Chris Iweluemo - Burnley

Bingy

just found this on burnley os FYI

Striker Chris Iwelumo was in talks with Preston last Friday regarding a move to Deepdale. It didn't happen but Big Chris could still be set to leave Turf Moor before the end of today when the transfer window closes.

Preston agreed a fee with Burnley to sign Iwelumo, a player who has scored hat tricks against them for both Wolves and the Clarets, and it was expected to go through on Friday. It didn't happen and that was because of them being unable to agree personal terms with the striker who joined us on a two year deal in June last year.

There were suggestions elsewhere that Preston pulled out once they'd signed Leon Clarke from QPR on loan but that's not the case and Iwelumo travelled to speak to them after the Clarke deal had been completed.

The news from Deepdale that it was off looked to be that, but now there is news of two other Championship clubs keen to take him if a deal can be struck before tonight's 11:00 p.m. deadline. They are, as yet, unnamed clubs but sources suggest both could be in the south of England.If nothing goes through then Iwelumo will remain with Burnley and a squad that is otherwise expected to remain unchanged today with neither outgoings nor incomings

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

There was a flurry of Twitter activity yesterday evening suggesting that Iwellumo was one of our 2 striker transfer targets referred to by Glick.

Does anyone know whether this has any basis in fact or is it just the usual unfounded speculation???

There was a flurry of Twitter activity yesterday evening suggesting that Iwellumo was one of our 2 striker transfer targets referred to by Glick.

Does anyone know whether this has any basis in fact or is it just the usual unfounded speculation???

It wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the small, secret signings that tend to crop up.

How anyone can miss an open goal like that is beyond me.

sometimes your kicking leg leaves it when it gets a shout from your standing leg....

but your standing leg - which is in no real position to get a clean strike - then just freezes at the vital moment.....

your other limbs look on in disbelief as your standing leg makes a right hash of it....

but your standing leg gets sick and tired of seeing the other leg score all the goals and get all the glory, and it thinks ' sod it...next chance that comes I'm having it'....its like a sibling rivalry sort of thing....

As long as the two legs don't start scrapping as you walk away the embarrassment can usually be contained.

How many strikers do we need?!

It's a bit like Pro Evo, there is always one team (usually Chelsea) who buy about 20 strikers and then end up with Van Basten, Stoichkov, Eusebio, Puskas, Ronaldo and Lineker on the bench because Pele and Maradonna start.....Actually, scrap that. It's nothing like it, Clough would have Robinson ahead of the lot. He works hard doesn't he!

Only 2 if they are good- explains why we have so many!:oops:

I was born in Derby but when i live in Iceland for 10 years then i was visting my father in iceland when Maguire score this goal from half way line and everyone in Iceland talk about it. Then when Derby try and sign him me and my dad have a party because of it and i believe he wil be our best player. Iwelumo will not be needed

Archived