Savage wants to play on...

Day

Derby County veteran Robbie Savage is eyeing a player-manager job.

The 36-year-old remains totally committed to playing "for the club he loves" and has topped his New Year's Resolutions list with the vow to earn a one-year extension.

"I've got two New Year Resolutions, though one kind of depends on the other," Savage told the Mirror. "First, it’s the final six months of my contract at Derby, a club I love, and I’m going to play as hard and as well as I can to try and earn another one-year deal.

"But second, if Nigel Clough and the backroom guys decide my time is up at Pride Park I will walk away with a handshake, some great memories and no hard feelings.

"It's going to be a major decision for me in the summer but, apart from my media career, one of the options under consideration is a player-manager role."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/derby-veteran-savage-plans-player-manager-future-1356721

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes good call, we'll see how much he loves us then. After all, he loves/loved Lesta.

Thats true, he has lovedf every club he has palyed for until he got fed up with relegation or not playing.

He does see, genuine when he talks about us though, and after all without DerbyCOunty where would he be now. He even almost ended up in the Lebanon before Clough took over.

Sign him up. He's proven alot of people wrong this year, again. Definitely got a part to play. I thought he would be a bit part this year bit maybe next year instead?

Cinderalla at the Assembly Rooms next xmas?

He's behind you......

Oh no he isn't

Archived