Does anyone think we will go back in for Fielding?

Boy from Brazil

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope so as I dont think Byewater is our answer in goals.

Please Nige have a nice word with Mr Glick and see if he can afford a loan move for rest of season;)

I think that Stephen Bywater is the cause of a lot of our recent problems. He creates pressure on the rest of the team with his pointless punts upfield rather than building from the back. He has been poor since the pre season games.

I sincrerely hope we go for Fielding.

Bywater, i'm sorry to say, is brain dead in football terms. His shot saving is his only saving grace, i'm genuinely suprised how hes not improved since he was young.

At West Ham he was earmarked as a good goalkeeper for the future, but hes hardly improved at all since then.

He makes the defnece nervous, and I am genuinely putting down some of the defensive lapses down to him. His distribution has always been terrible, and I do think his kicking was ok against Milwall, but it's not good enough.

When he threw the ball to no-one on the flank from a corner I couldn't believe he'd done it, almost cost us a goal with his idiocy. He can't catch either, and won't for some reason, Barker had to head a ball away from about 5 yards off the goal-line!

Fielding in would be brilliant, signing of the season for me. I'd be prepared to pay my entire budget for him having seen how we are with Bywater again.

I sincrerely hope we go for Fielding.

Bywater, i'm sorry to say, is brain dead in football terms. His shot saving is his only saving grace, i'm genuinely suprised how hes not improved since he was young.

At West Ham he was earmarked as a good goalkeeper for the future, but hes hardly improved at all since then.

He makes the defnece nervous, and I am genuinely putting down some of the defensive lapses down to him. His distribution has always been terrible, and I do think his kicking was ok against Milwall, but it's not good enough.

When he threw the ball to no-one on the flank from a corner I couldn't believe he'd done it, almost cost us a goal with his idiocy. He can't catch either, and won't for some reason, Barker had to head a ball away from about 5 yards off the goal-line!

Fielding in would be brilliant, signing of the season for me. I'd be prepared to pay my entire budget for him having seen how we are with Bywater again.

Fair comment Alex, Clough senior always said you build from the back, get a good keeper and he will gain you as many points as a reasonable striker.

It's no coincidence that teams at the top end of the league also seem to concede fewer goals, there must be something in Brian's logic.:)

Archived