merry xmas to all you poms

trigger

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas Trigg - have a good one!

It must be wierd though having blazing sunshine at Christmas time - is there a tiny bit of you that misses old, cold Blighty?

Merry Christmas Trigg - have a good one!

It must be wierd though having blazing sunshine at Christmas time - is there a tiny bit of you that misses old, cold Blighty?

yes xmas id different over here with the weather , so yes i do miss the buzz of xmas that you get in the uk.

ps is xmas still allowed in england?:D

It's about the only thing that is Trig!

Some councils here took it upon themselves to ban apple bobbing and conker fights...

Bloody health and safety gone mental! :mad:

Bloody hell - that one's not got over here yet.....ssshh, let's all keep quiet.

Can't be doing with such crap laws. I have loads of them at work but one in particular stands out and I have to break it quite often..

I'm "supposed" to maintain 3 point contact with me ladder - (both feet, one hand) and then my boss decides to hang useless shelves which completley blocks my access to the already existing shelves in the corner, so when I have to clean them, (with an extendable pole) I have to balance on the sink with one foot, balance at the top of a rickety ladder with the other and cling to the new shelves for dear life with one hand, hope I don't go flying and break me neck!

I've complained loads of times about the ladder being unsafe and my reply was "It's worse than the old one we got rid of, can't afford another one..."

If I fall off it they're getting their arses sued. :mad::mad:

Can I just have a taller, sturdier ladder please? Failing that, take the fecking shelves down!

One thing though - (some) H&S laws are there for a reason and they're obviously needed - but in my case they get overlooked by my boss. The next thing I know she's introduced totally pointless ones that just don't benefit anybody.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. :mad:

Feel free to have a rant - I love rubbishing useless H&S laws.

NOOOO! there are virtually no "Heath and Safety" laws - just organisations paranoid they'll get sued. Health and safety normally gets blamed for things being banned and such, but in reality there's nothing to stop them going ahead other than fear that good old litigious Britain will end up with someone getting hurt and thinking "f'ck 'em, I'm suing".

Health and Safety has only banned stuff such as Asbestos. The stupid **** you read in the Sun (like Conkers banned because of Health and Safety) isn't anything to do with health and safety. All Health & Safety says is you should assess any risk associated.

I blame Richard "live and unhinged" Littlejohn for most of it.

NOOOO! there are virtually no "Heath and Safety" laws - just organisations paranoid they'll get sued. Health and safety normally gets blamed for things being banned and such, but in reality there's nothing to stop them going ahead other than fear that good old litigious Britain will end up with someone getting hurt and thinking "f'ck 'em, I'm suing".

Health and Safety has only banned stuff such as Asbestos. The stupid **** you read in the Sun (like Conkers banned because of Health and Safety) isn't anything to do with health and safety. All Health & Safety says is you should assess any risk associated.

I blame Richard "live and unhinged" Littlejohn for most of it.

It just shows the power of the press (and knobjockeys like Littlejohn), that otherwise reasonably intelligent people still blame it on "H&S".

No one seems to want to blame the greedy, bloodsucking lawyers who pester people into no-win, no fee claims.

Thats what stops councils and businesses alike from doing stuff - its the extra insurance premiums they have to pay if they get sued.

Archived