What happened to the old DET mods?????

Boy from Brazil

I wanted to know are they on here, as I remember one was called Derby seadog(or sonething like that) the other used to argue alot with people but forgot his name...where are they now???? on here with another name is it Daveo or Trigger just moved over;)

Anyway I never became a poster on there as all i could see was arguements all the time with posters and Mods, never did ike them, clad I joined here, better bunch of chaps:rolleyes:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanted to know are they on here, as I remember one was called Derby seadog(or sonething like that) the other used to argue alot with people but forgot his name...where are they now???? on here with another name is it Daveo or Trigger just moved over;)

Anyway I never became a poster on there as all i could see was arguements all the time with posters and Mods, never did ike them, clad I joined here, better bunch of chaps:rolleyes:

certainly was not trigger!

could not stand the det -full of pompous -self rightous *******

(not all of them by the way-most of the good ones seemed to have settled in on this site)

Portugalram, I guess you're thinking of Struanw?

For some reason certain posters seemed to take umbridge with him, he could be quite swift in meeting out his moderations (if that's anything remotely like any kind of correct terminology!), also he was a frequent poster in a non-Mod kind of way and could be quite firm in his own opinions (nothing wrong with that), some people saw that as a conflict of interest. Personally I never had any problems with him (or any of the mods on the DET) and I could usually see where he was coming from.

It was a very busy old forum at times and I wonder if they were under direction to be very swift and firm with any posts or posters which they thought might get the site into trouble - bearing in mind the forums eventual demise, you could understand why they may have taken that approach if that was the case. As far as I could see, anyone getting banned for accusing other posters or third parties of being paedophiles, nazi's, rapists, etc and refusing to apologise (as actually did happen on more than 1 occasion) didn't really have much grounds for complaint.

P.S. I think DSD is on comeonyourams, not seen him on here thus far.

Being a moderator doesn't and shouldn't stop you having an opinion which some people seem to tended to forget over there.

The DET mods had a hard job with all the idiots over there, and despite what some might say they actually did a good job.

Not sure where they have all ended up, I wouldn't be surprised if Strawn is somewhere under a new username, don't blame him either after all the unfair abuse he took.

Being a moderator doesn't and shouldn't stop you having an opinion which some people seem to tended to forget over there.

The DET mods had a hard job with all the idiots over there, and despite what some might say they actually did a good job.

Not sure where they have all ended up, I wouldn't be surprised if Strawn is somewhere under a new username, don't blame him either after all the unfair abuse he took.

a bit like myself there really, i dont deserve all the abuse i get either:rolleyes:

struanw and arturolupoli were fantastic mods considering the size of that place and the shere amount of idiots which shouldn't be aloud to have the internet, let alone views on anything, made their jobs impossible.

The whole structure of that forum was disfunctional. There was a period of about 6 months where there was basically no moderation at all, and some things were posted on there which would have caused a lot of trouble if certain parties had seen it. The DET themselves barely took an interest, and despite Delaroy's efforts to improve it (which he had to a certain degree), its size and its inability to deal with half-wits meant it was always doomed.

I'm not just talking about libel. There were extreme cases of wummery and trolling, and attrocious cases of cyber-bullying.

It seems like the majority of those idiots from the DET are either still trying to complete the registration form for this site or have been dealt with immediately by the superb mod team on this forum.

Duracell is a much happier bunny in this particular burrow :)

struanw and arturolupoli were fantastic mods considering the size of that place and the shere amount of idiots which shouldn't be aloud to have the internet, let alone views on anything, made their jobs impossible.

The whole structure of that forum was disfunctional. There was a period of about 6 months where there was basically no moderation at all, and some things were posted on there which would have caused a lot of trouble if certain parties had seen it. The DET themselves barely took an interest, and despite Delaroy's efforts to improve it (which he had to a certain degree), its size and its inability to deal with half-wits meant it was always doomed.

I'm not just talking about libel. There were extreme cases of wummery and trolling, and attrocious cases of cyber-bullying.

It seems like the majority of those idiots from the DET are either still trying to complete the registration form for this site or have been dealt with immediately by the superb mod team on this forum.

Ok found it, thought it was excluded not moved to another section, well back to topic.

Yes totally agree Durecell they had a tough job the both of them, but they also came across as big headed know it alls as well especailly struanw, i liked DAZ thought he was ok and tried to control things better than the other 2 struanw and Derbyseadog.

I never posted on there as i saw it as a bit intimidating to posters, but i loved checking what was happening with Derby County and if there was any rumours going about(think we should have that page on here, not transfers) I used to look at Popside aswell and that was good, but for some weird reason decided to join this one:) I think Daveo and Boycie are great and the humour and good banter is great stuff...keep it going guys;)

Great post. Sums it up perfectly for me.

There were indeed some truly awful posters on there and at times it got downright ugly.

Think this forum is better too, though I do miss 'guess the team' for matches and ratings afterwards.

We did have a ratings thread for a match the other week. If one's not been started, you may start one.

The guess the team could be part of the pre match posts on the actual match day thread. Lots of people put their own guess the score on there already.

Maybe everyone who wants to could do a guess the attendance as well?

I read somewhere on that forum that they needed written permission from a big sports editor in the DET to ban usernames.

Here, we wait for Daveo and Boycie to ponder over some jaffa cakes in the comfort of their front rooms as they decided who is a half-wit and who isn't.

Archived