Aw, I feel bad now..

ladyram

I introduced my daughters friend (who's 13) this morning to the dark and dangerous world of

coffee :eek: her pops doesn't let her have any because of the caffeine (not because of an allergy or anything though) her parents are religous folks from what I can gather and have rather different views to mine.

Anyways, she wanted to try it and I asked her how her olds would feel about it to which she replied - well, they're not here are they? Wasn't sure what to do, she knows her own mind afterall so I let her have some.

It was only half a cup of coffee but I feel bad now, hope she doesn't ask me for another cup. Here's me thinking I was a responsible parent...:frown: Been bothering me all day, am I bad? or is this all a storm in a coffee cup?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banned from drinking coffee?? Whats wrong with these people lol, if the young girl wants to drink it then i'd say thats her decision not her parents, believing in god(s) doesn't give them the right to be control freaks.

Stick the kettle on ladyram ;)

That's kind of what I thought too. She isn't allowed to go to Starbuck's either though, or to have a Coke. Feel a bit sorry for her actually.

I suggested to her to maybe ask her olds to buy in decaff stuff but she didn't know what decaff meant, poor love.

It's always stressful when you have someone else's kids, but ladyram, you seem to have had a 'quaker' kid - as long as she (he) aint allergic to owt - it's fine.

My daughters best mate has a peanut allergy - now that's when I panic. :eek:

aww poor girl coffee has nothing on a redbull ;)

MrsRam its hard what to give isnt it my youngest had coeliacs disease and a nut allergy i need about a full day when i go shopping to check everything before i buy it. she never gets invited out anywhere tho as her friends parents say they are petrified of giving her things they shouldnt :frown:

Yes Lyndsey, it's whatever your used to. She's got a pen thingy, which she knows to use - but she's a teenager, so I have this vision that she's going to just keel over anytime, without knowing.

I sit looking at her, and she glares at me, and my daughter glares at me, and I'm like.......Everyone OK? (high pitched voice)

That's kind of what I thought too. She isn't allowed to go to Starbuck's either though, or to have a Coke. Feel a bit sorry for her actually.

I suggested to her to maybe ask her olds to buy in decaff stuff but she didn't know what decaff meant, poor love.

I think you should feel bad.

Giving her coffee without adding a couple of whisky measures to it is just selfish! :eek:

Just wait for when the kid argues with the parents about not having coffee, and she screams "well LadyRam *obviously she wouldn't have shouted this name, unless she is known as LadyRam in real life?* let me have it! In fact she lets me have anything I want!"

Turn your phone off Missus!:rolleyes:

It's always stressful when you have someone else's kids, but ladyram, you seem to have had a 'quaker' kid - as long as she (he) aint allergic to owt - it's fine.

My daughters best mate has a peanut allergy - now that's when I panic. :eek:

Just to say that I'm a quaker - and am just enjoying my cup of coffee!!( caffeinated!) Quakers don't have any restrictions on what you can and can't do as a basic principle is that each individual conscience makes its choice!

You'll burn in hell ladyram, for all eternity, at quite high temperatures.

:D

Aye - straight to hell for me then :D:D at least I'll be warm, can't stand the cold

To Lynds and Mrs - your predicaments must be very tricky and I really sympathise with you both :frown: I can relate to the high pitch voice though. My daughters mate stayed the night and after a lecture this morning at 3.35 after they'd woke us up yacking, they trooped off to bed with a cup of tea each. I couldn't be arsed saying owt though, I was too knackered but enquired in said voice this morning after I dared stick my head around the door..

In the nursery where I work, there's a little un who's diabetic and the nursing staff have gone into panic overdrive if his bloods are anything other than spot on and fret like mad over wether or not to give him an apricot :eek: you can hear the tone of their voices getting higher too.

Do men suffer from this same affliction I wonder? Or is it just a woman thing?

Just wait for when the kid argues with the parents about not having coffee, and she screams "well LadyRam *obviously she wouldn't have shouted this name, unless she is known as LadyRam in real life?* let me have it! In fact she lets me have anything I want!"

Turn your phone off Missus!:rolleyes:

I know, if the phone rings, I'm going to put Dav on, deny all knowledge and make a fast exit. :D

Archived