Rush of Blood to the Head....

Alex W

Just something I thought i'd post as I was thinking about it earlier.

Have you at a football match, due to something thats annoyed you, shouted out something that you've felt ashamed or guilty of afterward?

This could be racist abuse (hopefully not), general insults, nasty comments etc.

Two seasons ago against Swansea, I remember shouting out "End someones career Savage!" as i'd had a few drinks and their cheating was infuriating me. Now, I feel ashamed of that, and feel a right fool as anyone who heard that must have thought I was a right idiot. And I was for having said it.

Just wondering, has anyone else done something similiar? Spoke to a friend who's at college who has recently had an essay set on how human behaviour reacts in different situations. Just got thinking about it and thought it might be an interesting thread.

So, any experiences of this?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not me, of course, but a woman in front of me in the east stand stood up on saturday as Commons was being subbed and turned around and yelled at a man who was saying Commons had cost us 2 goals. (did he? don't think he did)

So this bird turns around and yells "He's had diarrhea all WEEEK what do you expect!"

There were so many clever come backs to shout, but the bloke failed.

It was the same woman who was pissed up and stood up again and shouted "Where's all the boy boys now then ay?" after we started our unbeaten home run. Her daughter was pulling at her jacket to make her sit down. She kicked over her bottle of Calsberg which made me laugh even more.

I give some **** to Pearson out lately that i regret as soon as i say it. Just frustrates me.

At Leicester i lost my rag with Leacock and said something about him being useless (which he isn't) Few people looked around. Was just frustration at having Leicester fans a few seats away giving abuse. regretted that too.

Other than that the most ashamed i felt was when i booed our performance vs Blackpool last season. Blackpool were awful and we managed to be worse somehow. Terrible. First and last time i'll ever boo Derby.

3 cases of terrible support. I plead guilty. :redface::frown::frown:

There was a dipstick somewhere behind me on Saturday that kept giving Commons abuse all game.

I get frustrated with players but i never shout abuse. Just sometimes curse their mistake. This bloke had plenty of more personal abuse to aim at our leading scorer.

There was a dipstick somewhere behind me on Saturday that kept giving Commons abuse all game.

I get frustrated with players but i never shout abuse. Just sometimes curse their mistake. This bloke had plenty of more personal abuse to aim at our leading scorer.

Similiar bloke two rows behind me, used to give Teale all sorts of abuse.

When I know I won't be using my seat anymore, and if he pipes up, i'm gonna ******* him for it.

Sometimes we all get annoyed, and once in a blue moon we give a player abuse that we really shouldn't. But it's people who do it week in, week out that really infuriate me. They don't seem to be happy people.

Similiar bloke two rows behind me, used to give Teale all sorts of abuse.

When I know I won't be using my seat anymore, and if he pipes up, i'm gonna ******* him for it.

Sometimes we all get annoyed, and once in a blue moon we give a player abuse that we really shouldn't. But it's people who do it week in, week out that really infuriate me. They don't seem to be happy people.

No and they come with an agenda. Their waiting for particular players to make an error so they can fire off terrible abuse at him. Savage is the number one target for these sorts. He's been brilliant for a while now, yet did you hear a groan when he played it back into defence when he could of played Bueno down the line. Plenty of people around me called him names for that....... even though he kept possesion rather than play a tricky ball to Bueno. Didn't deserve it at all.

I must admit to many rushes of blood over the years - none of which I am particular proud. Have to say though I feel most bad about the rare occasions I have been so wound up I have booed the team (not often but I have done it).

Yes, I have given individual players stick but only when they have trully deserved it and I definitely don't feel bad about that - if I don't do my job then I get it in the neck so I'm not going to start worshipping at the feet of an idiot footballer who can't be bothered to put a shift in. I try not to have a go at the technically challenged players - just those that aren't giving their all.

My big problem is that I don't necessarily reserve it for the football (which is bad enough) and at the age of forty I really should have grown up a bit more by now but hey ... :redface:

i frequently abused gary teale ?

Who didn't?

I have to admit I felt really sorry for him with that song - you know "Walking in a Teale Wonderland", how crap must that have made him feel?

This thread has made me feel like the grown up playground bully looking back on his misdemeanours as a brutish child and feeling sooooo bad about it.

a game last season can't remember the game now but the ref was shocking bad decision after bad decision also I was pretty wasted in the end I ran out expletives for the ref and ended up shouting come on ref you can't be ******* serious you ******* you ******* fcuker after that and my mates laughing at me i just sat down & shut up lol

I've had a season ticket since I was a toddler, so basically, ever since I can remember.

The same people have sat behind us since Pride Park opened and my dad got a season ticket again, and I joined in 2001. These people moan, weak in, weak out, and when we revert to a more defensive formation in the final few minutes to see out games, they start with the "we can't even apply the pressure for 90 minutes."

We've been "simply not good enough" for every single season I've been going, according to them, even under Burley.

They never ever get their facts right and we bemoaning Nigel's decision to "leave out Bailey and Moxey". They genuinely believe Clough prefers Pearson to Bailey. Which shouldn't make a difference anyway seen as they don't rate Bailey...

The bloke who sits in front of me lost his rag with them once. I'm proud to say I haven't yet but there's been times that I've regretted not speaking out.

All you can do is smile, tolerate it, and offer them one of your sweets from your Quality Street tin on the Boxing day fixture.

I've managed to pick up from their conversations that they read the Mail anyway, so you wouldn't expect anything less.

"Quality" post Bunny.

I really despair with people like the ones who sit near you.

Why the feck do they go? It must be torture for them, they seem to hate DCFC so much that when we play well and everyone else is buzzin, they just disappear up their own arrrrses.

I know, a lot of money they must spend to do nothing but raise their blood pressure! And after watching football for so long you'd expect them to atleast learn something from about the game.

The difference with my people, and this is what I admire them for, is that they don't stop when we're playing well either. They're amazingly consistent. Even against Newcastle last year one said "yeah, but what if this was the Premier League..." :rolleyes:

Woah, that felt good. 10 seasons I've held all this in.

I've shouted all types of **** over the years, probably abused every player we've had in the last few years. Dont really mean it but it's said in the moment when someone makes a bad touch etc and it just comes out. Been to watch football with my old man loads of times (Brighton fan), he doesnt half talk some **** at matches but it's only cos he cares to much. I guess a lot of moaners/absuers are the same.

Archived