Ipswich v Leicester

Day

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was great to watch, been a long time since I have seen a game played in them conditions. Just like it should be.

Watching the highlights it looks like the players weren't really struggling with the conditions.

Atwell would have been slated by Keane if he had abandoned the game, so fair play to him for letting it go on.

Had that been Derby v whoever, a game that would of secured automatic promotion and we was drawing 0-0 in the 89th minute, Commons in brought down inside the box although the ref has given a free kick as he couldn't see the penalty area line. The resulting free kick sails over the bar and we draw 0-0 and miss out on automatic, then go onto lose in the play offs.

Would Attwell have still made the right choice to play the game?

The game shouldn't have been abandoned as it shouldn't of kicked off in the first place.

And what if you can't see the lines of the pitch?

I'm all for playing in the snow, it should be done more often. But in a blizzard where it's hard to see pitch lines? No thanks, costly mistakes can be made, we've seen how bad the officials are on a clear day.

cricket is the game for you,bit of bad weather and everybody off the pitch.bloody lightweights

Go and play Darts on a board constantly being covered with snow. We'll judge where each dart lands while the snow is still on it.

Still fair?

Archived