Transfers, GSE, Money

tropicalgrav

I know a lot can be read into these facts, and perhaps some are not strictly accurate, but these are the figures, season by season, since GSE took over of the transfer activity.

I know wages have not been take into account, but I just wanted to show the actual transfer figures. Only players who have a transfer fee are included:

Season 07/08

Transfers In: Savage, Villa, Sterjovski - £4m

Transfers Out: Howard, Oakley, Griffin, Macken - £3.25m

Season 08/09

Transfers In: Davies, Dickinson, Hulse, Ellington(loan fee) - £4m

Transfers Out: Earnshaw, Miller, Jones, Fagan - £6.6m

Season 09/10

Transfers In: Moxey, Barker - £1.4m

Transfers Out: Mears, Villa, Dickinson, Nyatanga - £2.8m

Season 10/11 - cont

Transfers In: Brayford, Bailey, Davies - £1.3m

Transfers Out: Hulse, Commons - £1.3m

Totals:

In -£10.7m

Out - £13.95m

As I said, I'm here to give facts not to give opinions.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not best pleased with the situation, but you also have to take into account signing on fees for all the players signed on "free transfers" and having to pay off the likes of claude davis.

Even so, I would assume the net spend will be a negative sum, albeit a small one

You've missed some players, Varney and Martin for example.

You've included the loan fee we paid for Ellington but missed off the other twenty or so, some like Bueno, Stoor and Tonge could have been pretty sizable. Also we would have got fees in for players, such as Barnes and Mears, when they were loaned out.

Also, at least half of those players inyour list were transferred for undisclosed fees. How do you come to your figures?

Whilst I think your point is a valid one - GSE appear to have made a small profit on transfers, calling it fact is somewhat pushing the truth. When you take into account agents and signing on fees they probably have made a small loss. That makes me question there approach more than if they had actually made some money. GSE seem to be failing both on and off the field.

I believe that the board have bought £16m worth of shares and that the debt which at peak may have been over £50 has been reduced to £12m. However if we getr releghated, which is certainly possible with the current squad, the reduction in revenue is likely to see a sizeable increase in the debt. The biggest worry for me is nothing is coming through the academy, youth team or reserves, including yet another poor performance in the youth cup, and yet another loss to a lower division side.

I believe that the board have bought £16m worth of shares and that the debt which at peak may have been over £50 has been reduced to £12m. However if we getr releghated, which is certainly possible with the current squad, the reduction in revenue is likely to see a sizeable increase in the debt. The biggest worry for me is nothing is coming through the academy, youth team or reserves, including yet another poor performance in the youth cup, and yet another loss to a lower division side.

Your numbers are miles out, John, but share your worry on the other points

Whatever the numbers on these transfers in and out, Ramblur has done great work on the level of investment and, even being generous for the areas of ambiguity, GSE's investment is still roughly £20million light on the £50million they promised when gaining control.

That remains my issue, because had they brought it with them, all of these debates would have been null and void. Lack of investment is the crux of the matter.

Whatever the numbers on these transfers in and out, Ramblur has done great work on the level of investment and, even being generous for the areas of ambiguity, GSE's investment is still roughly £20million light on the £50million they promised when gaining control.

That remains my issue, because had they brought it with them, all of these debates would have been null and void. Lack of investment is the crux of the matter.

About 3 months ago Ramblur wrote a post about some information he recieved which might put a different angle on things.

Will that ever come to lighjt ramblur? i know you didn't want to mention it at the time as it was confidential - is there any chance of letting out of the bag now?

I'm really struggling to see what the board are trying to achieve - and I just wish we could no for sure either way...

Until NC comes out and publically says he's had enough - I've got to suspect it's a mutual plan.. but god these are tough times to keep the faith...

A few bad results and everyone starts questioning GSE...you bandwagon jumper Pete:D

About 3 months ago Ramblur wrote a post about some information he recieved which might put a different angle on things.

Will that ever come to lighjt ramblur? i know you didn't want to mention it at the time as it was confidential - is there any chance of letting out of the bag now?

I'm really struggling to see what the board are trying to achieve - and I just wish we could no for sure either way...

Until NC comes out and publically says he's had enough - I've got to suspect it's a mutual plan.. but god these are tough times to keep the faith...

I think Ramblur said it would be verifiable in the next accounts, and that he would wait till then to comment further.

I admit to being as thick as a whale omlette but i just can't get my head around why these people have bought into our club.

Is there any benefit re; tax exposure in one juristiction if you can claim to be investing in a sporting franchise in another juristiction?

I seem to recall some tax dodge in the 80's when those with money started buying up large swathes of woodland in scotland.

Archived