he hasn't been himself this season. Has had a few blinding performances (forest home), but half the man he was last year. Thoughts?

Archived