What happened to the old DET mods?????

Boy from Brazil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The moderators you mentioned took control of the DET and cleaned it up around summer 09. They did an excellent job. For most of 09-10 it was a fast, furious, and very funny forum with more posters than you could shake a stick at. If you knew the forum then it’s hard to understand how anyone could rubbish it.

Then we were all moved to the Delaroy forum. This is referred to as the DET even thought it wasn’t run by the DET. It seemed OK at first but any unmoderated footie forum is a disaster waiting to happen. Sure enough, during the short time of its existence the banter and genuine differences of opinion turned into open warfare and outright bullying.

I don't recognise the old forum from this.

Most of the more tedious exchanges were struanw v PeteDerby, struanw v BoyfromBrazil, struanw v goldfish. Can't say that i ever saw anything obviously libelous. Most people were bemused at what happened at the death. Alot of posters have migrated here so theres not alot of difference is there? A few formerly prominent posters have faded in the background but the main difference is the missing mod with toddy avatar who seemed to like to create a bit of a row.

p.s. I havent been offered any biscuits?

Hi Mary,

Sorry you have lost me on this timeshare thing:confused:,why would i be interested? are you selling yours in Portugal?

I dont need thank you as i have a nice Villa in Cascais just outside Lisbon.

No worries mate, will you support my petition for pride park to have a Kop End?

DET was good, this forum is good, COYR is good all Derby County forums are good because they mainly talk about Derby County

I may be being a little slow but who is gadolf? And what did happen at the end of the old DET cause I must have missed it.

If it can't be posted could someone msg me if that's ok?

I'll message you (bearing in mind that's fine with the Mods).

I don't recognise the old forum from this.

Most of the more tedious exchanges were struanw v PeteDerby, struanw v BoyfromBrazil, struanw v goldfish. Can't say that i ever saw anything obviously libelous. Most people were bemused at what happened at the death. Alot of posters have migrated here so theres not alot of difference is there? A few formerly prominent posters have faded in the background but the main difference is the missing mod with toddy avatar who seemed to like to create a bit of a row.

p.s. I havent been offered any biscuits?

Fair enough. People’s experiences and memories of the DET and the Delaroy forums will be different and I wasn’t trying to rewrite anyone else’s history. I was just trying to say that the ‘DET’ had a number of different ‘versions’ (even during its final 18 months) and that it’s sometimes difficult to work out which version is being rubbished. :)

p.s. Boycie only seems to offer his biscuits to the younger poster :confused:

Archived