Clough Out?

Dangerous

Its not just that. You look to your senior pros to take a chance like that to settle the rest down.

It makes my blood boil. I'm still getting over Lampard and Gerrard both missing those penalties against Portugal when we probably would have gone on to win the Euro's.

I don't hold a grudge but I hope he goes to Rangers and suffers high cholesterol bought on by excessive consumption of deep-fried mars bars.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. First time poster.

Wasn't happy wiv what I seen 2 nite. I think cloughy got it completely wrong tactically. Green is 1 of the hardest working midfielders in the championship & Addison 1 of th best defenders so why play them out of position along with brayford. Not impressed 2nite.

Worried & fearfull of our future!!

hi rocco,

i agree with you m8 worried for the future, perhaps the next thing for the board to now would be to deflect the bullets and sack clough,

giving the fans something to ponder over as to who will be our next manager,

the more i read the posts the more people are dissapointed with the board ,

surely they must know, and if so are the just riding the wave , sticking two fingers up at the derby fan untill a viable option is available?

Would You Come

If you was a up and coming football player,and needed to move to a club with skill and ambition to further your career ,would you move to Derby County. Now be honest lads,as much as we love our rams,we are not a light for those lads out there are. Who is to blame,The Board or the manager,Ask yourselves Would Brian have put up with it,or walked ???

Sorry if i am negative but i have just got back from CRAWLEY

After the storm of anger and frustration has subsided i can't help but feel that if Commons had scored the penalty, we'd have relaxed, played a bit of football and picked them off for a 3-1 win.

You expect your best players to do what's needed and stick the ball in the net. Commons let us down tonight with his weak penalty.

It just did'nt seem important enough to him.

Got to agree with you uttox, thought sav should have took it personally.

UNDECIDED!

amazed that people are still blindly following him:confused:

i used to be massive clough supporter but i think he has 2 games to save his derby career.

Why? For being midtable in the championship.. So what if he wins the next 2 and we're back in the playoffs? Still the worst season in ages as someone else mentioned?

There is no one out there that can motivate this team (without investment) into a top 10 position in the Championship...

No-one.

He's not even doing a bad job, what was people expecting.. To win the FA Cup and finish in the top 6?

Sunderland lost at home to Notts County, not to mention the 5-1 drubbing at the fiercest rivals.. Don't see anyone calling for Bruces head..

Why? For being midtable in the championship.. So what if he wins the next 2 and we're back in the playoffs? Still the worst season in ages as someone else mentioned?

There is no one out there that can motivate this team (without investment) into a top 10 position in the Championship...

No-one.

He's not even doing a bad job, what was people expecting.. To win the FA Cup and finish in the top 6?

Sunderland lost at home to Notts County, not to mention the 5-1 drubbing at the fiercest rivals.. Don't see anyone calling for Bruces head..

totally agree, Clough is a victim of his early season success. People now believe that we should be in the play-offs all the time

totally agree, Clough is a victim of his early season success. People now believe that we should be in the play-offs all the time

Yep, and we all know how that ends up, if you're not prepared.:eek:

No-one.

sunderland are in the premiership!

we are absailing down the championship.

clough HAS had money to spend and look at his buys!

MOXEY

DEENEY

PRINGLE

BARKER

BRAYFORD

ROBERTS

BUXTON

ANDERSON

CROFT

PORTER

CWYFKA

only 3 decent signings in there in my opinion, and barker has been playing crap recently.

Numpty Nige...

We all seem to know that Nigel has, what appears to be, NO tactical nous about him whatsoever. We all agree his team selection continues to get worse and tonight was an extra step in the wrong direction. When the crap has James Bailey been a RM????, Whether he's played there before or not, the guy is a very very average CM. Paul Green at RB cracks me up, But nowhere near as much as watching Clough try and convince himself that Brayford is a CB. Addison would have been better and (I know he sucks) Buxton was on the bench . Why bring in Buxton if a RB with no CB experience is gunna somehow leap above him in the selection???

GET RID!!!!!!!!!

MOXEY

DEENEY

PRINGLE

BARKER

BRAYFORD

ROBERTS

BUXTON

ANDERSON

CROFT

PORTER

CWYFKA

only 3 decent signings in there in my opinion, and barker has been playing crap recently.

You did say your opinion so I'll respect it, But Brayford isn't too bad (granted not at CB but RB where he belongs)

MOXEY

DEENEY

PRINGLE

BARKER

BRAYFORD

ROBERTS

BUXTON

ANDERSON

CROFT

PORTER

CWYFKA

We're fluctuating in the Championship, not absailing down it.. We could move up 4 places or down 4 places and roughly be on level terms (in terms of quality) with the teams around is...

Yes Clough has bought players.. Bailey, Cywka, Brayford and Moxey have all looked class at times this year, they've shown the potential to be able to play at a high standard...

My relation with Sunderland is they was at home, lying 6th in the PL having lost to a poor league 1 outfit.. They'll accept it and move on.. No need to sack a manager over it..

I have no idea why people want Clough gone.. Where do people realistically see us? As a midtable PL team? We've fallen way behind but people still live in cloud cuckoo land thinking we can roll teams over..

Got to agree with you uttox, thought sav should have took it personally.

Who cares, It was against the run of play and we didn't deserve it. We were horrendous, Got battered throughout the game and didn't deserve to win.....simple. Our defence has ALWAYS been a shambles, But this!?!?! Clough slowly built what he wanted to head towards, But turns out he built it outta dry sand instead of brick. And Crawley was a fat kid kicking us to the wind. To be honest we have been terrible of late and it just isn't acceptable.

We're fluctuating in the Championship, not absailing down it.. We could move up 4 places or down 4 places and roughly be on level terms (in terms of quality) with the teams around is...

Yes Clough has bought players.. Bailey, Cywka, Brayford and Moxey have all looked class at times this year, they've shown the potential to be able to play at a high standard...

My relation with Sunderland is they was at home, lying 6th in the PL having lost to a poor league 1 outfit.. They'll accept it and move on.. No need to sack a manager over it..

I have no idea why people want Clough gone.. Where do people realistically see us? As a midtable PL team? We've fallen way behind but people still live in cloud cuckoo land thinking we can roll teams over..

It's not just that tho, I admire the fact he ridded us of some deadwood left by monkeys like Jewell and tried to build a team of promising youngsters to develop with the club. However his tactics and team selection have been very very poor of late and if you cant make the simple decision of picking the best team then what hope have you got of consistency (which is all we need right now, not consistently bad tho!! :-)). I really do hope he turns it around but I just dont see it myself....

Archived